The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

+/- 2 months in Utica playing big minutes in all situations to get his legs under him and then welcome to Vancouver Olli :) 

Best news we could hope for. Lots pf competition again this year. It would be nice to see some more young guys push for spots. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

+/- 2 months in Utica playing big minutes in all situations to get his legs under him and then welcome to Vancouver Olli :) 

55 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Olli will make the team out of camp.

It is time.

Somewhere between these 2 pundits....lies the reality of Oli's situation....

As I said before he will be playing top 4 by Xmas...

Hughes / Myers

Juolevi / Stecher

Edler / Benn or Tanev for the shutdown pair

• Like 1

On July 5, 2019 at 6:17 PM, WeneedLumme said:

What utter crap. And what exactly do you think the people harping on the pick do? They talk about how crappy and worthless OJ is and always will be, how he is a complete bust, etc., etc. Do you perhaps not understand what a whipping boy is?

Juolevi 21,6'3 will be a top 2-3 D man very very soon..If not for knee injury last year he would of played in Vancouver for last 40 games..

In 18GP in Utica 13 points and over 20 mins of ice time...Just bad luck with injuries hope he has a healthy season 2019-20...

The young man is a great skater and good vision and will be in top 4 D in Vancouver very soon..Might be biggest surprise for this season..

Hope we don't trade Juolevi before he shows Vancouver fans he was the right pick at #5....

Exciting times and lets be patient we have some great block in place under 24.

Pettersson- Boser - Horvat - Hughes - Demko - Podkolzin------ Close to core Virtanen, Juolevi,

Good support players, J.T Miller 26, Leivo,26, Stetcher 24, Pearson 26----- Older player Myers, Edler, Markstrom very good vets..

Very excited about this season, break out seasons, Hughes, Lievo, Virtanen, Juolevi and Demko will give fans lots to get excited about..

Exciting season...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Hughes / Myers

Juolevi / Stecher

Just wrote Juolevi would of played 40 games for Vancouver last year..Last season knee caused him a breakout year..

Juolevi, 21, 6'3 will show he was a good pick at #5-- Future top 3 D man---- Utica 18GP -- Pts 13 -- over 20 mins ice time...Then knee injury

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, smokes said:

How is Myers a first line D while Edler gets dropped to third? And how is a rookie who hasn't played in a year going to beat out a 6 million dollar defenceman? I know Edler gets underestimated in this forum but this is ridiculous.  

Buddy...those are pairings...if we play an uber offensive team...then Edler and Tanev play the most minutes...otherwise Hughes and Myers will...

Just Watch....!

• Haha 1

I am really looking forward to seeing this kid healthy, bigger, more experienced in camp. I do think he'll be sent down to get his legs under him but expect him to be the first call and likely with the big club by mid season. I hope he shows well in camp, and pushes the team to think hard about sending him down. Always loved this pick and I think this is they year he shows the bashers, and diaper wearing fans who think a player must break in at 18, how good he is and how valuable a pick he was (especially given the state of our defensive pipeline).

December

Edler Tanev

Hughes Meyers

Juolevi Stecher

Benn

Trade Deadline

Edler Stecher

Hughes Myers

Juolevi Tryamkin

Benn

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Buddy...those are pairings...if we play an uber offensive team...then Edler and Tanev play the most minutes...otherwise Hughes and Myers will...

Just Watch....!

Don't see why they would pair Stecher and Juolevi together.

• Like 1

We don't even know if Olli will make the team this year, although I'm sure the Canucks will do everything they can to make it happen.

Two rookie dmen in one season will be an adventure; especially in the top 4.

At the moment, my preference is   Edler    Meyers

Hughes   Tanev

Benn    Stecher

Biega

Of course, we all know that injuries will happen, so there will be plenty of call ups from Utica.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

We don't even know if Olli will make the team this year, although I'm sure the Canucks will do everything they can to make it happen.

Hughes   Tanev

Benn    Stecher

Biega

Of course, we all know that injuries will happen, so there will be plenty of call ups from Utica.

Idk if you can go on more of adventure than poo last season

14 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Idk if you can go on more of adventure than poo last season

This is true. The splashes and swirls down a makeshift hole in toilet and down the pipes is definitely a story especially if you clog the toilet. You'd probably have to start a thread on cdc about how you did it at your girlfriend's place and need help to unclog it.

• Cheers 1

I have a strong feeling the succession plan is to have Juolevi take over for when Tanev is traded and that will be done before December, whether that is during the summer or during that portion of the season.

I say this because I think the Benn signing had a lot to do with this, where Benn will take over Tanev's spot on the right side and Juolevi will be given time to grow into the NHL game on the bottom pair.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Hughes / Myers

Juolevi / Stecher

Yea well....you said Hutton would be also!  :bigblush:

Plus that is just a weird line up. No offence. Edler is not getting 3rd pairing minutes. Myers will probably play with Edler as he needs a steady strong D good at actual defense.

Edler  Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stecher

Edit:

If OJ actually shows he can play 3rd pairing minutes by Xmas then maybe:

Edler Myers

Hughes Benn

OJ Stecher

...trade Tanev if he isn't dead...lol.   Could also keep Tanev:

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

OJ Benn

Stecher

Edited by Kanukfanatic

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Hughes   Tanev

Benn    Stecher

Biega

Excellent post.  It is like some posters have not read the scouting reports about Myers needing a solid defensive D man to play with. You don't put him with Hughes if that is the case. Your line up is much more realistic than that other one imo.

28 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Excellent post.  It is like some posters have not read the scouting reports about Myers needing a solid defensive D man to play with. You don't put him with Hughes if that is the case. Your line up is much more realistic than that other one imo.

I’ve read many scouting reports on him and only a couple of them stay he horrible defensively. Other do say he gets beat do to his lankyness but he is not a detriment to the team... People need to stop acting like he doesn’t know how to play in his own end

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1