The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14th pick (proposal)

With the acquisition of Gudbranson, we suddenly have a potential logjam on defense. By draft day, I would imagine that Benning should have a good read on whether resigning Hamhuis is a realistic option. If it is, then to clear not only room, but some cap, I would propose that Sbisa would become a very tradable asset. He's still young, he (at times) looks like he is beginning to "get it", and realistically he doesn't have that bad of a cap number. I don't think we really have the assets to move back into the top 10 to grab one of the big three D-men. But...Boston is getting old really fast on the blueline. Sbisa, and his willingness to hit, would be a good fit in Beantown. Let Chara tutor him a little on the finer points of playing D, and he could really help them. As for the trade...

Sbisa to Boston, add in next year's 3rd (or add in Brisebois; between Larsen, Pedan, Subban, Tate Olson and Biega, I don't see Brisebois realistically playing for Vancouver)

Vancouver gets Boston's 1st round (14th overall)

With that pick, we draft Riley Tufte, let him mature a couple/few years, hopefully he turns into something special. He already has a quality you can't coach; Size!

And if you're gonna flame this, ok. I've been guilty of not getting player values correct before. Just make it intelligent, instead of something like..."you're an idiot"

1 hour ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

By stating you think Spizza is "beginning to get it" do you mean he will take 8 seconds behind the net waiting to make a pass, as opposed to last years 10 seconds? If so, does that make him worth a first round pick? 

Regards, 

SP33

Gave me a good laugh, Spatty.

More than one time last season I actually yelled at my TV : "Just #$%&ing leave it there and skate away, you potato brain, fuuuuu$% sakes!"

I he did improve a bit though, just not with the puck in his own end. Massive brainfarts behind the net. What gives?

57 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Gave me a good laugh, Spatty.

More than one time last season I actually yelled at my TV : "Just #$%&ing leave it there and skate away, you potato brain, fuuuuu$% sakes!"

I he did improve a bit though, just not with the puck in his own end. Massive brainfarts behind the net. What gives?

loll yea the "break my TV" moment occurred when both Weber and Sbisa were on the Ice and they passed it all the way back into our own zone, with Sbisa ending up behind the net with the puck waiting to move forward again. Even Garrett said "they passed the puck into their own zone" LOL 

TBH, Sbisa did improve a lot from his first year, he was a lot more stable in his own zone, but he still cannot handle the puck on his stick, or make quick decisions, a necessity in todays NHL. 

Archived