The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

27 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Just saw Tchapuke's kick at the back of the leg of Scheffle (sp.) ...it was totally on purpose ...there is no way that is a natural motion...

I am so glad we didn't end up with such a low life puke on our team...he should be turfed from playing for the rest of the year for that one....!!!

Not even remotely intentional.  It's always easy to read motive into super slow mo.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not even remotely intentional.  It's always easy to read motive into super slow mo.

One video I watched on the incident. a guy mentions it looks like MT is trying to slow down with his right foot but his skate bounces off the ice and kicks up. 

Makes sense from the angle they showed it on. But MT is still a dirty player either way.

Just now, Rush17 said:

One video I watched on the incident. a guy mentions it looks like MT is trying to slow down with his right foot but his skate bounces off the ice and kicks up. 

Makes sense from the angle they showed it on. But MT is still a dirty player either way.

no argument here.  To me it just looked like a two guys going into the boards trying to keep their balance at high speed.  I don't think Tkachuk is that subtle either.......if he wanted to make a dirty play, he's shown he'll do it overtly.

• Cheers 3

Low-event/ low danger, mid-level ceiling for a start wouldn't be bad.  Rather a guy like that than a Derrick Pouliot.

Given time I feel like he could easily become another big-minute safe all-around guy, hopefully ultimately in the mold of a (poor man's) Josi/ Chabot or a Heiskanen/ Slavin type smooth operator, to replace Edler's role and complement Hughes (though having a left D-man with some edge would be great given how neither Rathbone or Hughes are the biggest guys nor are any of the 3 the most physical).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GoldenAlien said:

There was a play where he stood up a guy at the opposition blue line. I think that's part of where Green said he played a heavier game than expected. I was glad to see that too and once he gets the timing down, I think he would be knocking some guys on their bums.

• Cheers 4