The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks odds for winning stanley cup in 16/17

Yan86

2 hours ago, tybarber said:

I don't think so. I'd take that bet. I obviously think that winning the cup is a long shot, but not that much. Having a healthy sutter, a solid top 6 forward from FA, an improvement from the young guys, and solid TD acquisition (if in the position to do so), the team could be poised to make the playoffs. And then anything could happen.

To clarify though, I don't think that will happen, I just think the chances of it happening would be worth a $5 bet on 67:1 odds. 

I would draw the line at like 1:20 odds. 

Lol I wouldn't take that bet. I'd be throwing away my money because the Canucks won't win the cup this year. So any money spent is lost.

1 hour ago, BoKnows said:

The chances are unrealistic, I can't see us making the playoffs again until the Sedins retire.

Could be quicker than people think. The team will continue to change rather quickly.

Next year no chance of a cup.

Maybe in 5 years though we can start to challenge

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like those odds. Last season the Canucks were decimated by injuries and the rookies had to fill big skates. I don't believe the Canucks are as bad as their record was last season. Great that we get a 5th overall out of it. We'll finally get to see what we have in Sutter, hopefully a more mature Virtanen, a confident Hutton playing with Gudbranson. Tryamkin learning a little English and having a full season. Maybe a pleasant surprise with Larsen and Rodin. Add a top 6 UFA, and you never know. Speaking of Gudbranson, he'll have a big impact in the playoffs, along with Tryamkin and maybe Pedan. If Markstrom gets hot? Canucks need to stay healthy though.  

This is true for all teams.  Can't win without this luck. 

I think Bennings going to make a LOT of bold moves this off-season, he's already shaken things up with the McCann trade and there must be more to come because he's hunting for a true elite top line center to replace Henrik.

The only way he does that is by making a lot more trades and I'm sure he won't just settle at the draft. He'll draft well, trade and sign a UFA, then lets see the odds.

56 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think Bennings going to make a LOT of bold moves this off-season, he's already shaken things up with the McCann trade and there must be more to come because he's hunting for a true elite top line center to replace Henrik.

The only way he does that is by making a lot more trades and I'm sure he won't just settle at the draft. He'll draft well, trade and sign a UFA, then lets see the odds.

Tough for JB .  Our club was driven into the ground after 2011.  JB can move some old vets worth very little.  Too many NTC's with the core.  The younger drafted prospects are simply too young  / too much risk   to get us a current elite player.

We have to hold our strategy. DRAFT and DEVELOP.

PATIENCE.    NO Blockbuster multi player deals for our club.

Trading  older players that don't fit our core age demographic is the way forward for our team. 

Our time will come if we are patient and let your young drafted elite players develop properly. 

48 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Tough for JB .  Our club was driven into the ground after 2011.  JB can move some old vets worth very little.  Too many NTC's with the core.  The younger drafted prospects are simply too young  / too much risk   to get us a current elite player.

We have to hold our strategy. DRAFT and DEVELOP.

PATIENCE.    NO Blockbuster multi player deals for our club.

Trading  older players that don't fit our core age demographic is the way forward for our team. 

Our time will come if we are patient and let your young drafted elite players develop properly. 

I don't disagree but lets say the Canucks only average finding one core, contributing player per draft (probably a typical average) - the team would suck forever. Benning has to make some trades to supplement that- they just have to be for players in that "young but ready" age bracket, the Gudbranson trade being a perfect example. Even signing older free agents is ok as long as the term makes sense. Every successful NHL team is a mix of young and veteran players.   

26 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

I don't disagree but lets say the Canucks only average finding one core, contributing player per draft (probably a typical average) - the team would suck forever. Benning has to make some trades to supplement that- they just have to be for players in that "young but ready" age bracket, the Gudbranson trade being a perfect example. Even signing older free agents is ok as long as the term makes sense. Every successful NHL team is a mix of young and veteran players.   

I don't disagree with you,  but we have to get past  next years expansion  draft before adding vets....the time now should be used for converting aging assets...that being said  I  like  the Gudbranson trade......as long as we can protect who we have 

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Pittsburgh Penguins - 8/1
Chicago Blackhawks - 10/1
Washington Capitals - 10/1
St. Louis Blues - 12/1
Los Angeles Kings - 14/1
San Jose Sharks - 14/1
Tampa Bay Lightning - 14/1
Anaheim Ducks - 16/1
Dallas Stars - 16/1
Detroit Red Wings - 18/1
Minnesota Wild - 18/1
Nashville Predators - 18/1
New York Rangers - 18/1
Montreal Canadiens - 20/1
New York Islanders - 20/1
Boston Bruins - 25/1
Florida Panthers - 25/1
Philadelphia Flyers - 25/1
Colorado Avalanche - 33/1
Calgary Flames - 40/1
Edmonton Oilers - 40/1
Ottawa Senators - 40/1
Arizona Coyotes - 50/1
Carolina Hurricanes - 50/1
Columbus Blue Jackets - 50/1
New Jersey Devils - 50/1
Vancouver Canucks - 50/1
Winnipeg Jets - 50/1
Buffalo Sabres - 66/1
Toronto Maple Leafs - 66/1

...how is Edmonton ahead of anyone?

10 hours ago, Yan86 said:

Was on bet365 website and somehow went to see the odds for winning the stanley cup in 16/17. We are dead last with $1 paying out $67. Sens, Sabres, Leafs, Oilers, Flames, CBJ, and Hurricanes are all the same with $1 paying out $51. Are we really that bad with our current roster?

92% of CDC:  "Ha!  What do sports analysts and Vegas bookies know about sports?  They just hate the Canucks, Benning is building a winner." 

Seriously though.  Worse than the Leafs?  They should be equally awful as they were last year.  We should be at least 2nd last.

Archived