The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Assistant Coach to Replace Gulutzan

Lui's Knob

Now that it is official and Green will NOT be an assistant coach with the team (will stay in Utica), who will be the next assistant head coach?

one of the news writers suggested Chyenoweth (former Islanders and Bruins player, connected to Benning/WD?) but don't know much about him. Would like a special teams coach and someone good with youth but experienced. Who's available? 

9 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Now that it is official and Green will NOT be an assistant coach with the team (will stay in Utica), who will be the next assistant head coach?

one of the news writers suggested Chyenoweth (former Islanders and Bruins player, connected to Benning/WD?) but don't know much about him. Would like a special teams coach and someone good with youth but experienced. Who's available? 

Kristin Chynoweth? :P 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

What about Naslund? He understands offence as well as anyone and has been doing a good job with Modo. 

Good idea, but it doesn't seem like he's gonna be willing to give up modo just yet

Just now, TheOgRook said:

Getting some weird visions of the big man trying to fit his mitts on one of those tiny tea cups and then raising the pinky lol

Lololol

Just now, Bob Long said:

What about Naslund? He understands offence as well as anyone and has been doing a good job with Modo. 

That's true! But he resigned from being GM, didn't he? Would he be willing to come back to the Canucks?

Just now, KyoNami said:

Good idea, but it doesn't seem like he's gonna be willing to give up modo just yet

I remember and interview with him last year where he said he was open to coming back to Vancouver for the right kind of job. Maybe this is it? I don't know though if WD is being given full autonomy on who fills the role, if thats the case then it will be a Medicine Hat buddy. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I remember and interview with him last year where he said he was open to coming back to Vancouver for the right kind of job. Maybe this is it? I don't know though if WD is being given full autonomy on who fills the role, if thats the case then it will be a Medicine Hat buddy. 

Coach WD should not be in the position the be picking the staff member. He is not persay on the hot seat, but he will be the first domino to fall if next season we fall and continue to struggle. That is just how it goes in todays NHL.

Too bad the coaching inventory has dried up and now we lost Gully. And green for some reason isnt willing to come to the west coast? Make more $ and be closer to his family. Likely be the successor to WD also.

7 minutes ago, Lui's Knob said:

Other names are Nolan Baumgartner and well Bob Hartley and Mike Johnston.... Not a great list...

Baumgartner is already an assistant in Utica, and if they're not promoting Green, then I doubt they will Nolan.

Hartley won the Jack Adams last year and won a game against the Ducks in Round 2. Doesn't seem that bad at first, but then Baertschi will probably want out.

Johnston is interesting because if we didn't hire Willie D, Johnston was likely the next choice. Likewise, if we chose Johnston, Pittsburgh might've had WD. But considering he brought Crosby down, not a great option either...

Maybe give Dallas Eakins another shot? I mean, he worked with the Oilers, and not even McLellan could fix them up this year so...

Archived