The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

30 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

He's officially a Canuck now.

Also, the typical recovery time for a microdiscectomy would appear to be about 6 weeks: https://www.healthline.com/health/microdiscectomy#talk-to-your-doctor

Im sure the recovery time varies for each player.  But still missing 6 weeks is a lot of training time missed.  Edler had the same surgery and was out for two and half months.  I assume he is likely to miss prospects camp...first no EP now OJ...freaking injuries never stop relenting on this team.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

32 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This takes the pressure off of Juolevi to have to crack the Canucks roster. Thank god. Starting in Utica will not be bad for Juolevi.

Happy he's getting surgery. I wonder if this was an injury that was nagging him last season? Could explain why he hasn't been able to take his game to the next level?

9 minutes ago, Quantum said:

This takes the pressure off of Juolevi to have to crack the Canucks roster. Thank god. Starting in Utica will not be bad for Juolevi.

Happy he's getting surgery. I wonder if this was an injury that was nagging him last season? Could explain why he hasn't been able to take his game to the next level?

Happy? This is a big big setback. Back injuries are brutal especially for dmen. I was high on oj but I’m starting to temper my expectations a Bit 

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Happy? This is a big big setback. Back injuries are brutal especially for dmen. I was high on oj but I’m starting to temper my expectations a Bit 

Yeah, Edler hasn't been the same after his back injury. This practically forces Benning to take a D now with the 7th. 

50 minutes ago, Quantum said:

He literally took his game to the next level last season :lol:

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Utica makes by far the most sense now.  He reminds me a lot of Luc Bourdon (RIP), who had a similar skillset and needed more time in the minors, but was finally starting to show why we drafted him so high when tragedy struck.

9 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Welp, he's screwed. Same surgery Edler had, and he was never the same afterwards.

and as everyone knows, every injury, treatment, and prognosis are exactly the same. 

• Cheers 2