The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

Is there a league ruling on what happens if you accidentally draft a player who was already drafted? Say, you've searched and done your due diligence but the players name was spelled incorrectly/differently on the game sheets? I found one such thing while searching is all...

2 minutes ago, _arby_18 said:

Is there a league ruling on what happens if you accidentally draft a player who was already drafted? Say, you've searched and done your due diligence but the players name was spelled incorrectly/differently on the game sheets? I found one such thing while searching is all...

Good question.

If it was because of a mistake on the part of the league... you would be able to remake your pick at the next possible moment.

If it is your mistake as GM, then you'd have to wait until the end of the round as if you missed the pick.

Which instance?

2 minutes ago, theminister said:

Good question.

If it was because of a mistake on the part of the league... you would be able to remake your pick at the next possible moment.

If it is your mistake as GM, then you'd have to wait until the end of the round as if you missed the pick.

Which instance?

I noticed one when I searched for Henrik Borgstrom. It's Henrik Bjorgstrom in our files.

8 minutes ago, theminister said:

61438836.jpg

TRADE: There has been a trade between the Arizona Coyotes and the Tampa Bay Lightning.

To small.pngArizonaVictor Hedman, VAN 2017 4th Round Pick (Pick 111)

To small.pngTampa BayBo Horvat, Jaccob Slavin

Thank you very much @theminister for processing this trade.

Cheers to @Squeak for getting this one to come together, it's a process that lasted almost 2 months for a deal to finally come to conclusion. I feel this deal fits a need for both sides, and will be beneficial for both for years to come.

This past season, the Lightning learned first hand that is hard to win in this league with no depth. Had we kept our same core heading into next season, we'd have almost 50M committed to 7 players. We were looking to make a "hockey trade" and turn 1 star asset into 2 excellent assets and feel we've done this here.

It's very tough to say goodbye to Victor Hedman, especially knowing how he got to Tampa Bay in the first place via offersheet. After his career season, it just so happens that he is lined up to be a potential UFA next season. We've done some research on some comparable contracts signed across the league and came to the conclusion that in order to stay competitive, it was a reality that we wouldn't be able to give Victor much more of a raise on his 7.75M contract. Best of luck to him in Arizona, he'll be treated well there!

Coming back to the Lightning are two pieces just about to hit the primes of their careers. Bo Horvat has proven he is a legitimate top 6 centerman in the NHL, and time will tell if he can even go beyond that ceiling. Jaccob Slavin had a breakout season last year at the age of 22, and we feel he will be a key piece of our defensive corps alongside Roman Josi and Seth Jones for 10+ years. We extend our welcomes to Bo and Jaccob as they embark on a new journey in Tampa Bay!

An updated depth chart will come following the draft tonight.

Just now, AndreLePlum said:

Seriously? I have to do it on my phone via an app? I can't get it for the Mac I'm on. This is dumb. I'll do it but...

What are you talking about?

The discord is separate from the draft thread.

I already gave you the link.

Archived