The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

15 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Not sure that Sami is a doctor but apparently OJ has the flu so perhaps he just isn't well enough to play.

3 hours ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Can you give me a direct link to where you read that? Would like to read the whole thing.

I just checked the Liiga page, TPS home page and Jatkoaika.com page and I couldn't find anything about the flu. Would have been so much easier if Rob_Zepp just posted the link to the article.

If he indeed does have flu, then nobody wrote about it before the game.

Quick word on Heiskanen and Juolevi. Heiskanen is playing 2nd year in Liiga, where Olli is playing his first. It's a big difference, where first year your comfort level istn't that high.

Juolevi is making strides and he'll be a big part of Canucks for years to come.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jasin23 said:

I just checked the Liiga page, TPS home page and Jatkoaika.com page and I couldn't find anything about the flu. Would have been so much easier if Rob_Zepp just posted the link to the article.

If he indeed does have flu, then nobody wrote about it before the game.

Quick word on Heiskanen and Juolevi. Heiskanen is playing 2nd year in Liiga, where Olli is playing his first. It's a big difference, where first year your comfort level istn't that high.

Juolevi is making strides and he'll be a big part of Canucks for years to come.

No doubt if that Rob_Zepp just posted a source it would have saved a lot of time, but it's clear he is just making that flu thing up.

Hopefully, Juolevi is playing tomorrow would be great if he ended off the year on a strong note.

Edited by R.Dahlin26

2 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

As was already said, people bring up Bo and Brock because before they were in the NHL, some people kept saying they were the wrong picks and we should have picked other prospects instead. So no, that isn't actually a good comparison to this at all. Not to mention, Juolevi has been having a great year himself, so it's odd that some of you on here don't want to acknowledge that.

Reading comprehension is an asset. That’s not what the convo was even about. 

Juo is a good prospect but I don’t understand why posters are so defensive about @R.Dahlin26 stating that Miro is a better prospect thus far. It just exemplifies this board’s insecurity (which is understandable given the Jake pick). 

Even if we forget the Brock and Bo comparisons, you still have the Lind vs Glass one in the other thread. The epitome of a premature discussion. Pot meet kettle.

Edited by guntrix
  • Upvote 2

Olli is out of the line-up in today's game against Ilves.  I'll stand by my original info, that he is healthy scratch.

TPS homepage doesn't really give much information on line-ups. Divided into three categories, in the line-up, injury, scratched. Olli is in the scratched category.

If I find something more, I'll let you know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

What concerns me most about Heiskanen though is his absolute unwillingness to battle hard along the boards.  With Juolevi we've seen him dig, fight and be that cerebral guy waiting for the puck.  Miro seems far less willing than Olli to push in 

That is why Heiskanen was benched in the third period of two WJC games and OJ led the team in ice time.

EP was sick with flu during WJC and Gadjo came back with the flu.   Wonder if all Canuck prospects got together and shared the same straw :lol:

7 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I just read 3 pages on if Juolevi was sick or not and if he is better or worse than Heiskanen. Such a waste of time. 

Actually quite entertaining at same time as these sorts of discussions always bring out the same characters on the "he isn't as good as X" or "he is failing" or similar.   I am not exactly sure what events in some people's lives led them to want everything the exact way they want it and instantaneously but it sure comes through as clear as Kassian's head when they get onto a thread like this and smell a chance to dig in.    :lol:

5 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

So no source?  You made it up?  That's kind of strange

Yup, made it up about EP (that was claim in WJC when I posted it).  Apparently someone made it up about Gadjo too.   

You part of the Russia probe?   Better get FBI in on this.

42 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That is why Heiskanen was benched in the third period of two WJC games and OJ led the team in ice time

Heiskanen wasn’t bench he was injuried. That same injury kept him out of reg season play for the last month. He just played his first game since the injury, on Friday. 

Unlike you, I’ll actually provide a source to back up my point. 

2017 3rd overall pick Miro Heiskanen did not play last week as he was recovering from an injury. Stepneski also reported that Heiskanen was playing through that injury at the World Juniors, which makes the fact that he led his team in ice time at the tournament all the more impressive.

https://www.defendingbigd.com/2018/1/16/16894064/dallas-stars-prospect-update-jakob-stenqvist-picking-up-the-pace-in-sweden-tufte-davis-heiskanen

He also leads his league in ice time averaging 25 minutes a game. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Heiskanen wasn’t bench he was injuried. That same injury kept him out of reg season play for the last month. He just played his first game since the injury, on Friday. 

Unlike you, I’ll actually provide a source to back up my point. 

https://www.defendingbigd.com/2018/1/16/16894064/dallas-stars-prospect-update-jakob-stenqvist-picking-up-the-pace-in-sweden-tufte-davis-heiskanen

He also leads his league in ice time averaging 25 minutes a game. 

Unlike me (and OJ), you and Heiskanen are truly remarkable.   Clearly Canucks messed up (again) in not having this as their prospect and clearly should have drafted him a year early than OJ as the Dallas draft pick can play injured and OJ gets sniffles and is out of the lineup.    Unlike me, you can point out these screwups and do not see the value in simply concentrating on the players in the Canuck stable and discuss those verse constantly making comparisons to what are clearly much better players.

Truly remarkable!   :o

image.png

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That is why Heiskanen was benched in the third period of two WJC games and OJ led the team in ice time.

EP was sick with flu during WJC and Gadjo came back with the flu.   Wonder if all Canuck prospects got together and shared the same straw :lol:

Gross..

Three players ... 

One Cup. 

Edited by Eastcoast meets Westcoast

Why is it always the same people comparing prospect A to prospect B. Why is Heiskenen even in this discussion? Hes not our prospect and that's the end of the story. Who cares if its a healthy scratch or hes sick does ot matter? His body of work throughout the season has been great and his future looks promising. How good? We wont know until he gets here. He was the best D for Finland at the world juniors but that's a short tournament and also is putting up amazing numbers for his age in Liga play. Oh but Heiskenen plays more minutes though.  Wah wah who cares again its a moot point because again, not our prospect. We do point counterpoint on them all day. Heiskenen  plays on a lesser team and hence more minutes or Juolevi has more points per 60 min played. Heiskenen is flashier but Juolevi steady game will translate to the NHL easier. Does any of it matter? No. All I care about is he is doing well and progressing better than I hoped this year. 

3 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

if someone is making up quotes about a player being sick, what else are they making up?? (maybe im dumb here? was it supposed to be obvious that he wasnt sick and it was being made up?)

They can't handle their prize prospect being a healthy scratch so they need to make up some sort of excuse to make themselves feel better.

• Upvote 3