The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2016-17

theminister

The teams being aggressive for undrafted players (in our league) and the skips really through me for a loop - I probably wouldn't have traded the 12th overall pick, knowing who was available.

Happy to trade back up and take Bellows at 20th (someone we were considering at 12th, if all went 'according to plan').

Excited to get Abramov at 33, we expected him to be long gone by then.

Grundstrom at 46 is a value pick - a personal favourite player, who we feel will be an NHL player.

Grabbing the number one ranked N.A. goalie, Evan Fitzpatrick at 80th.

We then chose to select an undrafted defenceman in Andrew Nielsen after a 70 point season in the WHL at 81st overall. Getting Chad Krys in the middle of the fourth worked for us, and Tim Wahlgren is another personal favourite of the draft.

We also recouped a pick in 2017, while adding Dominik Simon and Ian McCoshen in the end - so a good draft day for the desert dogs!

20 hours ago, _arby_18 said:

Signing: The Arizona Coyotes agree to terms with D Jakub Kindl on a three-year deal.

Jakub Kindl - 3-year deal worth $6,000,000 ($2.0M per season).

Excited to get Kindl under contract - he adds depth to our D core.

Thank goodness Gauthier and Rubstov were picked at 26 and 27. Had Rubstov in particular still been available, I would have had an incredibly tough decision on whether to select either one of them or my eventual pick, Ilya Sorokin. In the end, I would have stuck to my plan to select Sorokin. My goaltending is spotty for the next several years. Need a succession plan in place.

3 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

Not likely - I can't commit to being online at a specific time due to work and family (and the time difference, just see the trouble Bomba and CS had), so I trade all my picks in timed drafts. You'll never see my taking part in the GML draft, as fun as it looks.

I have no excuses.

I completely dunced out and reset my time difference clock for daylight savings here. Forgot they also move another hour away the opposite direction there... I was around, online, then did some stuff thinking it was an hour off. :wacko:

The rules were announced so I accept my fate.

But some adjustment in future rules would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Squeak said:

The teams being aggressive for undrafted players (in our league) and the skips really through me for a loop - I probably wouldn't have traded the 12th overall pick, knowing who was available.

Happy to trade back up and take Bellows at 20th (someone we were considering at 12th, if all went 'according to plan').

Excited to get Abramov at 33, we expected him to be long gone by then.

Grundstrom at 46 is a value pick - a personal favourite player, who we feel will be an NHL player.

Grabbing the number one ranked N.A. goalie, Evan Fitzpatrick at 80th.

We then chose to select an undrafted defenceman in Andrew Nielsen after a 70 point season in the WHL at 81st overall. Getting Chad Krys in the middle of the fourth worked for us, and Tim Wahlgren is another personal favourite of the draft.

We also recouped a pick in 2017, while adding Dominik Simon and Ian McCoshen in the end - so a good draft day for the desert dogs!

I reaaaaally wanted Nielsen:(

For me, this league's biggest draw, besides the personalities of the GM's involved is how much its Immersive Experience is really true to life. The real life NHL draft is on a specific day and time and has time limits, ours always should as well, to continue that vastly immersive feel the CDCGML is respected for. We have a 23 man keeper league with another farm team under it and unsigned prospects under that and an annual draft to keep track of, juggle and maintain. There is no better fantasy league out there because of that, and to not want a portion of that for any individual GM is a good sign that perhaps a lesser quality league is a better fit, just something to think about: the reason for this league is its authenticity, so to want less authentic isn't a bad thing, but it isn't our thing.

Archived