The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis and Henning to join Swiss league team

elvis15

Citing several close sources to Genève-Servette HC, the Tribune de Genève writes that former Vancouver Canucks' president and general manager Mike Gillis will join the Grenats' Board of Directors.

The 57-year-old Canadian would thus join Hugh Quennec, Chris McSorley and Franz Zolansky on the board. Gillis had been part of the Canucks' organisation from 2008 to April 2014.

Furthermore, according to Patrick Andrey (Yes FM), Peter Gall, a lawyer which also helped Gillis teach a sports law class at the University of Victoria this past semester, will also join the Board of Directors.

Moreover, Lorne Henning, former assistant GM of the Vancouver Canucks, will support Chris McSorley on the sportive side of things. Henning last worked as a scout for Team Europe for the 2016 World Cup, but has also a long history of coaching in the NHL.

8 minutes ago, Toews said:

Oh no a redundant thread whatever will we do? 

Oh right we can just throw a b**** fit at the OP for his oh so grievous sin of taking up some extra bytes of space on this forum.

Your wit is dry, and worth a plus for sure.  If anyone is guilty of wasting precious bytes of space .... (Yes, I know)

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Your wit is dry, and worth a plus for sure.  If anyone is guilty of wasting precious bytes of space .... (Yes, I know)

I have been highly critical of your own posting from time to time but either I have become inured to your style or you have become a better poster. My bet is on the latter. My apologies for being overly testy with you. I thought you were here deliberately to waste everyone's time. In hindsight I was wrong and I should have been more patient and welcoming of a newer poster. If you were to accuse me of hypocrisy you would be right. I have always tried to advocate CDCers to be more patient with newer posters. 

4 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Didn't even need to hit the search butter, just had to look at the most recent topic

Butter, eh? But yeah, don't have the recent topics list when on mobile.

Searching works well usually, but only if you remember to search for anywhere and everywhere someone might think to post something - like posting about a hiring in the Swiss league in Around the NHL.

:rolleyes:

Archived