The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

How has he played this far? Utica has outscored opponents 24-10. Rafferty has 3 points +8, Teves is +9. Seeing Juolevi at 1 point -3 is a bit concerning. He is the only dman who is a minus as well. +/- is often a useless stat but I would have hoped he would be a part of their early success 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

How has he played this far? Utica has outscored opponents 24-10. Rafferty has 3 points +8, Teves is +9. Seeing Juolevi at 1 point -3 is a bit concerning. He is the only dman who is a minus as well. +/- is often a useless stat but I would have hoped he would be a part of their early success 

OJ is a lot younger than those guys, plus he’s coming off injury.  Add to that he’s still physically maturing.  He has a higher ceiling than any of the guys you mentioned, and it’s not even close.  Best to wait until OJ is fully recovered and fully mature.  

11 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I wanted OJ particularly because JB wanted him so bad. He compared OJ to Lidstrom leading up to the draft. Imo Lidstrom was the best Dman after Bobby Orr to have played in the NHL.

I really feel like we have a player. Top 4D for sure. Perhaps he can develop into a top pair Dman when he's 25 years old.

He's growing. Still lots of time to develop 

But ya Tkachuk. Would have been sweet if we drafted him. True star in the league. Not easy to be able to have players like Tkachuks on your team.

I remember when their father was drafted. Now both sons just as good players. Great bloodlines.

They are quite stout. Dad looks like a penguin now. I wanted Sergy but would have been happy with OJ or Chucky.

When I was 12 I really wanted a Kuwahara bmx but had to settle for the CCM Mom and Dad gave me for Xmas. It is what it is...

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

They are quite stout. Dad looks like a penguin now. I wanted Sergy but would have been happy with OJ or Chucky.

When I was 12 I really wanted a Kuwahara bmx but had to settle for the CCM Mom and Dad gave me for Xmas. It is what it is...

No way. I wanted a Kuwahara so bad too. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

OJ is a lot younger than those guys, plus he’s coming off injury.  Add to that he’s still physically maturing.  He has a higher ceiling than any of the guys you mentioned, and it’s not even close.  Best to wait until OJ is fully recovered and fully mature.  

You still think he is gonna be better than Dahlin?

::D  :frantic:

I still have some hopes for OJ...hopefully he can become a 3rd or 2nd pairing D in the NHL. Will have to wait and see.

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

The guy missed almost and entire season.  Can we give him a bit of time, like 20 games before we get concerned.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You still think he is gonna be better than Dahlin?

::D  :frantic:

I still have some hopes for OJ...hopefully he can become a 3rd or 2nd pairing D in the NHL. Will have to wait and see.

Better than Dahlin, nope.  That's not likely.  Hughes could be though.  

I really want to see this OJ healthy and without rust.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Better than Dahlin, nope.  That's not likely.  Hughes could be though.  

I really want to see this OJ healthy and without rust.  

That was for Alf. He was adamant that OJ would be better than Dahlin lol  (as per my signature).  It was ridiculous then, and even more absurd now.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 112 said:

Actually, if you pay attention to what's being said, the 'anti'-OJ crowd is the one presenting the most reason.

Ignoring the consequences of 2 years of limited training, practice and games due to injuries and the effect that can on a prospects development lacks reason.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Ignoring the consequences of 2 years of limited training, practice and games due to injuries and the effect that can on a prospects development lacks reason.

Who denies that injuries can affect development?

And isn't that a good reason to have tempered expectations for Juolevi? Why are you stating it like it helps his case?

1 hour ago, hobart16 said:

I’m a season ticket holder and saw both games this weekend. The Comets won these games by a combined score of 15-3 so obviously a lot of good things happening and maybe it is easier to play d with 5 goal leads but OJ is getting the top pairing and having no trouble at all defending some pretty good players. Charlotte had some heavy forwards too. Half the time OJ challenged people almost at mid ice and just stopped them cold and turned the puck around, he challenged every time at the blue line again with success. Not flashy and not necessarily a puck carrier type either like Quinn Hughes but jury is still out. He has had serious leg injuries and I think he is rounding into form just now. 

Looks good on PK and he isn’t going to blast anybody through the boards with hard checks but he also isnt getting pushed around. 

No no need to panic. Another year from now with a full AHL season with good health under his belt and we will have something for sure. 

Thx

Every body  follow this guy if you want to know how prospects doing.

WatchingTMLl BOS game . it's a good game I suggest watch it..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hobart16 said:

I’m a season ticket holder and saw both games this weekend. The Comets won these games by a combined score of 15-3 so obviously a lot of good things happening and maybe it is easier to play d with 5 goal leads but OJ is getting the top pairing and having no trouble at all defending some pretty good players. Charlotte had some heavy forwards too. Half the time OJ challenged people almost at mid ice and just stopped them cold and turned the puck around, he challenged every time at the blue line again with success. Not flashy and not necessarily a puck carrier type either like Quinn Hughes but jury is still out. He has had serious leg injuries and I think he is rounding into form just now. 

Looks good on PK and he isn’t going to blast anybody through the boards with hard checks but he also isnt getting pushed around. 

No no need to panic. Another year from now with a full AHL season with good health under his belt and we will have something for sure. 

Thanks again hobart!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

The guy missed almost and entire season.  Can we give him a bit of time, like 20 games before we get concerned.  

Before he was injured last season OJ  had the worse +/- in the AHL for a defenseman. I understand the argument about +/- but taken over a course of time ( useless game to game) it shows a tendency and in this case it's not good. I'm fascinated by way folks choose to ignore facts and cling to dreams. On Canuck Way, there was a bunch who couldn't grasp  Virtanen's failure, seems  like on this forum it's OJ. Every one wants him to do well ( including me ) but if you're a GM for instance, you need to plan and cover the spot for the future. I hope Rafferty, Teves, Woo or Rathbone can come through