The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, according to his agent, Juolevi has been skating and training with NHL players in Finland. He’s expected in Vancouver shortly.

That's good.  We've been patient with him so far, no need to rush that at all

26 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

The latest on Juolevi:

So very frustrating:mad:... Can imagine how hard it is for OJ and management.  My already low expections for him making and sticking with the Canucks at some point this season has dropped to pretty well non-existent.  Many other players to look forward to watching this year but, in my eyes, O.J. was and can still be (based on skill set) a very integral part of this young team for years to come.... But come on already!!!  

Okay, venting over... Oh Lord... First world problems lol!

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

So very frustrating:mad:... Can imagine how hard it is for OJ and management.  My already low expections for him making and sticking with the Canucks at some point this season has dropped to pretty well non-existent.  Many other players to look forward to watching this year but, in my eyes, O.J. was and can still be (based on skill set) a very integral part of this young team for years to come.... But come on already!!!  

Okay, venting over... Oh Lord... First world problems lol!

Perhaps you missed this:

"There haven’t been any setbacks. He met with the surgeon last week and got a good report."

^^^That's good news.

A few of us have been noting he should be in Utica to get back up to speed for a good couple months, for a while now.

Benning said he'd start there in a recent interview.

This really shouldn't be a surprise 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Perhaps you missed this:

"There haven’t been any setbacks. He met with the surgeon last week and got a good report."

^^^That's good news.

A few of us have been noting he should be in Utica to get back up to speed for a good couple months, for a while now.

Benning said he'd start there in a recent interview.

This really shouldn't be a surprise 

If you haven't already noticed... Maybe you missed it... I miss a lot if things lol! 

Just had ideas that he'd be ready to go full by training camp... Don't ask me why I thought that, beyond that there hasn't been a lot of news (outside of pro and con opinions) on O.J. until recently.  And I was having... 'A moment'.:frantic:

I'm glad your optimistic... I'll just wait with no expectations.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

“He just got the OK last week from the doctors and is still doing the rehab,” said Canucks general manager Jim Benning. “They’re just going to make sure they bring him along slowly. They’re not going to throw him into the fire and just see where he’s at day to day.

" Vancouver Canucks learned Tuesday that the fifth-overall pick in the 2016 draft won’t be up to speed. "

“There haven’t been any setbacks. He met with the surgeon last week and got a good report. It’s just part of the surgery and we’re just working through it right now to figure out what (camp) group he’s going to be in. There’s a good chance he’s going to be rehabbing and not in one of the main groups at the start.

...... the set back is that he wont be up to speed and is listed as day to day actually thus they don't even know which group to put him in once training camp starts.  The setback right now is that he is not 100% for training camp as he was suppose to be according to JB and his agent.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

...... the set back is that he wont be up to speed and is listed as day to day actually thus they don't even know which group to put him in once training camp starts.  The setback right now is that he is not 100% for training camp as he was suppose to be according to JB and his agent.

Thank you... 

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Training camp hasn't started yet. He's only not being thrown into the fire for prospects camp as suggested. Again, this is to curb the expectations that he's suppose to be some dominant force amongst the prospects. I bet Hughes won't be going full out during the prospect camp either as he's got nothing to prove there.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Not surprising at all and actually a good sign. Skating on your own can not simulate the (shear) forces, the intensity and the unpredictability of team practice let alone games. People who believed OJ would be up with the big club right after his long absence were deceiving themselves. It is good to see that management doesn't feel pressurized to bring him up quickly, but give him time to regain form, speed and (most important of all) trust in his body. It's a good thing to have some D-depth.