Canucks Community

17 minutes ago, nzan said:

Not sure you actually know the definitions of any of the big words you used, this wasn’t gossip, a rumour, unsubstantiated or unconfirmed.

I said a thing I heard - it happened to be said by a good hockey mind who was having a discussion with a true hockey mind. If you don’t want to hear it, fine. Turn your ears elsewhere buddy.

Yeah, Hunter is a true hockey mind for sure.  My buddy, who is a good hockey mind, says your buddy is full of $&!#e.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, nzan said:

A buddy texted me yesterday saying he was chatting with Dale Hunter at a big ohl prospect showcase - so I asked him to get Hunter’s take on Juolevi.

He said he’ll be an NHL player but maybe only ever be a 5/6.

That was disappointing to say the least. I still believe he’ll easy become at least a 3/4, cause I obviously know more than Hunter.

Good to hear Dale Hunter is the definitive word on a player's potential.   Guess Dale spent most of last year in Finland watching OJ and this year in Utica.   Cool stuff.

8 hours ago, nzan said:

A buddy texted me yesterday saying he was chatting with Dale Hunter at a big ohl prospect showcase - so I asked him to get Hunter’s take on Juolevi.

He said he’ll be an NHL player but maybe only ever be a 5/6.

That was disappointing to say the least. I still believe he’ll easy become at least a 3/4, cause I obviously know more than Hunter.

Sami Salo stated publicly that Olli will be #2 or #3. We will see who is right.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Because the first scenario is the worst form of baiting.   It isn't remotely the case so why even bother with it?   I know why you did, you know why you did - but it isn't fair to the kid when people even speculate on such crap even when they then backpeddle.   Might as well claim he is addicted to video games while you are at it.

speaking of the hfboards canucks board, your post is a very hfboards like except it is the flip side of the coin where now i am being attacked for daring to mention negativity instead of getting attacked over there for being optimistic about the same player.  i've been called a benning lover and a juolevi lover enough over there to be pretty comfortable that i am not unduly negative about this player.

and, for that matter, where exactly am i backpedalling?  i stand by what i said.  that is a legit possible take on this player and "you and i both know it" to use your weird logic.  do you want me to list all the negatives on this guy?  i choose not to dwell on them, but neither of us can pretend they do not exist. 

me choosing to be optimistic doesn't mean i can't acknowledge negative possibilities, and it sure as hell doesn't mean i have to get lectured by some guy cherry picking quotes.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Good to hear Dale Hunter is the definitive word on a player's potential.   Guess Dale spent most of last year in Finland watching OJ and this year in Utica.   Cool stuff.

Nope, not the definitive word. I much prefer the more optimistic Salo outlook posted above, but I guess Juolevi will be the definitive word.

I still thought something I’d heard from a legitimate perspective would be welcome even if it wasn’t what I or anyone else wanted to hear.

3 hours ago, khay said:

Sami Salo stated publicly that Olli will be #2 or #3. We will see who is right.

I would be shocked if Dale Hunter said that to some random guy about a player he won a memorial cup with.  This sounds like complete BS.  I'll go with real quotes from real people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

3 hours ago, krutovsdonut said:

speaking of the hfboards canucks board, your post is a very hfboards like except it is the flip side of the coin where now i am being attacked for daring to mention negativity instead of getting attacked over there for being optimistic about the same player.  i've been called a benning lover and a juolevi lover enough over there to be pretty comfortable that i am not unduly negative about this player.

and, for that matter, where exactly am i backpedalling?  i stand by what i said.  that is a legit possible take on this player and "you and i both know it" to use your weird logic.  do you want me to list all the negatives on this guy?  i choose not to dwell on them, but neither of us can pretend they do not exist. 

me choosing to be optimistic doesn't mean i can't acknowledge negative possibilities, and it sure as hell doesn't mean i have to get lectured by some guy cherry picking quotes.

I try to pretend there are not posters/people who like to fabricate negativity but neither of us can pretend they do not exist.    :)

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Dixon Ward said:

I would be shocked if Dale Hunter said that to some random guy about a player he won a memorial cup with.  This sounds like complete BS.  I'll go with real quotes from real people.

Best post of the thread recently! 

• Like 2

I'm sure it has already been mentioned at some point in the 511 pages of debate but remember Ohlund was a guy we took in the early first round that took 4 years to make his way to the Canucks. I can only imagine what that would have looked like had message boards been around in the 90s. For those who might not remember Ohlund ended up playing over 10 years for us and was consistently one of our best defenceman for large chunks of that stretch. 

Pretty sure at some point I've gone on record to say I think OJ will be fine. Maybe he won't be a Norris winner but if he turns into a rocksteady guy we can have on the back end when we are ready to compete for the cup again I'm more than happy regardless of how those picked after him turn out 

• Hydration 1