Sign in to follow this  
b3.

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

7 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Tongue in cheek.

I some times think it's funny how posters get over technical in assessing ( with little in the way of history, knowlege or facts) a player when some times just like any other business it can be a case of favourites

giorgio-ancient-aliens_384bdcae.jpg?itok

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

That is average size for an NHLer.

The average modern NHL player is 6-foot-1 and 199.3 pounds.  

6'1 and 6'3 are not the same.  OJ will play at 215 by the time he is in his prime.

• Hydration 3

Just now, BCNate said:

6'1 and 6'3 are not the same.  OJ will play at 215 by the time he is in his prime.

People keep saying Juolevi is big or he has size.

No he doesn't. He is average.

Will he play at a heavier weight? Maybe...maybe not. He is already 22 years old. He might be at his maximum weight. You don't know. You are just assuming. 

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

Will he play at a heavier weight? Maybe...maybe not. He is already 22 years old. He might be at his maximum weight. You don't know. You are just assuming. 

Oh boo hoo...

The point is that he has the size to handle the rigours of the league. 6'3 and under/over 200. There's nothing to get nitpick-y about here... He "has size", as you like to put it. That's good enough, and beyond that, it doesn't matter as much as you're making it out to be. 

Also, he's only 22, so he's still a few years away from having his "man muscle".

Size aside, THIS is what matters:

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BCNate said:

6'1 is average.  6'3 is bigger.  It's math, not an opinion.   Of nearly 500 D under NHL contract, only 80 are 6'4 or more.  6'3 is big for an NHL defenseman.  

this isn't the first time I've read people saying Juolevi is average size and I even saw a description of his as "small defender".... why is this a thing? 

• Hydration 1

And that includes about 600 goalies that are at least 6'5".................lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this isn't the first time I've read people saying Juolevi is average size and I even saw a description of his as "small defender".... why is this a thing? 

Joulevi is 6'3 200.  Once he gets with NHL trainers and on an NHL diet he will more than liklely play at 215+.  Almost all NHl players put on muscle mass once they become regulars.  He is certainly not small, he will end up very similar to Edler's size.

• Hydration 2

42 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Oh boo hoo...

The point is that he has the size to handle the rigours of the league. 6'3 and under/over 200. There's nothing to get nitpick-y about here... He "has size", as you like to put it. That's good enough, and beyond that, it doesn't matter as much as you're making it out to be. 

Also, he's only 22, so he's still a few years away from having his "man muscle".

Size aside, THIS is what matters:

Unfortunately that clip omits that stretch pass in both of it's replays. We saw a glimpse of it in the exhibition game when he threw a nice breakout stretch pass I believe it was to Roussel racing down the wing. EP is going to enjoy these passes while going full stride.

Well, technically, at 6'-3", he's got 2" over 'average' and at only 22 is bound to put another good 15+/- lbs  of muscle on his frame in to his prime.

But sure, he's not Chara or Byfuglien.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

giorgio-ancient-aliens_384bdcae.jpg?itok

You got me here. I have no idea who this dude is or what he does, I assume he's not a hockey player :lol::lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

Well that's an assinine comment based on very little in the way of facts.

At the very least you guys are entertaining

21 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

So if olli at 6 foot 3 is average what does that make our d men who are around 5 foot 10?

It's not the height, it's the girth....wait, what are we talking about?

2 hours ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

Dmen are trending smaller. Hughes, Fabbro, Girard, Ellis (to name a few) all say hi.

Having Julolevi at his size with his skating ability should be a nice add to our d corp down the road.

Olli and Rathbone, Rathbone and Olli,Olli, Rathbone, Olli.

We can have both. They both offer completely different skillsets. Olli has slick passing and is willing to pay the price infront of the net led Utica in blocked shots. Rathbone has speed too burn in the "new" NHL. We will see how effective he is in the NHL with it. 

I think the Canucks should lean towards a more active uptempo D and see if we cant unleash this teams offence. Lord knows we don't have the tools to play the trap shutdown hockey.  But we may be able to dominate at run and gun.

• Hydration 2

lol   Wow. 

I really triggered a bunch of posters correctly pointing out Juolevi is just average NHL size.

What exactly triggered the outrage?

8 hours ago, CanuckCup2022 said:

So Juolevi is 6'3, 205lbs, 22 yrs old should turn into a #3 D man - His development has been slow due to injuries..

Juolevi has size 6'3 is tall but his frame is lean at 205lbs..

Jake 6'1 but he has bigger thicker body 220lbs

But Juoelvi has size as in height 6'3 is tall..

7 hours ago, flat land fish said:

So if olli at 6 foot 3 is average what does that make our d men who are around 5 foot 10?

Yes 6'3 is tall

7 hours ago, Fred65 said:

You got me here. I have no idea who this dude is or what he does, I assume he's not a hockey player :lol::lol:

Giorgio Tsoukalos - Host of Ancient Aliens the tv show lol.