The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Just now, Darius said:

Maybe i was jumping the gun a bit Alf.  I agree that the kid can turn out to be an excellent top 4. Im assuming a loss here in the sense that Tkachuk is on pace for like 80+ points this year.Right now it looks like its a loss at the draft slot machine that day.  There is a lot of uncertainty even when you pick at #5, 

But we shouldn’t be labelled as haters and trolls for saying that. Not today. Not then. Not later.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Movin

Who the &^@# you got at the 2017 pick ? 

In 2014 I had Nylander. Jake was my # 2 guy. 

2015 was hoping chabot or EK would fall. Can admit I didn’t have Brock on my radar, wasn’t paying too close to the draft that year. 

2016 I had sergachev but had OJ as second ahead of MT

2017 I wanted vilardi. Then EP then Middlestadt. Didn’t want makar. I also really wanted chmelevki who fell to the 6th round and right now is looking like a steal. 

2018 I wanted Hughes. 

2019. Still compiling my list. Hard to know where we are going to pick though. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

People really need to get over not picking MT, its getting annoying. At the same time, we can appreciate our pick without putting the other down.

MT is outperforming what I thought he would be, so good for him.

I also believe Juolevi will be a solid top pairing minute muncher for us in the form of a Lindholm/Edler and he will be a crucial component to completing our team.

Hopefully he rebounds well after the injury and makes the team out of camp.

Lets go Juju :towel:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sometimes I forget the Canucks even have this guy in their prospect pool. Pretty sad considering when he was picked. Training with Salo last off season, I guess he learned how to get injured. Hopefully injuries don't follow him throughout his career and he ends up making the NHL one day and becoming a solid Dman. I dropped him 4 spots in my Top Canucks Prospects list.

Hughes

Demko

Gaudette

Dahlen

DiPietro

Woo

Juolevi

Gadjovich

Lind

Rathbone

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Sometimes I forget the Canucks even have this guy in their prospect pool. Pretty sad considering when he was picked. Training with Salo last off season, I guess he learned how to get injured. Hopefully injuries don't follow him throughout his career and he ends up making the NHL one day and becoming a solid Dman. I dropped him 4 spots in my Top Canucks Prospects list.

Hughes

Demko

Gaudette

Dahlen

DiPietro

Woo

Juolevi

Gadjovich

Lind

Rathbone

I agree with most of your list other than I would have included McEwen in the middle somewhere. Much further along as a prospect than Gadj. or Lind.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hughes

Demko

Gaudette

Dahlen

DiPietro

Woo

Juolevi

Gadjovich

Lind

Rathbone

Nice list. Rathbone is higher for me. 

32 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hughes

Demko

Gaudette

Dahlen

DiPietro

Woo

Juolevi

Gadjovich

Lind

Rathbone

The fact we can argue about where some of these prospects should in a top10 list shows the quality of our prospect pool. Juolevi's injury history is very unfortunate, but I still think he has a chance to fight for a spot next year and potentially take it away from Hughes. We have a solid top 15 prospects.

1. Demko

2. Hughes

3. Gaudette

4. Woo

5. Dahlen

6. Juolevi

7. DiPietro

8. MacEwen

9. Lind

10. Madden

11. Rathbone

12. Gadjovich

13. Jasek

14. Lockwood

15. Brisebois

Sooo many of the posts in this thread will age poorly.   OJ remains a stud prospect who will have a long and distinguished NHL career.   So many seemingly have never watched the guy play or base it one a game or three seen through some feed.   The guy was a beast last year in Finland and had found his professional scoring touch in the AHL and the injury happened at a crap time just as the Comets were rounding into form with some other injuries being sorted out and some lineup fixes but some of these posts make him sound like a 30 year old reclamation project.   Just like people who capped Horvat as a 2/3 center or discuss Boeser/EP40 in the context of their games today versus the players they will be in two or three more years (after more mental and physical growth).   

PATIENCE people.   Every prospect has their own development pace and sure some surprise and some disappoint but this crazed enthusiasm to draw conclusions, particularly negative ones, on kids before the are even legally able to drink on US road trips is premature beyond logic.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Does hindsight include the routine of getting gang banged in this thread by the superior-fans in here concerning the pick, since day one of this thread, for expressing an unpopular, but qualified opinion of the pick? 

You do know what hindsight means, right? What a waste of time, agreed.

Should have just picked MT and had a star, not a prospect, which I’m sure you’ll see expressed by myself and others in the first 400 pages of this support-group-hug of a thread thread on defending the pick, which has provided the most waste of time posts, ever, in hindsight, as I’ve heard said elsewhere. 

The ‘what ifs’ game here is a staple pastime for those who seek excuses. I’m not interested. 

As far as bright horizons go, no, it’s still not so bright on D, but picking OJ over MT hasn’t made it any brighter as of today. The bitching about the D is for others, I wanted the projected clutch power forwards over a #2-4, reliable, but unphysical, Dman. Of all the Dmen available at the top, I’d not have rushed to select OJ, but whatever, that’s all in the back pages here, as are the plethora of insults hurried my way for such a view. 

The TSN list isn’t a crystal ball, but it is telling, which is a side point in my revisiting this support group’s covered shelter from its past $&!#ting on the opinions of others who at ince disagreed with the pick. 

Does hindsight with a lust for MT mean you consistently have to arrive in a room use juvenile language to essentially stroke yourself and your ego in front of everyone while skirting around the ever smarmy "told you so"

Calm yourself down son.  At this point MT looks like the better player so what.  

He's a Flame and will be costing the Flames some serious cash.  OJ is ours and he's still an unknown.  But that unknown is still wearing our colours and sitting in rehab right now

Meanwhile your smug self congratulatory BS is at the expense of one of OUR prospects who is sitting in rehab.  Good for you.  You get to say I told you so on a message board.  Go get a cookie, exit stage left and pick up your award on the way out  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

But we shouldn’t be labelled as haters and trolls for saying that. Not today. Not then. Not later.

Actually yes, now you're earning the moniker.  Constantly coming back to rub the entire fan bases nose in it looking for praise cause you had a preference and one of ours is sitting in rehab.

You're literally just trolling people now looking for attention.

So yes, if the shoe fits feel free to lace it up

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

So, based upon who I wanted and who Canucks got, seems good that Canucks have Jim Benning rather than me for GM.

@Rob_Zepp

Not bad. While JB hasn’t been 100% on picking the “best” player to come out of each first round pick. Where he has separated himself is the Brock and EP picks. Those were homeruns that change the outlook of a team. They also weren’t lock picks that everyone was expecting us to take, he had to go somewhat off the board and trust his scouting staff and in these cases they’ve turned out to be massive wins. This team would look a lot less promising had we taken konecny/carlsson in 2015 and vilardi/glass (despite those still being solid prospects)

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I like OJ. I just wanted BT then. After years of being called a bad-fan hater in here, I’m here to ring the bell and see who shows up

Who the hell is BT and why did you want him before Olli Juolevi in the 2016 draft?  

DING DING DING

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Who the hell is BT and why did you want him before Olli Juolevi in the 2016 draft?  

Clearly the poster means MT.  A lot of us here wanted MT, and were dissatisfied when we let him go by.  I still like OJ though, and think he’s going to be a key to our next young core.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Hughes

Demko

Gaudette

Dahlen

DiPietro

Woo

Juolevi

Gadjovich

Lind

Rathbone

Did you forget about Madden or no?

4 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

All 189lb enforcer and the 5th line do in these threads is act stupid then whine like losers when they are rightfully called out on it. They love trashing our prospects, but think they are "telling it like it is." If you don't like being called trolls, don't act like trolls. But please, keep crying about it like you two always do.

I don't know if you seen my question earlier... any idea why the TSN top prospect list no longer has Juolevi in the top 50? I seen a number of guys that were in last years list and still on this years or moved positions either way... but Olli is gone now! Why... is it his play this year or what? 

• Cheers 1