The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lebron James Jr. Reportedly Has Scholarship Offers

JV77

Already at the age of 11, Lebron James oldest son is being scouted looking to be recruited from major US colleges!

Holy cow! LeBron James Jr. reportedly has scholarship offers from Kentucky and Duke

13K SHARES
 TWEET
 EMAIL

In the aftermath of Cleveland’s epic Game 7 victory in the NBA Finals, it was impossible not to fixate on LeBron James and all of the natural celebrating and excitement that flowed from Akron’s native son. It was also hard to miss his sons, LeBron James Jr. and Bryce. Both are following in their father’s footsteps on the court, and LeBron James Jr. may already be nearing the rarified recruiting air reserved for superstars like his father.

RELATED: LeBron James Jr. on Thad Matta’s recruiting radar at just 9-years-old | VIDEO: Watch LeBron James Jr. put on a show with dad watching

According to a lengthy ESPN profile of LeBron by ESPN’s Dave McMenamin and Brian Windhorst, his older son LeBron James Jr. already holds scholarship offers from Kentucky and Duke. Here’s the quote where the authors all too subtlely announced that young Bronny has scholarship offers from two college basketball titans at the ripe age of 11:

“He raised both arms, just as he did when he pinned Iguodala’s would-be layup against the glass with his right arm, and his son, 11-year-old LeBron Jr., did the same (making it no wonder why he already has standing scholarship offers from both Duke and Kentucky, according to a source).”

LeBron himself had previously noted that his son already had scholarship offers, though he also berated the practice of offering scholarships to children who are still years from middle school. At the time, many predicted that Ohio State was one of the schools with designs on Bronny. Now we know that Duke and Kentucky are in the mix for sure, if McMenamin and Windhorst are to be believed.

basketball, Duke, kentucky, lebron james, LeBron James Jr.

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/holy-cow-lebron-james-jr-reportedly-has-scholarship-offers-from-kentucky-and-duke

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2647434-lebron-james-jr-reportedly-has-scholarship-offers-from-duke-kentucky

17 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I think it's a new phenomena for North American sports, but I think it's a current practice in Europeen soccer.  I believe Real Madrid and Barcelona were battling to get Neymar when he was 12, or something like that.

or like a 14 year old connor mcdavid was hyped to be the next gretzky

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

people calling it idiocy, i call it jealousy. stop hating on the kid

Nobody's hating on Lebron Jr, we're hating on the schools. Recruiting 11 year olds is just ridiculous. No guarantee he'll be half the player his dad is anyway- look at MJ's son.

3 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

people calling it idiocy, i call it jealousy. stop hating on the kid

nothing to do with hating on the kid sparkle

stop jumping to erroneous assumptions.

did you read the OP?

"LeBron himself..... berated the practice of offering scholarships to children"

1) The kid is... a kid.  

2) The kid does not need a scholarship.  His dad makes 23 million a year.   Give the scholarships to kids that actually need them - when they're an adult.

Archived