The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

"Let me be perfectly clear,

Rumours are rumours, but some of these suggestions need to be addressed. Nik is a great member of our team, did he have a down year? sure, but everyone does. We have talked to some teams, and taken calls from others, but there is no plan or agreement to move Nik Kulemin. As the various sports desks are reporting there are over ten teams who could afford him and most of which would love to have his production on their team, but the fact is Nik is a fan favourite at home in New York and we certainly are not shopping him around. That San Jose, Edmonton, WInnipeg< St Louis, CHicago, the Islanders, Penguins Caps and bruins...even the sens and Huricanes COULD have a solid guy like Nik on their squad, for a small price on the trade market is patently not exactly what I said. Absurd is a word I would use. How wildly these rumours get blown out of control. I have never mentioned which of those teams have called, nor who we have contacted, but yeah, if you members of the press are going to corner me over the issue, then yeah, I guess any of those teams technically could start the year with Nik Kulemin and be better off for having him, and yeah, sure, we wouldn't be looking at a large piece coming back, because frankly, Nik might not be on the block"

21 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

"Let me be perfectly clear,

Rumours are rumours, but some of these suggestions need to be addressed. Nik is a great member of our team, did he have a down year? sure, but everyone does. We have talked to some teams, and taken calls from others, but there is no plan or agreement to move Nik Kulemin. As the various sports desks are reporting there are over ten teams who could afford him and most of which would love to have his production on their team, but the fact is Nik is a fan favourite at home in New York and we certainly are not shopping him around. That San Jose, Edmonton, WInnipeg< St Louis, CHicago, the Islanders, Penguins Caps and bruins...even the sens and Huricanes COULD have a solid guy like Nik on their squad, for a small price on the trade market is patently not exactly what I said. Absurd is a word I would use. How wildly these rumours get blown out of control. I have never mentioned which of those teams have called, nor who we have contacted, but yeah, if you members of the press are going to corner me over the issue, then yeah, I guess any of those teams technically could start the year with Nik Kulemin and be better off for having him, and yeah, sure, we wouldn't be looking at a large piece coming back, because frankly, Nik might not be on the block"

I talked to my accountant... we wont be better off ;) 

lol.

29 minutes ago, greensman said:

Damn you summer.

i check twice a day... So not hockey right now.

I will be back at it negotiating contracts and posting signings later this evening, will make sure to touch base with all the GM's patiently waiting.

Have the in-laws here from Regina so yeah.......

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I will be back at it negotiating contracts and posting signings later this evening, will make sure to touch base with all the GM's patiently waiting.

Have the in-laws here from Regina so yeah.......

certainly not pointed at agents, just a slow and dead time for us all... though agents do make it a bit more interesting (as do real life signings, i guess).

just sharing my frustrations, likely with 29 other like minded individuals.

14 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

The Edmonton Oilers would sadly like to terminate the contract of forward Mike Santorelli;

So many overseas signings these days... the NHL cup runneth over.

Great way for some guys to restart their careers I guess (wonder if Cody Hodgson will go that way?)

6 minutes ago, greensman said:

So many overseas signings these days... the NHL cup runneth over.

Great way for some guys to restart their careers I guess (wonder if Cody Hodgson will go that way?)

A unrelated / related consideration is the viability of Europe for young players.  Not just older players.

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

A unrelated / related consideration is the viability of Europe for young players.  Not just older players.

Totally. Young guys that aren't getting enough time are doin it, as are guys 24-26, as a last shot at stepping up their game.

2 hours ago, Squeak said:

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have signed forward Carl Hagelin to a five year deal.

EDM.png Carl Hagelin: 5 years, $ 22.0 million dollar contract ( $ 4,400,000.00 per season ).

That deal took some time, must have been some significant Hagelin going on.

Archived