The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

On 8/1/2017 at 11:17 AM, greensman said:

Similar to above: if you guys have any simple book keeping stuff to be edited on your spreadsheet, PM me and let me know.

I`m not doing signings or trades yet, just keeping our records straight at the moment.

11 hours ago, J.R. said:

FTFY ;) Danke  sir. 

Happy to have Cam and JFK aboard.  We'll update our depth chart tomorrow. 

Colorado still has plenty of depth D and now some backup goalies available to anyone still in need. 

14917ck.jpg

Further to this, we're pretty thrilled to add Cam and JFK to our roster. Cam gives us a solid veteran backup and mentor to Vas and JFK is another player we feel is really helping us build that internal competition for key roles that will help push Colorado back in to contention in the not distant future.

Greens, if you wouldn't mind updating my cap sheet, as follows, at your convenience:

Avalanche Roster

Helm, Monahan, Granlund

Barzal, Hertl, Pominville

Pulkkinen, Dowd, Hemsky

Richard, Mitchell, Gaudet

Nichushkin

Beauchemin, Schenn

McNabb, Tryamkin

McQuaid, Gunnarson

Connauton, Witkowski

Vasilevskiy

Ward

Springs Roster

Bournival, JFK, Senyshyn

Harkins, Bailey, Kosmachuck

Jacobs, O'Brien, Sekac

Pokka, Bowey

Morrow, Dougherty

Morin, Chatfield

Wotherspoon, Raddysh

Hutchinson

Hammond

Halverson

(Hopefully I didn't miss anyone...)

5 hours ago, Squeak said:

SIGNING: The New Jersey Devils have signed forward Mattias Elfstrom to a three year deal.

NJD.png.3da0656b304e0041f69070a6435521fe.png Mattias Elfstrom: 3 year, $2.1 million dollar contract ( $700,000.00 per season ).

The Devils are excited to bring this young forward into the organization. Maybe a little further down the road but we felt his potential was something we wanted to start developing. 

Updated Organizational Depth Chart

Montreal Canadiens

Max Domi - Alex Galchenyuk - Jordan Eberle

Nolan Patrick - Cody Eakin - James Neal

Antoine Roussel - Carl Soderberg - Brett Connolly

Blake Comeau  - Adam Lowry - Marko Dano

Matt Nieto

Brent Burns - Jake Dotchin

Shea Theodore - Erik Johnson

Braydon Coburn - Thomas Hickey

Clayton Stoner - Steve Santini

Henrik Lundqvist

Michal Neuvirth

North Dakota Fighting Hawks

Maxim Mamin - Aleksi Saarela - Michael Spacek

Samuel Blais - Adam Tambellini - Boko Imama

Joe Labate (qualified RFA) - Radel Fazleev - MIchael Carcone

Dylan Sadowy

Sebastian Aho - Anthony DeAngelo

Mitch Vande Sompel - Noah Juulsen

Guillaume Brisebois - Zach Redmond

Keaton Thompson - Dylan Blujus (qualifed RFA)

Ville Husso

Richard Bachman

Unsigned Prospects:

German Rubtsov, Nathan Bastian, Artyom Minulin

On 24/07/2017 at 9:48 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The New York Rangers have signed defenseman Johnny Boychuk to a five year deal.

nyr.png Johnny Boychuk: 5 years, $ 24.75 million dollar contract ( $ 4,950,000.00 per season ).

On 24/07/2017 at 10:23 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The New York Rangers have signed goaltender Semyon Varlamov to a six year deal.

nyr.png Semyon Varlamov: 6 years, $ 29.5 million dollar contract ( $ 4,916,667.00 per season ).

These two amazing additions have fleshed out our roster depth dramatically. This year has a good ring to it. 

Roster Depth:

The New York Rangers
Colin Wilson Henrik Sedin Bobby Ryan
Josh Ho-Sang Dylan Strome Craig Smith
Brian Flynn Matt Stajan Dale Weise
Joe Colborne Nate Thompson Lukas Sedlak

John Boychuk Connor Murphy Semyon Varlamov
Brooks Orpik Mark Borowiecki Chad Johnson
Alexei Emelin Kevin Bieksa  
Cody Goloubef Yannick Weber  
Connecticut Whale
Player Player Player
Marek Hrivik Filip Chlapik Jarome Iginla
Austin Wagner Eric Cornel Reid Gardiner
Milan Michalek Zach Stepan  
Thomas Vanek Thomas Novak  

Patrick Sieloff Carl Dahlstrom Joonas Korpisalo
Danny Biega Aaron Irving Chris Gibson
Gustav Bouramman Jonathan Diaby  
Brenden Kichton Tommy Cross  
Logan Stanley Duncan Siemens  
IR CANDIDATES: Patrik Berglund Andrej Sekera

Washington Capitals & Dover Dobermans Projected 2018 Lineup (Bold = Offseason Addition)

Evander Kane   -   Henrik Zetterberg   -   William Nylander

Chris Kreider    -      Kyle Turris          -   Jakob Silfverberg

Richard Panik   -    Valtteri Filppula  -   Zack Kassian

Ryan Dzingel    -     Andrew Copp       -   Melker Karlsson

Carter Rowney

Clayton Keller

John Klingberg   -   Ryan Ellis

Keith Yandle      -   Radko Gudas

Matt Hunwick   -   Trevor vanRiemsdyk

Dylan DeMelo

Matt Murray

Kari Lehtonen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J.T Compher       -    Danny O'Regan        -    Matt Lorito

Matthew Peca     -    Greg McKegg        -    Kevin Roy

Nathan Walker    -    Frederik Gauthier     -   Daniel Audette

Buddy Robinson  -   Jean-Sebastien Dea  -   Pierre Engvall

Victor Olofsson

Shane Gersich

Devon Toews     -   Christian Djoos

Joakim Ryan     -   Andreas Englund

Luc Snuggerud  -   Mark Friedman

Simon Despres

Steve Michalek

Evan Cowley

Tanner Jaillet

Unsigned Prospects:

Filip Hronek

Sami Niku

Sorry for my recent quietness, I am watching stuff in the background and am still reachable on discord most nights, just had some personal $&!# that stopped me being able to be on as much as I'd like.

All sorted and back now, sorry <3

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Sorry for my recent quietness, I am watching stuff in the background and am still reachable on discord most nights, just had some personal $&!# that stopped me being able to be on as much as I'd like.

All sorted and back now, sorry <3

Hope all is well B!

It is summer and that means no hockey, right? Casey Mittelstadt is not taking a day off however....as you can read about here in this spoiler he was honing his skills and being noticed at the WJ Summer Showcase! As an added bonus, there is a spoiler inside this spoiler featuring Logan Stanley, also a standout at the showcase!. Nick Henry, another unsigned prospect with the Rangers is recouperating from surgery for a torn labrum, however he was 2nd in rookie scoring at the WHL this past year with 81 points and should bounce back well in four to six months.  The fourth of our unsigned prospect pool, Adam Ruzicka, just spent his first North American year and while he dropped in the draft from a late first to a full fourth round pick, we believe the underlying talent will shine through as he gains more feel for the game this side of the pond and puts all his very well stocked tools to use consistently. 

WORLD JUNIORS

Mittelstadt making impact at World Junior Summer Showcase

Sabres forward prospect motivated after not getting invited to 2017 WJC final selection camp

by Adam Kimelman @NHLAdamK / NHL.com Deputy Managing Editor

PLYMOUTH, Mich. -- Forward Casey Mittelstadt (Buffalo Sabres) doesn't just want to play for the United States at the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship.

He plans to be a dominant offensive force.

"There's unfinished business," Mittelstadt said. "Everywhere I go I want to be one of the main contributors and make a lot of plays on the ice. That's what I think I do best."

Mittelstadt arguably has been the best player for the U.S. during the World Junior Summer Showcase. He has eight points (three goals, five assists) in four games, including two goals and two assists for USA White in an 8-2 victory against Canada Red on Tuesday, and two assists in a 3-2 U.S. win against Sweden on Wednesday.

The U.S. has two games remaining, against Finland on Friday (4 p.m. ET; NHLN) and Canada on Saturday (7 p.m. ET; NHLN).

"He's so confident," coach Bob Motzko said. "His talent level is off the charts."

Mittelstadt has played left wing on what's been the most productive U.S. line so far, with center Logan Brown (Ottawa Senators) and right wing Kailer Yamamoto (Edmonton Oilers).

"Me, [Brown and Yamamoto] made a lot of quick little passes and were moving and trying to find some open areas, and I think that's what we do really well together and that's when I'm at my best," Mittelstadt said.

Mittelstadt's inspired play is a remnant of last year's Summer Showcase, when he was an early cut and then wasn't invited to the final selection camp for the 2017 WJC in December.

"Obviously it was tough," he said. "You want to make it and be here as long as you can. At the same time it was a good learning lesson."

Mittelstadt had a strong 2016-17 with Eden Prairie (Minn.) High School and Green Bay of the United States Hockey League. He averaged 2.56 points in 25 high school games and led the USHL with 1.25 points in 24 games. The Sabres chose him with the eighth pick of the 2017 NHL Draft.

Despite not being part of the U.S. team that won the gold medal at the 2017 World Juniors, Mittelstadt watched as much of the tournament as he could.

"Even though I wasn't there I was still cheering for them," he said. "I had good buddies on the team, lot of Minnesota guys on the team."

Now he's back for this year's Summer Showcase more comfortable and feeling like he can display the full scope of his talent.

"I'm a little more confident and comfortable," he said. "I know more what to expect, know the guys I'm playing against. I think that's the main difference. … Just try to come in and try to play my best. For me, I'm pretty comfortable and know the guys really well. … It helped me a lot to get back here and know what to expect. I came here ready to go this year and [want to] keep playing well."

There's a lot of time between the Summer Showcase and the 2018 WJC, which will be held Dec. 26-Jan. 5 in Buffalo. And Mittelstadt knows the start to the NCAA season with Minnesota will be big for him to have a chance to play in the tournament in front of his future home NHL fans. But Motzko has liked what he's seen so far, and expects to see more moving forward.

"Real impressed with how he's carrying himself," Motzko said. "If you're an athlete and you're competitive and it was taken away from you a year ago, this is his chance, this is his year. He's stood up and made some noise."

Not to be outdone, Look up, look way up. 

That 787 you see approaching the tarmac is in fact Rangers prospect Logan Stanley, and if you are interested, his appearance at the Summer Showcase did wonders for his press. If you're not interested, don't open the spoiler, which of course is a TSN snippet showcasing Logan at the showcase. 

STANLEY A FORCE ON THE ICE, 'TEDDY BEAR' OFF IT

Thirty-nine teenagers are playing for Canada at the World Junior Summer Showcase and all of them are trying to stand out and get noticed by the coaching staff. Logan Stanley doesn't have to worry about standing out. At 6-foot-7, 231 pounds, the defenceman is noticeable the moment he steps on the ice. "I joke that he doesn't even have to move in the D zone," said goalie Michael DiPietro, Stanley's teammate in Windsor, "he can just poke his stick and reach the blue line. Yeah, with that oak tree of a stick it makes him pretty effective out there on the ice."

But with the NHL game getting quicker and quicker, Stanley has made keeping up a priority. "You always try and develop your skating," the Winnipeg Jets prospect said. "The game's so fast now that everyone has to be able to skate. You can't just be a big guy so that's what I try to work on and I think it's been improving."

Stanley's expansive wingspan allows him to cover a lot of ground even if he's not the most nimble guy. "You just have to take advantage of the long reach you have and have a good stick and just try and close gaps on guys quick," he explained. "After that it comes down to moving your feet. You can't just rely on your reach. You have to move your feet all the time."

"I think his skating has really improved," DiPietro said. "You know, he's definitely a threat defensively and then offensively I think he's underestimated a bit. He has great hands for a big guy. And he's definitely mobile. He can get to spots on the ice, use his skating to his advantage and with his stick length and reach there's no problem."

Stanley, who returned from a knee injury just in time to help Windsor win the Memorial Cup last spring, is an imposing figure on the ice and not afraid to drop the gloves. In fact, back in the 2015-16 season he fought Guelph's Givani Smith, a friend and Canadian teammate at the Summer Showcase.

"That game was pretty nuts," Smith recalled, referencing a series of fights near the final buzzer. "We looked at each other at centre and said, 'Hey, why not? Let's do it.' The good thing about Stanley is he's a hard player to play against on the ice, but off the ice he's a nice guy and we joke around a lot."

How different is Stanley's demeanour away from the rink?

"I think polar opposite is the best way to describe it," DiPietro said. "On the ice he can definitely rub people the wrong way and off the ice too he can sometimes get in moods (laughs), but he's a great guy off the ice. Just a big teddy bear."

Archived