The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Stepan Falkovsky to a two year deal.

tam_nonWhite.1_70x70.png Stepan Falkovsky: 2 years, $ 1.4 million dollar contract ( $ 700,000.00 per season ).

I was tempted... but just couldn't sign a guy named Step-and-Fall-off-sky

Image result for nhl free agent frenzy logo

Teams looking to solidify their defense should be aware that Chris Tanev has been getting some heat in the market over the past 72 hours. Not ready to make a decision just yet, teams should get their best offers in or risk losing out on a "Canucks player on CDC" :o

philadelphia_flyers.png.9c447105f1355cee964fa4fbd2dc7ae3.png

2017-18 Philadelphia Flyers

Tyler Toffoli - Mikko Koivu - Jason Zucker

Mika Zibanejad - Adam Hanrique - Jonathan Marchessault

Conor Sheary - Nick Bonino - Michael Grabner

Alex Chiasson - Alan Quine - ?

Andy Andreoff - Iiro Pakarinen

Shayne Gostisbehere - Alec Martinez

Sami Vatanen - Chris Wideman

Colin Miller - Michael Del Zotto

Casey Nelson

Antti Raanta

Ondrej Pavelec

Firstly I'd like to thank Mike for all his work on the free agents. I'm thrilled we could re-sign all our key guys and add a guy like Alec to the line-up. The team is shaping up well Philly will be looking at depth moves going forward.

The Winnipeg Jets would like to wish a happy retirement to Kevin Klein, who today stepped away from the game after 12 seasons.  We'd like to to say congratulations on a fine career and wish him well. (Source: http://www.tsn.ca/rangers-d-klein-retires-after-12-nhl-seasons-1.799429)

The Winnipeg Jets have also released Mason Raymond from his contract, as he has signed a deal with SC Bern in Germany for the upcoming season. (Source: http://www.hockeyfans.ch/news/meldung/43188)

9 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Arizona Coyotes have signed defenseman Calle Rosen to a two year deal.

pho.png Calle Rosen: 2 years, $ 2.0 million dollar contract ( $ 1,000,000.00 per season ).

Excited to add Rosen - we are still looking to load up in hopes of a long playoff run and Rosen should be a big part of that

13 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

The Winnipeg Jets would like to wish a happy retirement to Kevin Klein, who today stepped away from the game after 12 seasons.  We'd like to to say congratulations on a fine career and wish him well. (Source: http://www.tsn.ca/rangers-d-klein-retires-after-12-nhl-seasons-1.799429)

The Winnipeg Jets have also released Mason Raymond from his contract, as he has signed a deal with SC Bern in Germany for the upcoming season. (Source: http://www.hockeyfans.ch/news/meldung/43188)

Fidget Spinner went to Europe (fixed) wow. 

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

3 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Fidget Spinner went to Germany, wow. 

Bern is the Capital City of Switzerland  ;)

1 minute ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

Bern is the Capital City of Switzerland  ;)

Now that's what they call a 'Bern' on you.

Madison Square Garden, offices of the New York Rangers, for immediate release.

c3ef08e4469b7ff8487bbacd7ef93de018203ac2

Several boxes to check off this morning folks, we will take questions at the end of the presser, thank you gentlemen, and Megan. First off let me just say a quick word about Craig Smith coming to the Rangers. Craig is a great two way player who has put together a good body of work coming into New York. Four seasons with over 35 points in them and the lockout year leaves just this past campaign as the anomoly in his stats. We know at 27 he can and will bounce back from that one down year and bring to us somewhere in the vacinity of 20goals. That is what we are paying him for and that is the expectation. Although that being said, he plays a full 200 foot game and we are thrilled to have him on the ice in our jersey this coming season, and beyond. That jersey, I remind you, is for sale now in the team store! With all he brings to the room and the ice, we are pleased to welcome aboard Craig Smith. Joining him as newbies to the club this year are Yannick Weber and Brenden Kichton, both blueliners who will try to crack the lineup this coming camp and each was brought in for our much sought after depth at the blueline. One of them will likely make the team out of camp, which makes for exciting competition to get the season rolling. Welcome to all three of these players, we hope you enjoy MSG as your new home. 

Moving along, we are not done yet in Free Agency. One of our biggest goals this offseason was to improve our depth at literally every position, and we are working that plan through the agents and FA players as we speak. More on that later.  Another realization within the club is that we want on the whole, MORE draft picks each year, versus less draft picks each year and thus we begin a transition away from a long worked strategy within the club to turn later draft picks into valid team members via trade rather than the processes involved in watching a prospect mature to game shape in the bigs. I take responsibility for the previous strategy, and to an extent it helped us overcome several years of injury and retirements and moves overseas by key on ice personnel. That era is finished now, we believe we have our lifecycle woes behind us regarding our HR department, and we can move forward. That being said, deals that include draft picks coming in are preferred going forward with other GM's as of this notice. Thank you for letting me get that message out. 

Lastly I am thrilled to unveil our SUMMER LINEUP, and what may be close to our lineup going into the season, with small variations and alterations as we flesh out our depth building plans. 

Thomas Vanek, Henrik Sedin, Bobby Ryan

Zack Smith, Patrik Berglund, Craig Smith

Josh Ho-Sang, Dylan Strome, Jarome Iginla

Dale Weise , Matt Stajan, Ryan Reaves

Brian Flynn 

Andrej Sekera, Connor Murphy

Brooks Orpik, Mark Borowiecki

Alexei Emelin, Jon Merrill

Cody Goloubef, Yannick Weber

Chad Johnson

Joonas Korpisalo

Thank you and good day folks, one last reminder, powerhouse Jarome Iginla may be available as we look to get younger up front and shore up our draft picks for next year. Thanks for reading. 

~Primal Optimist

On 7/6/2017 at 4:32 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

What; A miniature Kevin wanker Lowe as GM in Van?  Challenge is to meet 1/2 way, at Revelstoke. And have a boxing match. Cage match, whatever you want...  :angry:

Match BTW.   

@canuck2xtreme@Mike Vanderhoek just making sure this offer sheet below was recorded as matched. That was my ^ intent.  I'm sure it was, but does not reflect on my sheet, so being sure?

Thanks! :) 

On 7/5/2017 at 8:18 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

OFFER SHEET: The Vancouver Canucks have signed defenseman Julius Honka to a two year offer sheet.

van.png Julius Honka: 2 years, $ 4.15 million dollar contract ( $ 2,075,000.00 per season ).

* The Edmonton Oilers have seven days to match this offer or receive compensation from the Vancouver Canucks.

Image result for nhl free agent frenzy logo

Hearing Free Agent forward Rick Nash is closing in on a new deal, it appears he will remain playing in the Metropolitan Division, that's assuming an agent decides to check their bloody messages of course!

Numbers being leaked out involve a long term deal at over $ 6 million per season !?! :wacko:

Archived