The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Kinda OT, but can any Finnish speakers tell me if “Juolevi” means anything?

Sometimes the robot translations of Finnish posts on Juolevi end up being about drinking.

I know “juo” means drinking, but wondering if “juolevin” actually means something in Finnish?

Just tried translating this tweet:

And ended up with this:

“In the Elitei it reads a drink in the BIOS that thririves under pressure. The core of the EP's Äijät.”

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Has there been any talk of Juolevi joining the Comets after TPS is eliminated?  Both Benning and Linden have specifically mentioned Dahlen coming over but I don't remember hearing them mention Olli.  The Comets defense is banged up right now and could use him.

6 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Has there been any talk of Juolevi joining the Comets after TPS is eliminated?  Both Benning and Linden have specifically mentioned Dahlen coming over but I don't remember hearing them mention Olli.  The Comets defense is banged up right now and could use him.

I think at some point they were quoted saying they would bring him over once his season was finished. 

He’s played a lot so there might be some fatigue. Also could be playing through a minor injury, given how banged up TPS’s D has been (there’s been nothing to indicate this, just a possibility, since it’s common practice to push through the bumps and bruises during the playoffs). So maybe they decide he needs a few days rest after his season ends over there.

But assuming he’s healthy and TPS gets eliminated soon, I’d expect he’d join Utica in fairly short order.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1

If Olli were to join Utica after TPS is out

Where do you guys think he will slot in on the left side?

Weircoch 

Breezer

Sautner

Juolevi

Would he auto slot into the #2 hole or start out on the 3rd pairing?  If sautner goes down. Curious what happens I suspect he'd go down with Goldie and Motte. 

Olli adds offensive PPQB skills.  Does anyone know the Utica d pairings from last night?  I heard weircoch and Chatfield were playing together not long ago.

Edited by Rush17

_________ - _________

Juolevi - Gudbranson

Sautner - Stecher

Brisebois - Chatfield

Canucks still need a #1-2 D. So, picking between 6-9, is there a #1-2 D in there? Juolevi projects to be a #3-4, from what I've been hearing/reading.

They need to win a lottery pick, plain and simple.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

_________ - _________

Juolevi - Gudbranson

Sautner - Stecher

Brisebois - Chatfield

Canucks still need a #1-2 D. So, picking between 6-9, is there a #1-2 D in there? Juolevi projects to be a #3-4, from what I've been hearing/reading.

Dobson appears to be the guy with true #1 potential our to his side and offensive ability. Hughes and Boqvist appear to have the potential to be #2's with their offensive potential but lack of defensive abilities and Bouchard as a number 2 as well just because he has a nice well rounded game but no true #1 capabilities. my personal preference goes to Dobson the Hughes, well not taking into account that guy called Dahlin who we have a 7% chance of picking.

I think McEneny is a very good prospect though and is our darkhorse in my eyes for next year. In mind he has second pairing potential.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Juolevi   - _________

________ - Gudbranson

Sautner - Stecher

Brisebois - Chatfield

3-4 don’t play 29

minutes in big games

• Upvote 2

Seems like Juolevi's biggest issue is his need to compete consistently and be a pro. Fortunately those things usually come with age.

Looking forward to seeing him next year on NA ice. I personally doubt he starts with the Canucks but if we trade Edler or Del Zotto at the deadline he will be up here.

Edler-Stetcher

Del Zotto-Guddy

Pouliot-Tanev

McEneny-Biega

Trade Hutton but play Juolevi big minutes in Utica on the smaller ice surface to start. Trade one of or both of Edler and Del Zotto and let the kids grow. I think Pouliot is going to take a big step next year now that he has more confidence and clear future with a team.

35 minutes ago, joe-max said:

5-5 with the goalie pulled. Juolevi might get the secondary assist. Showed good patience there.

Edit: He gets the primary.

34 minutes ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

Olli assists on the game tying goal!

He's a big game player baby!