The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

17 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Two weeks to go to the 25th....you better tell Green to get him that ticket to New York State as currently I think he has other plans for a now healthy OJ.     Perhaps Green is blinded by his "rage tears" however.   :)

Least I have the nuts to make that statement, 4 surgeries? Hopefully a regular now? I hope he plays amazing. Might want to give him a dozen games before gloating however.

I'd go snipe some year old comments if I cared as much as you. Guess your still working through your rage tears that I cheered for Russia because his captain is our best prospect outside the NHL... Even before team Canada dropped an egg in the gold medal. 

Notice I didn't see you the entire 3rd period after spouting off to me about getting quiet in the Russia game. Tough when the skates on the other foot, isn't it comrade? 

Edited by Davathor
Rage tears typo

8 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Least I have the nuts to make that statement, 4 surgeries? Hopefully a regular now? I hope he plays amazing. Might want to give him a dozen games before gloating however.

I'd go snipe some year old comments if I cared as much as you. Guess your still working through your rage tears that I cheered for Russia because his captain is our best prospect outside the NHL... Even before team Canada dropped an egg in the gold medal. 

Notice I didn't see you the entire 3rd period after spouting off to me about getting quiet in the Russia game. Tough when the skates on the other foot, isn't it comrade? 

Who cares? Why can't we just enjoy what we are seeing for now? Whether he makes the team out of the gate or not doesn't really matter if he's at least showing flashes of what he could become.

Instead, we have a conversations with a bunch of adults pretending they're in kindergarten class. Do you want to share your boogers too?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

Who cares? Why can't we just enjoy what we are seeing for now? Whether he makes the team out of the gate or not doesn't really matter if he's at least showing flashes of what he could become.

Instead, we have a conversations with a bunch of adults pretending they're in kindergarten class. Do you want to share your boogers too?

I didn't bump a year old comment on someone's opinion to gloat, so your damn right I'll respond. How about you mind yourself instead. I'll keep the boogers to myself, unless your still hungry? 

2 hours ago, Davathor said:

No one is gloating.    Have been high on this kid a long time before Canucks drafted him and still am very high on him.   Injuries are part of professional sport.    

Go and do as you please with anything including my old posts.    

I have no idea what you are whining about with regard to Russia game.   My timezone doesn't always mesh with where you likely are so ever think I simply logged off?   I still have not a clue what thread or item you mention but if we crossed paths on another thread and you were an equally obtuse wambulence type, I probably engaged.    

Cheers   :)

So if Juolevi makes the top 6, who do ya'll think Green will pair him with? My hope is Hamonic and have the D as follows:

Hughes Scmidt

Edler    Myers

Juolevi  Hamonic

I think each of those pairs in theory would compliment the other's game, plus Hughes and Scmidt would be fun to watch.

10 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

So if Juolevi makes the top 6, who do ya'll think Green will pair him with? My hope is Hamonic and have the D as follows:

Hughes Scmidt

Edler    Myers

Juolevi  Hamonic

I think each of those pairs in theory would compliment the other's game, plus Hughes and Scmidt would be fun to watch.

My thinking is Hamonic slots in with Huggy and Juolevi with Myers. Regardless I love the depth on D this year much more promise especially come playoff time, but first let’s get game 1 of regular season in the books.::D :towel:

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Has a Canucks prospect ever had 731 pages of discussion before his first regular season game?

A cursory look suggests no. Pettersson hit 731 pages about a month and a half into his NHL career though. Virtanen hit it after one season.

5 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

A cursory look suggests no. Pettersson hit 731 pages about a month and a half into his NHL career though. Virtanen hit it after one season.

Don't pages discussion the weights of Jake and EP40 exceed 731 pages each?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Davathor said:

I didn't bump a year old comment on someone's opinion to gloat, so your damn right I'll respond. How about you mind yourself instead. I'll keep the boogers to myself, unless your still hungry? 

Wow you're really easily offended. I'll mind whatever I want thank you very much. If you don't like it, put me on ignore if you're that sensitive. lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KirkSave said:

Hughes Scmidt

Edler    Myers

Juolevi  Hamonic

D pairings seem to be set for opening night already as:

Hughes - Hamonic

Edler - Schmidt

Juolevi - Myers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

that would make sense too, at times maybe he can get cycled with Hamonic.  It's good to pair these guys with a Veteran. 

I agree will be good to have Hamonic play with Hughes as he is a solid veteran and plays more like Tanev..Hamonic plays with an edge 6'2, 210 lbs will help protect Hughes and will be that reliable stay at home D man and  PK... 

I like Hamonic more then Tanev..So stoked we have Hamonic in Vancouver and a much better salary then Tanev...

Hamonic was second with ice time last year in Calgary think he avg over 21 mins a game....

Myers and Hamonic will rotate with Hughes and Juolevi...Great for Juolevi to have 2 very good D partners to play beside..

Edited by wildcam

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

I agree will be good to have Hamonic play with Hughes as he is a solid veteran and plays more like Tanev..Hamonic plays with an edge 6'2, 210 lbs will help protect Hughes and will be that reliable stay at home D man and  PK... 

I like Hamonic more then Tanev..So stoked we have Hamonic in Vancouver and a much better salary then Tanev...

Hamonic was second with ice time last year in Calgary think he avg over 21 mins a game....

Myers and Hamonic will rotate with Hughes and Juolevi...Great for Juolevi to have 2 very good D partners to play beside..

Technically we haven't signed Hamonic yet so we don't know what the cap hit will be... but it's pretty obvious both the term and cap hit will be significantly lower than what Tanev got. I agree with everything you're saying here. This is the best mix of D-men we've had in a decade and to have so many solid pairing options is gonna be huge for this team taking the next step. Just adding Hughes last year made an enormous difference, and now we'll have a player with that breakout ability on the ice for most of the game between him, Schmidt & Juolevi, whether it's via skating or excellent passing.