The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

On 25.8.2017 at 11:07 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The St. Louis Blues have signed forward Antoine Waked to a three year deal.

stl.png Antoine Waked: 3 years, $ 2.4 million dollar contract ( $ 800,000.00 per season ).

The Blues are very pleased to welcome Anoine Waked in St.Louis.

Antoine is coming from a excellent last Season in the Juniors where he has recorded 39 Goals in 67 Games.

He will give us some more depth on the Right Wing Position in the Minors while Filip Ahl has decided to Play in Sweden to get some professional experience and will be probably not   available for North America at this Time. 

Antoine will be the last signing for the Blues for now after we didn´t came to an agreement with some Defence Prospects that we have talked to.

Only Goalie Tyler Parsons is on our Agenda to sign an ELC  after Marek Mazanec signed in Europe some weeks ago. This will happen until lthe Training Camp Starts.

On 8/26/2017 at 7:41 AM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed defenseman Ben Harpur to a three year deal.

fla.png Ben Harpur: 3 years, $ 3.75 million dollar contract ( $ 3,750,000.00 per season ).

Was Ben unsigned  in :wacko: GML or is this a re-signing?

Met him a few months ago. He's very tall!

On 8/26/2017 at 7:09 AM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have re-signed goaltender Matt O'Connor to a one year deal.

edm.png Matt O'Connor: 1 year, $ 900 thousand dollar contract ( $ 900,000.00 per season ).

Thanks for your time Mike, welcome back Matt!

Once our goalie of the future, but we will keep working with Matt.  Still oozing potential?

MSN NEWS

There is no doubt a Three Headed beast in Madison Square Garden that must be beaten back before the Season begins. Iginla, Michalek and Vanek, formerly on top of their respective hockey worlds, and now, all three represent a three headed 18 million dollar Dragon that must be faced by the Rangers long before any NHL Rival. 

"I am very aware of our circumstances and we have a month to see how this plays out, I think we are in a good spot to keep one of them, while we may need to say goodbye to a couple of the other vets who may be eating up cap space without seeing ice time. It is never an easy situation, "rotating for freshness" so to speak. There isn't much to beat around the bush about. We are up to the challenge and we know the way forward, but you never want to have to say goodbye. In this case we believe that Jarome and Milan are available to a team that believes in the magic they create on the ice. My phones are always open, and the men in the chairs opposite mine know how to reach me. No, there won't be any more questions:" ~GM PO of the New York Rangers made his statement brief and to the point earlier today. 

On 8/25/2017 at 2:41 PM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Florida Panthers have signed defenseman Ben Harpur to a three year deal.

fla.png Ben Harpur: 3 years, $ 3.75 million dollar contract ( $ 3,750,000.00 per season ).

1.25 per ;)

14 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Was Ben unsigned  in :wacko: GML or is this a re-signing?

Met him a few months ago. He's very tall!

Unsigned! Very excited to add a quality prospect like Ben. 

Apparently there was a high priced aging star I forgot to acquire moments before his imminent retirement. To that guy I say as a fan of his career long team, dang near, and a much more appreciative hockey fan these past 6 years of playing fantasy hockey, thank you for a job well done, and thank you for putting in the effort and perseverance to make our idle time all the more entertained! You will be missed but not replaced. To #19, Salute!

Hi @canuck2xtreme or @greensman

May I ask a minor roster fix?  I show Jakub Jerabek as requiring waivers on my sheet. He's 26, so should require 50 NHL games under his belt & be waiver exempt until then?

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/7659/stats

Please and thanks if you can help!

On 8/30/2017 at 10:38 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Hi @canuck2xtreme or @greensman

May I ask a minor roster fix?  I show Jakub Jerabek as requiring waivers on my sheet. He's 26, so should require 50 NHL games under his belt & be waiver exempt until then?

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/7659/stats

Please and thanks if you can help!

done 

4 hours ago, greensman said:

done 

If you're feeling bored ( :P ), feel free to update my sheets to:

Avalanche Roster

Barzal, Monahan, *Pending Trade

Granlund , Hertl, Pulkkinen

Hemsky, Helm, Pominville

Mitchell, Dowd, Gaudet

Nichushkin

Beauchemin, Schenn

McNabb, Tryamkin

McQuaid, Gunnarson

Connauton, Witkowski

Vasilevskiy

Hutchinson

Springs Roster

Bournival, JFK, Senyshyn

Harkins, Bailey, Kosmachuck

Jacobs, O'Brien, Sekac

Pokka, Bowey

Morrow, Dougherty

Morin, Chatfield

Wotherspoon, Raddysh

Hammond

Halverson

On 28/08/2017 at 2:25 PM, Primal Optimist said:

MSN NEWS

There is no doubt a Three Headed beast in Madison Square Garden that must be beaten back before the Season begins. Iginla, Michalek and Vanek, formerly on top of their respective hockey worlds, and now, all three represent a three headed 18 million dollar Dragon that must be faced by the Rangers long before any NHL Rival. 

"I am very aware of our circumstances and we have a month to see how this plays out, I think we are in a good spot to keep one of them, while we may need to say goodbye to a couple of the other vets who may be eating up cap space without seeing ice time. It is never an easy situation, "rotating for freshness" so to speak. There isn't much to beat around the bush about. We are up to the challenge and we know the way forward, but you never want to have to say goodbye. In this case we believe that Jarome and Milan are available to a team that believes in the magic they create on the ice. My phones are always open, and the men in the chairs opposite mine know how to reach me. No, there won't be any more questions:" ~GM PO of the New York Rangers made his statement brief and to the point earlier today. 

Whew, I can't say how relieved I am that Thomas Vanek found a place to ply his trade and whats more, he gets to play for my favourite team in the League!!!!! As a huge fan of both, I would say this almost makes up for his salary differential between RL and GML...lol V.A.N.E.K. in V.A.N. is how I spell relief. 

Archived