The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

E3 2016

Mimerez

I'm really itching to talk about some of these trailers with some people, so naturally I came to CDC :lol:. Let me know what you guys think of this years E3! Below are the games that have me the most excited.

ReCore

When I saw the trailer for it at last year's E3, I was really hoping it'd be an open-world experience. Still not entirely sure, but it appears as if you've got a whole arsenal of machines to fight on your side. This trailer is actually probably my favorite from this year. I'm really looking forwards to playing this game.

We Happy Few

This game came entirely out of nowhere. A dystopian setting-esque game, it takes place after WW2, where this time the Allies 'lost'. People in this world are fed these pills called 'Joy', which are essentially these pills that changes the perception of one's world. I personally was getting spine chills throughout the trailer, as it looks creepy as hell. Very similar to Bioshock, with the art and general atmosphere.

Battlefield 1

My experience with DICE and EA games haven't been that great recently, but this game looks to rekindle my interest. A FPS game, it looks to re-imagine WW1 in a game. Definitely not historically accurate, but the idea of emphasized melee combat and a non-futuristic setting is actually really cool. I'm excited to go back in time with this one.

Dishonored 2

The first Dishonored was one of my favorite single-player games, so it's easy to say that I'm excited for this game. You play as 2 assassins, Emily Kaldwin (Woah) and Corvo Attano (OG) who have certain abilities that includes the likes of teleportation, time freezing and mind control. The 1st Dishonored wasn't expected to be anything great, but were they ever wrong. Lets hope this game has at least 20 hours of gameplay in it.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

One of the most legendary and fun series out there, the Legend of Zelda makes an awesome comeback. This game combines western-RPG elements with the classic LoZ, fusing to make a free-roaming, dungeon crawling heck of a masterpiece. The map for this game looks huge, so content won't be lacking.

Death Stranding

Not really sure how to describe this one... Very artsy. Oh, and Hideo Kojima is back after what happened at Konami.

Mass Effect Andromeda

I absolutely loved ME 1 and ME 2. Most of us can agree the 3rd one blows, so I'll be keeping my expectations relatively low for this one.

Horizon Zero Dawn

A system seller. Imagine Brave (the Disney movie), Far Cry 3 and The Last of Us all mixed into one game. It combines a massive open world, stealth, and a fresh story idea. The game looks gorgeous, and will definitely be pushing the hardware on the PS4 to its limits.

So, anything in particular have you guys interested? It's nice seeing so many fun games that I can't afford.

Yeah, I posted some of these trailers in the Playstation and Wii U threads.

I'm pretty damn excited for Death Stranding. With all the Konami bull$&!# that went down with Kojima and how he had to scrap the Silent Hills project with Norman Reedus and Guillermo Del Toro, it's great to see that now he's working on a new IP still with Norman Reedus. It looks very P.T. like in a way, and it's obviously gorgeous. There's really no telling what the hell it's going to be though, but it's pretty easy to have trust in Hideo Kojima for it to be a good one.

Horizon looks pretty good. The setting of mountains, etc kind of reminds me of The Witcher, but it looks like it has its own thing going on. I think I'll likely end up buying it. I definitely enjoyed the Killzone series, and whatever those developers bring next in Horizon looks interesting.

Mass Effect: Andromeda I'm pumped for. I already posted that trailer in the Andromeda thread here, with a bunch of information. I've recently been thinking about playing through 1, 2, and 3 again....but I'm not sure. That takes some commitment, especially if you're like me and need to play every single mission and side mission or else it won't feel complete.

Battlefield 1. It's a nice step to go back to the past. So many shooters seem to be going the futuristic route lately, so I'm pretty stoked for BF1. Although, that CoD: Infinite Warfare gameplay actually looks good. After hearing it was more future stuff I wrote it off, but that space gameplay does look good.

Zelda. It's the game all Wii U owners have been waiting for, and it looks like it's likely going to release for both the Wii U and the NX, much like Twilight Princess did with the Gamecube and Wii. Damn, those physics look great. The way that the wind controls the fire through the brush, and how the hitboxes actually make sense when getting attacked by enemies. If their sword doesn't actually touch you, you don't get hit

Spoiler

God of War. This game also looks to be making a turn away from just a big hack n slash game. I think I like where it's going. It will still have some classic GoW gameplay, but will be open world. That trailer was pretty huge for Playstation to start the conference off with.

The Last Guardian. People who have been waiting for this like myself have been waiting forever. It's been so long since Shadow of the Colossus was released. Hell, the HD Collection was years ago itself, so it's nice to finally see that The Last Guardian will finally see the light of day. I'm not completely sure I'm going to like the title, but it does look interesting. I think Shadow of the Colossus 2 would be amazing, considering what they were able to accomplish on just a PS2.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

The Last Guardian. People who have been waiting for this like myself have been waiting forever. It's been so long since Shadow of the Colossus was released. Hell, the HD Collection was years ago itself, so it's nice to finally see that The Last Guardian will finally see the light of day. I'm not completely sure I'm going to like the title, but it does look interesting. I think Shadow of the Colossus 2 would be amazing, considering what they were able to accomplish on just a PS2.

I haven't actually played the Shadow of the Colossus... I think it's time I check it out

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Can't youtube at work.  Any new Elder Scroll or Red Dead Redemption games in the works?  I guess another GTA is still years away but I am curious what Rock* North is up to.

Skyrim Remastered was announced

10 hours ago, Mimerez said:

Woah, just found out a lot of the new Xbone games are actually coming to Windows 10 as well. Looks like I'm getting a PS4.

Good call, at least their games are actually exclusive. 

Archived