The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Well, Olli is getting evaluated in Vancouver now. Gosh darn it. I imagine if it weren't serious they wouldn't bring him all the way to Van from Utica. But maybe they are just making extra sure he's 100%. The Canucks' twitter says it's lower body, but unrelated to his recent knee injury.

Edited by N7Nucks
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I appreciate JB speaking on the matter, but why say it’s some vague “lower body ailment” instead of being honest?  I wonder if we fans will get to know what’s exactly going on after the team doctors see OJ?  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Can we not keep overreacting after every piece of Juolevi news?

He’s still a very solid prospect that has been dealing with adversity the last couple seasons. Whether it derails his NHL career or makes him stronger in the long run remains to be seen.

Until then let’s just be patient with him and hope for the best. With our current D corp we have that luxury.

But haters are gonna hate. :(

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Nobody could have seen just how injured this guy would get over the past couple of years, but now it’s almost becoming comical. 
For me, I have zero expectations for him at this point in terms of whether he plays in the NHL, and if he does, it’ll be a bonus.

• Wat 1

Good they are bringing him to Vancouver. He'll get what ever medical procedure he needs and recover/rehab here.

For some reason seems like could be a groin injury.. 

He hasn't been able to work out too much due to knee surgery and rehab. Groin injuries often happen when not in best shape but push your self too hard.

Good luck OJ. 

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

He's a bust. Unfortunately couldn't even manage to play a NHL game 4 seasons after being drafted. Passing on Tkachuk will go down as a Kopitar level miss.

Hopefully someone like Rathbone who I'm high on can develop into a top 4 d-man.

Oh no we passed on Tkachuk

You seemed to forget the teams that passed on Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Gaudette, Demko....

42 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Nobody could have seen just how injured this guy would get over the past couple of years, but now it’s almost becoming comical. 
For me, I have zero expectations for him at this point in terms of whether he plays in the NHL, and if he does, it’ll be a bonus.

Sometimes ,an NHL career isn't in the cards for some players...Its best to pretend that the 2016 draft didn't happen...I have zero expectations at this point as well.

Feel bad for him..cant catch a break.

Edited by Honky Cat

Does start making one wonder if this kid will ever play in the NHL.  Constant setbacks.  I hope for the best but it is hard not to think about other D we could have got at that spot.

Oh well.....

Edit: ....and yes I know all our picks can't be superstar picks like Petey and Hughes.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I appreciate JB speaking on the matter, but why say it’s some vague “lower body ailment” instead of being honest?  I wonder if we fans will get to know what’s exactly going on after the team doctors see OJ?  

it's important to get the diagnostics firmly worked out before giving information on his employee's health to the rest of the world would be my guess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3