The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

EXTENSION: The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed defenseman Alex Pietrangelo to an eight year deal.

van.png Alex Pietrangelo: 8 years, $ 52 million dollar contract ( $ 6,500,000.00 per season ).

* deal includes a full no-movement-clause in years 1, 2, and 3, limited no-trade-clause in years 4,5,6,7, and 8 (player can only be traded to a team that finished in the top ten in the standings in the previous regular season).

njd.png TRADE REPORT!

The New Jersey Devils are currently open to moving top nine forward Antoine Vermette, the team is said to be looking to add a pick in the 2019 draft as compensation. Teams looking for a very manageable contract for a top nine forward on a contending Playoff team should be in touch!

34 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

EXTENSION: The Vancouver Canucks have re-signed defenseman Alex Pietrangelo to an eight year deal.

van.png Alex Pietrangelo: 8 years, $ 52 million dollar contract ( $ 6,500,000.00 per season ).

* deal includes a full no-movement-clause in years 1, 2, and 3, limited no-trade-clause in years 4,5,6,7, and 8 (player can only be traded to a team that finished in the top ten in the standings in the previous regular season).

The Vancouver Canucks are delighted to secure Alex's services for the coming eight years. With a locked up core of Alex, John Tavares, Jamie Benn and Jonathan Toews, we are determined to push for the Stanley Cup success our team's long-suffering fans deserve.

Updated lines:

Jamie Benn (A) - Jonathan Toews (C) - Tomas Tatar

Anthony Mantha - John Tavares - Jimmy Vesey

Justin Abdelkader - Robby Fabbri - Josh Anderson

Zach Sanford - Luke Glendening - John Hayden

Warren Foegele

Zdeno Chara (A) - Alex Pietrangelo

Calvin de Haan - Brett Pesce

Will Butcher - Robert Bortuzzo

Rob O'Gara - Alexei Marchenko

Fredrik Andersen - Oscar Dansk

quick peak at my main roster protection status in the NHL....including Mike SMith, just selected to the VGK team from my roster. 

Protected:

F:Sedin, Smith, Berglund, Reaves      Exempt: Josh Ho-Sang

D: Sekera, Murphy

G: 

Possible Future LGK Players:

F:Vanek, Iginla, Ryan, Weise, Flynn, Stajan, Michalek

D: Orpik, Emelin, Merrill, Boroweicki, Goloubef

G: Korpisalo, *Mike SMith (already a GML Vegas Golden Knight, but selected from my roster)

Frankly I am shocked that a few of my protected guys were so protected by their teams IRL. 

Going to be an interesting few weeks as the Habs watch what happens with our players IRL.

With Alex Galchenyuk being a major name in the real-life trade rumour mill, as well as Cody Eakin to a lesser extent, and multiple of our players exposed in the expansion draft, we expect our lineup to potentially look a lot different by the time Free Agency rolls around in July.

Habs players exposed in Expansion IRL:

Cody Eakin

Carl Soderberg

Marko Dano

Thomas Hickey

Clayton Stoner

Will one or more of these players be Golden Knights in a few short days, or could they flipped to other teams? Will Galchenyuk get a fresh start somewhere else? We're excited to find out.

Florida Panthers Off-Season Roster:

David Pastrnak - Rickard Rakell - Patrick Kane

Tyler Toffoli - Mika Zibanejad - Charlie Coyle

Justin Williams - Colin Wilson - Patric Hornqvist

Sean Kuraly - Ivan Barbashev - Brendan Perlini

Lukas Sedlak - Marcus Kruger 

Josh Morrissey - Erik Karlsson

Jake Muzzin - Mike Matheson

Ian Cole - Fredrik Claesson

Kevin Bieksa

Corey Crawford 

Linus Ullmark 

Number of forwards I'm willing to move, looking to improve my 2nd D pairing as well

Archived