The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

5 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed forward Jeremiah Addison to a three year deal.

fla.png Jeremiah Addison: 3 years, $ 3.3 million dollar contract ( $ 1,100,000.00 per season ).

On 7/22/2017 at 2:27 AM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed defenseman Anthony Florentino to a three year deal.

fla.png Anthony Florentino: 3 years, $ 2.325 million dollar contract ( $ 775,000.00 per season ).

Very excited to welcome Jeremiah and Anthony to our hockey club. Both will turn pro this season and will provide great depth for us while they develop.

11 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Andrei Mironov to a two year deal.

tam_nonWhite.1_70x70.png Andrei Mironov: 2 years, $ 1.7 million dollar contract ( $ 850,000.00 per season ).

10 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed goaltender Niklas Svedberg to a one year deal.

tam_nonWhite.1_70x70.png Niklas Svedberg: 1 year, $ 800 thousand dollar contract ( $ 800,000.00 per season ).

Thanks to @Mike Vanderhoek for processing!

Pleased to welcome Andrei and Niklas into the organization.

Surprised, but ecstatic to see Andrei still available thus far into free agency. Only 22 years old, and although he may not be the biggest point producing defender, he has left Russia to come play in North America, and there's a very good chance he'll make the Avs this upcoming year. For now he will go to our AHL affiliate but roster moves in the future may occur.

After striking out on multiple backup options, we decided to take a chance on Niklas. We know he may not work out, but at the cost of 800K, we figured to take a chance on him and hope he can win the job of Minnesota's backup out of camp.

1 hour ago, Squeak said:

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed defenceman Connor Hobbs to a three year deal.

NJD.png.3da0656b304e0041f69070a6435521fe.pngConnor Hobbs: 3 year, $2.775M dollar contract ( $ 925,000.00 per season ).

Didn't he get drafted by someone?

The Rangers have ended major transaction activity with the last couple signings as we fully evaluate our squad, players and cap situation. We have room for 4 more contracts, but to be fully compliant with the rules regarding cap we are down to a few hundred thousand dollars and need to hold up and take stock and see when the sheets are updated.

I am sure that the executive will be following the same rules wherein on "opening day" you can not have more dollars under contract than your GML cap and your minor league budget can cover between the two of them, and this includes players who will be on IR to start... It is something to remember anyways guys...as we build our squads...almost got me, but i dodged the upward limit by a few hundred thousand, heh. 

haha but i can't help but love my team depth this year, wahoo!

11 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

The Rangers have ended major transaction activity with the last couple signings as we fully evaluate our squad, players and cap situation. We have room for 4 more contracts, but to be fully compliant with the rules regarding cap we are down to a few hundred thousand dollars and need to hold up and take stock and see when the sheets are updated.

I am sure that the executive will be following the same rules wherein on "opening day" you can not have more dollars under contract than your GML cap and your minor league budget can cover between the two of them, and this includes players who will be on IR to start... It is something to remember anyways guys...as we build our squads...almost got me, but i dodged the upward limit by a few hundred thousand, heh. 

haha but i can't help but love my team depth this year, wahoo!

I would be more worried if I was the teams who still don't have top four defense, top six forwards, and believe it or not still teams without starting goaltenders. Its nearly August, Free Agency will have run its course for the most part by then and then we have a month and a half to prep for the upcoming season.

Again there are still teams without major positions filled on their clubs, it doesn't go unnoticed by ownership and in general is a good ole head scratcher to me anyways!

On 7/18/2017 at 8:57 AM, Squeak said:

SIGNING: The Chicago Blackhawks have signed forward Chris Kunitz to a two-year deal.

CHI.png.a47c680d0d99e88dc474f725e6434a9e.pngChris Kunitz: 2 year, $7.0 million dollar contract ( $ 3,500,000.00 per season ).

On 7/24/2017 at 9:50 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Chicago Blackhawks have signed defenseman Chris Tanev to a seven year deal.

chi.png Chris Tanev: 7 years, $ 28.0 million dollar contract ( $ 4,000,000.00 per season ).

The Chicago Blackhawks are excited to have signed both Chris' to our team. Chris K was a leader on our team who we were happy to give the opportunity to win with the eventual cup champion, MV's New Jersey squad. He will be looked to to continue to provide guidance to our top shelf youth, which includes ROY Auston Matthews and top liner Mikko Rantanen. We were most pleased with Chris T's agreement to sign with us (as well as joining his brother Brandon) long term, as we solidify our top pairing with he and Nick Leddy to compliment a great top 4 defense corps of Leddy/Tanev; Girardi/Staal.

Since our disappointing but necessary rebuild began last season, we have looked to ice a full line-up as a first priority, and bring in young but ready-to-play players. The Blackhawks think with (likely many on RL playoff team) newcomers Ryan, Cizakas, Vermette, Leivo, Lovejoy, Tennyson, Hunt, and Lehner, our Swede goalie partner to Markstrom, we have accomplished the active line-up priority. Our prospect depth and quality has grown substantially beyond Jones, Nosek, Deslaurier, Andersson and Trenin with the additions of afore-mentioned Lievo and Brandon Tanev, and acquired prospects Lipanov, Heponeimi, Carpenter, Mitchell, Yan, Sokolov, Sikura, Hathaway, Letunov, Vermin, Samurukov, MacDermid, Kivlenieks, and Rittich.

Chicago continues to look to improve and the phone lines are open to negotiate some improvements on our starting and prospect defense. Please PM GM somethingvery with your ideas.

Lastly, we believe that we have pulled together a group that could compete for a playoff berth as soon as this upcoming season, and we are proud to be able to provide this opportunity to our team and fans. 

Chicago Blackhawks current roster:

Spoiler

84a50d1f-3388-4c11-9606-5ed48fa1eb85.jpg

Forwards

Kunitz ▪ Matthews* ▪ Rantanen*

Zaripov ▪ Backes ▪ Sharp

Ryan ▪ Cizakas▪ Eriksson

Dorsett ▪ Vermette  ▪ Nolan

Reserves: Deslaurier

IR: Zajac

Defense

Leddy ▪ Tanev

Girardi ▪ Staal

Lovejoy ▪ Tennyson

Reserves: Gustafsson, Hunt

Goaltenders

Lehner

Markstrom

2016-09-20 10.58.04.jpg

Forwards

Jones* ▪ Lipanov* ▪ Leivo*

Nosek* ▪ Carpenter* ▪ Heponiemi*

Tanev* ▪ Sokolov* ▪ Yan*

Trenin* ▪ Sikura*▪ Mitchell*

Hathaway*

Defense

Andersson* ▪ Samorukov*

Taylor* ▪ MacDermid*

Westlund* ▪ Bodie*

McNally

Goaltenders

Kivlenieks*

Rittich*

McIntyre*

Point*

* = waiver-ineligible

Signing: The Carolina Hurricanes have signed 2016 draft pick Charlie McAvoy to a three-year entry level contract.

car.png Charlie McAvoy: 3 years, $ 4.5 million dollar contract ( $ 1,500,000.00 per season ($900,000 base salary plus $600,000 in bonuses per season) ).

Signing: The Montreal Canadiens have signed 2017 draft pick Nolan Patrick to a three-year entry level contract.

MTL.png.b15235613ceee3d859e68f211ee74ae4.pngNolan Patrick: 3 years, $ 10.725 million dollar contract ( $ 3,575,000.00 per season ($925,000 base salary plus $2,650,000 in bonuses per season) ).

21 hours ago, Squeak said:

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed forward Blaine Byron to a three year deal.

NJD.png.3da0656b304e0041f69070a6435521fe.pngBlaine Byron: 3 year, $2.85M dollar contract ( $ 950,000.00 per season ).

The Devils are thrilled to be adding a potentially productive forward to the organization who we feel has potential to be pushing for a roster spot as soon as this Training Camp! appreciate the time given in this negotiation @Squeak.

2 hours ago, Squeak said:

EXTENSION: The New Jersey Devils have re-signed defenceman John Carlson to a four-year extension.

NJD.png.3da0656b304e0041f69070a6435521fe.png John Carlson: 4 year, $21.0M dollar contract ( $ 5,250,000.00 per season ).

John is without a doubt one of our core players and one of our top defensemen in the organization. Locking him up at four more years keeps the Devils window for success open that much longer while ensuring John is a Devil during his prime years while also having leverage to negotiate a new long term deal while still in his prime years. Here's hoping the real life Capitals start pulling their weight come Playoff time and going deeper ? !

Columbus Blue Jackets - Roster Update

LW                                     C                         RW

Milan Lucic (A)       Brandon Dubinsky      TJ Oshie

Rick Nash              Paul Stastny                Kevin Hayes

Ryan Strome         Dylan Larkin                Bryan Rust

Riley Sheahan       William Karlsson          Joel Ward                        

Jimmy Hayes          Kyle Brodziak                             

LD                                                  RD           

David Savard                        Damon Severson    

Adam Larson                        Justin Schultz           

Justin Braun (A)                    Nick Holden

John Moore  

G

Marc-Andre Fleury

Anders Nilsson

Coney Island Warriors - Roster Update

LW                                     C                         RW

Remi Ellie                    Noah Rod             Frederick Gaudreau

Roope Hinz                Adam Helewka      Ryan Gropp

LD                                                  RD           

Seth Helgeson                       Ollie Juolevi

Brendan Guhle                      Robbie Russo

Dennis Cholowski                 Julius Bergman

Parker Wotherspoon                 

G

Ilya Samsonov

Scott Wedgewood

Contract termination:  Leafs D Andrei Markov - off to the KHL.

Elliotte FriedmanVerified account @FriedgeHNIC 3h3 hours ago

"Andrei Markov just told reporters he passed up NHL opportunities to go back to Russia and play in the KHL."

Best of luck to Andrei - thanks for choosing the Leafs - were a great veteran addition.  Have fun at the Olympics.

Las Vegas Golden Knights - Updated Roster

Alex Killorn - Jason Spezza - Tom Wilson

Matt Beleskey - Mark Letestu - Troy Brouwer

Matt Calvert - Vladimir Sobotka - Chris Stewart

Cody McLeod - Michael Ferland - Anthony Duclair

Eric Fehr

Mattias Ekholm - Mike Green

Marco Scandella - Jake McCabe

Dan Hamhuis - Alex Petrovic

Nikita Zadorov

Mike Smith

Calvin Pickard

Minor League Affiliate (Team Name Coming)

William Carrier - Gemel Smith - Spencer Foo

Alexandre Carrier - Oscar Fantenberg

Jared Coreau

Unsigned Prospects: 

Evan Fitzpatrick (via trade)

Ilya Sorokin (via trade)

Keegan Kolesar (via trade)

Adin Hill (via trade)

Timothy Liljegren

Mathieu Joseph

Joseph Woll

Nikita Popugayev

Markus Phillips

Calvin Thurkauf

Luke Martin

Antoine Morand

Hudson Elynuik

Back from vacay, and re-energized.

GMs - could you all please quickly PM me your draft selections for this year. If you would be so kind, I will get them added to your spreadsheets asap.

i just need player name, round and number selected.

example - Kailer Yamamoto (selected 1st round - 15th overall)

thanks guys! Hope summer is treating you all well! 

Archived