The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Hamhuis was a big part of our cup run in 2011, and all teams need guys like him in their top 4.

Juolevi does project to be a bit more offensive than Hamhuis was as well. 

Juolevi is also a big game player from what I've seen. WJC and OHL Playoffs Memcup, and now Liiga playoffs too. 

• Upvote 3

Hammer was tougher than Oli is likely to be....but Oli is bigger and can make passes (already) that Hammer could never think of trying.

Much like Hutton...Oli just needs to grow up...at this point they are both just big kids trying to have fun for a living...a good dose of Playoff hockey would season them...!

51 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Hammer was tougher than Oli is likely to be....but Oli is bigger and can make passes (already) that Hammer could never think of trying.

Much like Hutton...Oli just needs to grow up...at this point they are both just big kids trying to have fun for a living...a good dose of Playoff hockey would season them...!

A hamhuis/Salo hybrid would be beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, stawns said:

A hamhuis/Salo hybrid would be beautiful.

Awesome hybrid, but it would spend too much time in the shop;). 

Need to ad some iron man qualities too. Can we throw in a little Linden or Henrik even though their forwards. We need to injury proof our d men. 

3 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Awesome hybrid, but it would spend too much time in the shop;). 

Need to ad some iron man qualities too. Can we throw in a little Linden or Henrik even though their forwards. We need to injury proof our d men. 

We can rebuild him. We have the technology.

• Upvote 1

Raising the level of play has been routine for Juolevi for the last couple of years now in the OHL Playoffs, Memorial Cup, WJC and now the Finnish league Playoffs. Really happy that he's able to do that. I think it would be nice if he could have some more games like that in the regular season though. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Raising the level of play has been routine for Juolevi for the last couple of years now in the OHL Playoffs, Memorial Cup, WJC and now the Finnish league Playoffs. Really happy that he's able to do that. I think it would be nice if he could have some more games like that in the regular season though. 

We have had plenty of players who do much better in the regular season than they do in the playoffs. It's high time we got some more Linden/Ohlund type playoff warriors. If that is how OJ plays, cranking up the intensity when it really matters, I'm just fine with it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

We have had plenty of players who do much better in the regular season than they do in the playoffs. It's high time we got some more Linden/Ohlund type playoff warriors. If that is how OJ plays, cranking up the intensity when it really matters, I'm just fine with it.

Horvat is another player who cranks it up from playoff time!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

“Cough cough” Kesler “cough cough”