Hannikainen - Rodin

McCoshen - Hultstrom

Cernak

Nedeljkovic

Copley

Madsen

RFA: Rau (F), Kukan (D), Forsberg (G)

Unsigned prospects:

F: Bellows (2016), Vesalainen (2017), Abramov (2016), Grundstrom (2016), Chytil (2017), Boqvist (2017), Davidsson (2017), Elvenes (2017), Formenton (2017),

D: Nielsen (2016), Gildon (2017), Westerlund (2017)

G: Booth (2017), Zhukov (2017)

2018 draft picks - 1st round pick (ARZ), 1st round pick (CGY), 2nd round pick (CBJ), 3rd round pick (OTT), 3rd round pick (ARZ)

14917ck.jpg

Another draft day passed and we feel like we've made big strides in our goal to rebuild this team and build organizational depth and quality prospects/players. After a quiet ED, we made up for it with a few solid trades and some picks we're very excited about. So without further ado, the Colorado Avalanche 2017 draft additions:

Martin Necas-C

2802967_sport-hokej-reprezentace-osmnact

Jakub Zboril-D

20140418%20CZE%20-%20DEN%200448-2.jpg

Adam Gaudette-C

hqdefault.jpg

Connor Ingram-G

1297911666628_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Casey Fitzgerald-D

Fitzgerald.jpg

Martins Dzierkals-LW

martins_dzierkals_rouyn_noranda_112115.j

Paul Bittner-LW

Paul-Bitner.jpeg

Morgan Frost-C

Jan1_Prospect-Profile_OHL.jpg

Mikey Anderson-D

0Bz4cIU0Y8tT4aDlLWTJYRkV1bHc.jpg?itok=p0

We're also thrilled to have added prospects Sean Day and Tyler Wotherspoon to our D corps and ANA's 2018 1st to next year's draft. We'd like to thank GM's @Tony Romo and @AndreLePlum for the pleasant and smooth negotiations.

Sean Day-D

sean_day_mississauga_steelheads.jpg

Tyler Wotherspoon-D

1297610376359_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

And finally, we couldn't be happier to get recent acquisition Andrei Vasilevskiy officially extended. We foresee him being a big part of this team moving forward long term. And while this is just a shorter bridge contract, we're 'hopeful' he'll make us pay up on a longer term extension in a few years with some solid net minding.

His signing, along with recent extensions to Dowd, Sekac, Richard, Morrow, Kosmachuck, Pokka, Pulkkinen (and pending Bailey) have solidified our depth for the coming year and with the above trades and drafting are all big parts of moving this rebuild ahead.

Special thanks to agents @Mike Vanderhoek and @greensman for their hard work and always fair and friendly negotiations.

9 minutes ago, theminister said:

The only thing that I will say on the subject is that it didn't ever occur to me that GMs needed to be reminded.

I should have posted about it but it never  once crossed my mind that it might be overlooked leading up to a draft.

They absolutely should not be reminded. It's situations like this that make this league realistic. Gary Bettman doesn't remind GM's in the NHL about deadlines. If he did Dale Talon would still be working for Chicago. If a GM can't keep up with the operating procedures of the league than maybe this isn't the league for them. 

That being said, in my dealings with Oldnews I have found him to be a very good GM and I'm sure he will own the oversight and carry on business as usual. 

Summer Buy-out Window - June 17th - June 24th @ 11:59pm Pacific Time (must be waived prior to June 23rd at 11:59pm

Deadline to file for Arbitration - June 25, 2017 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time

Deadline to qualify/sign pending RFAs - June 27, 2017 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time

Deadline to sign pending UFAs - June 27, 2017 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time

Initial Offer Phase of Free Agency - July 1, 2017

Free Agency Negotiations Open - July 5, 2017

Qualifying Offers Expire - July 31, 2017 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time

Regular Buyout window - September 23-30, 2017

Waivers: Arizona Coyotes place Darcy Kuemper on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a buy-out

We will *not* exercise the buyout immediately, just ensuring that the option is available in this window if he goes unclaimed.

@greensman / @theministerSome minor housekeeping if/when you get a minute (realizing you may be busy and it's no hurry ;) ) :

Frost and Anderson's draft positions are reversed. Frost should be 93, Anderson 103.

Same with Ingram (should be 70th) and Fitzgerald (should be 79th).

Calvert's been selected by LGK but is still listed as 2018 UFA.

Should have ANA's 2018 1st rounder from yesterdays trade (31st OA for ANA's 70th OA and 2018 1st).

On 6/18/2017 at 7:38 AM, theminister said:

Right... that had come up.

Remember you can search a name in the thread... they all should come up.

Hi TM.

Thanks one more time for yesterday!  I don't know how you run a draft & host a party?

This post simply triggered a minor housekeeping request. May as well ask to fix Henrik Borgstrom's name for us please?  If its possible when all the updates get done...

Cheers

Archived