theminister

IMG_1736.thumb.JPG.bdee8970c8cde9ea1c4dc4184cf6b1d8.JPG

Top 6 and bottom 6 forwards available out of Vegas. Notably:

- Ryan Spooner

- Anthony Duclair

- Vladimir Sobotka

- Cody McLeod

- Matt Calvert

- Jason Spezza (can retain if necessary)

- Troy Brouwer

- Eric Fehr

All sorts of defensemen available:

- Marco Scandella

- Michael Del Zotto

- Dan Hamhuis

- Mike Green (can retain if necessary)

- Matt Irwin

Goaltenders available:

Craig Anderson (can retain if necessary)

Calvin Pickard

Chad Johnson

Jared Coreau 

Montreal's 2017 Entry Draft Recap

Out: Dylan Larkin, 14th Overall, 62nd Overall, 2018 MTL 4th

In: Nolan Patrick (2nd), Michael Spacek (58th), Brett Connolly, Artyom Minulin (110th), Bokandji Imama (120th)

cut.jpg

(Nolan Patrick, selected 2nd overall)

The Habs are very pleased with the moves they've made ahead of and during the draft, as well as the players selected and acquired. Adding Nolan Patrick is obviously the big news of the day, but the other three picks in Michael Spacek, Artyom Minulin and Bokamdji Imama have us very excited as well. Picking Spacek and Imama continues a trend that GM _arby_18 likes to do on draft day, and that is picking passed over players from previous drafts who's stock have risen.

On top of that, bringing in a young player like Brett Connolly will give us another player in the age-group that we're targeting as our youth movement continues. We see him fitting in well with our group of forwards who are currently 24 years old or younger, including the likes of Alex GalchenyukMax DomiAdam LowryMarko DanoMatthew Nieto and a number of prospects including Nolan PatrickGerman Rubtsov and Aleksi Saarela.

All in all, a very good day in La Belle Province. 

5 hours ago, OurTimeToShine said:

Just catching up on the draft thread, Question about the Chabot situation:

Dont we usually announce which players are re entering the draft? 

Allso, Really $&!#ty situation for ON as well.. i dont know if there was a post by the league outside of the OP on the signing deadline happening but it may be a good idea to make a post to give all GM's an extra that they need to sign their guys warning in case theyve got other stuff going on and lose track of the schedule.Losing maybe the best D prospect around for nothing isnt in the best interest of the league and obviously his team. 

This happens every year. Last year Lethunder lost Sam Morin and the  Chicago Franchise lost Jayce Hawryluk. Every GM is responsible for signing their prospects at the deadline that is clearly stated in the "dates to remember" page.  I feel bad that Oldnews lost some guys but the majority of GM's did not because they followed procedure.   

What a great draft! So happy I finally got back out to one... with my wife leaving town today, and work demands, it was tough to make it work (5:30am work start), but totally worth it.

Special thanks to @theminister for putting on the draft (and controlling that beast), for hosting the draft party, and for continuing the draft for me via list after I had to bail (around 7:30). Thanks to all the boys in the draft central 'Think Tank' , for keeping it fun, and for vigorously shaking their heads when I told them who I was thinking of picking. Special thanks to Ty, Andre and their esteemed producer for their coverage of the under 18's, which lead to my selection of Luukkonen! I'll admit, I wasn't very prepared this year, but you all did a great job of helping me through! Thank you!  

Couldnt be more excited to watch this group develop!

Boston Bruins 2017 Draft Selections!

15th - Kailer Yamamoto 

37th - Isaac Ratcliffe 

46th - Ukka-Pekka Luukkonen

67th - Morgan Geekie

76th - Joni Ikonen

94th - Keith Petruzelli

95th - Kyle Olson

108th - Mathew Cairns

1 hour ago, ActionJax09 said:

This happens every year. Last year Lethunder lost Sam Morin and the  Chicago Franchise lost Jayce Hawryluk. Every GM is responsible for signing their prospects at the deadline that is clearly stated in the "dates to remember" page.  I feel bad that Oldnews lost some guys but the majority of GM's did not because they followed procedure.   

I agree for the most part. Just trying to see it from his pov im sure it wasnt intentional, mistakes happen i guess just sucks he has to lose a guy like that for nothin. Oh well.

5 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Florida Panthers have re-signed forward Taylor Leier to a two year deal.

fla.png Taylor Leier: 2 years, $ 1.7 million dollar contract ( $ 850,000.00 per season ).

5 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Florida Panthers have re-signed goaltender Linus Ullmark to a two year deal.

fla.png Linus Ullmark: 2 years, $ 1.8 million dollar contract ( $ 900,000.00 per season ).

Happy to come to terms with Linus and Taylor. We expect Linus to be the frontrunner for backup this coming season.

4 minutes ago, OurTimeToShine said:

I agree for the most part. Just trying to see it from his pov im sure it wasnt intentional, mistakes happen i guess just sucks he has to lose a guy like that for nothin. Oh well.

I know it sucks, but that is one of the reasons I like this pool as it separates itself from being easy and forces the GM's to manage even the smallest of details. This is not a pool for the average fan or the feint of heart. It is Darwinism at its finest!  

14 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Columbus Blue Jackets have re-signed goaltender Scott Wedgewood to a two year deal.

cob.png Scott Wedgewood: 2 year, $ 2.0 million dollar contract ( $ 1,000,000.00 per season ).

14 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Columbus Blue Jackets have re-signed defenseman Seth Helgeson to a two year deal.

cob.png Seth Helgeson: 2 years, $ 2.0 million dollar contract ( $ 1,000,000.00 per season ).

The Columbus Blue Jackets are happy to resign both Scott Wedgewood and Seth Helgeson as they bring the extra depth and talent needed now that we have moved to the Metro Division where it is highly competitive.

Thanks to Agent Mike for quick and easy negotiations. 

Ty Webb

General Manager

Columbus Blue Jackets

Na-na-na-na-na-na

I for one am happy to see the list as it is a window into the soul of each NHL team....for instance: is my guy coveted by the very team that has him in RL? ...just how many of my guys are protected by their teams in the NHL...how many of my guys could become GOlden Knights? its a great offseason this year, a spectacle of its own. 

Archived