The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

28 minutes ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

Having a strong game, can't think of a specific instance where he was caught out of position. Making good passes and keeping the play in front of him.

Game still going on?

13 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

3-4 don’t play 29

minutes in big games

He hasn't played an NHL game yet, so we don't know if he'll manage 30 minutes a game. He might? I'm sure he'll be a very reliable Dman, similar to Tanev maybe (without the injuries please). Or at least we can hope. Sautner, McEneny and Brisebois might turn out to be good D. I'm kind of hoping for Boqvist or Hughes. Some offensive flair on the blueline. I thought they'd have more of this from Stecher and Hutton, but 1 goal between them all season. Oh boy.

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

juolevi's season over. team lost in O.T

Sad I feel for him.

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

until he makes it to the Worlds or Utica anyways.

Yeah. 650 hosts believe Alex Auld suggests he would get better ice time in Utica then the world's.  Suppose it depends what's deemed more valuable.

Along Utica run would be very good tho. Pros and cons to both options.

1 minute ago, joe-max said:

Now it's over. TPS lost in OT. Saw it coming. Tappara looked more dangerous and TPS sat back. Juolevi played well, did everything he could.

He was +3 on the game.

That +3 is huge. Sounds like he was involved and a big factor in the comeback to tie it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Sad I feel for him.

Yeah. 650 hosts believe Alex Auld suggests he would get better ice time in Utica then the world's.  Suppose it depends what's deemed more valuable.

Along Utica run would be very good tho. Pros and cons to both options.

If he plays at the worlds he's playing against NHL calibre players though and that could lend itself well to him being more NHL ready and appreciative of how hard his offseason needs to be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

That +3 is huge. Sounds like he was involved and a big factor in the comeback to tie it. 

No doubt. Only on the ice for 1 goal against in a 6-5 game. That's very impressive considering he played 26 minutes. 

I wonder if he was being matched against the top line as well. The Fraser pairing got smoked.

Probably one of the better games of Juolevi I've seen, was all over the ice, strong in all 3 zones. Had 10 shots, logged big minutes, which was something I was dying to see, was excellent on the powerplay like always.

Very encouraging Playoffs for Juolevi, who seems to step it up in big game situations. Still needs to get faster and improve his first 3 steps and that should be the focus over the summer.

With a big summer and solid traning camp, he sould be in the NHL next year growing with the next core.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

If he plays at the worlds he's playing against NHL calibre players though and that could lend itself well to him being more NHL ready and appreciative of how hard his offseason needs to be.

Very good pont. I would love to see Olli vs Bo. Just for using Bo as a benchmark you know. Pettersson vs Bo. Lol

It appears Markstrom may be a consideration for team Sweden at the world championships