5 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I’m guessing the team and him decided to just get through camp without any injuries. 

I highly doubt that.  More likely hes 20 years old and playing against the best players in the world.

Posted (edited)

That "tape to tape pass" was intended for someone else and almost got picked off

@Moneypuck Overlord @MoneypuckOverlord

@bree2

@shayster007

The play I was referring to wasn't in the highlight package.. the goal he was involved in was left out for some reason.. 

Edited by The 5th Line
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Darius said:

condensed game featuring Juolevi's first AHL game of the season. 

I found this on HFBOARDS.  You can see his ability to make nice break out passes

https://streamable.com/74frw

PS - i dont know how to embed this so it shows up just in this post

Man, the kid can pass

• Hydration 1

Great to see these clips of OJ. Considering he’s probably a bit rusty I think he looks fine. Crisp passing, great hockey IQ, poised. A little off in some battles but that’s expected this early. Really hope he gets at least until Christmas in the minors no matter what so he can get into gear again. 

On 6/24/2016 at 4:51 PM, Hedman said:

Done with this team. Cya.

I admire you, you were right and you stuck by your word.

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

In a game the team won, he was -2.  Hopefully, that is just rust.

Sautner, MacEwen, and Hamilton were all -2 as well.

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Sautner, MacEwen, and Hamilton were all -2 as well.

Yeah well, last year Chatfield was Juolevi's partner and he inherited the big minus. So is it Juolevi or that he is always put with bad partners that miraculously recover away from him? I still don't think he is right yet. He makes great passes and sees the ice well, but man is he slow.  I am hoping its just rust, I'd love for this guy to be the real deal and live up to his potential - we need a replacement for Edler.

OJ with an assist in Saturday's game.  Came off a his shot being blocked and the deflection going straight to Boucher.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Oh well, it was just a cornerstone draft pick after all, anyone could make the same mistake 3 or 4 times out of 10.

Dale Tallon had 5 1st rounders in his tenure as the Hawks GM. Toews and Kane were homeruns, Skille, Olsen and Beach were busts. So you can be wrong 60% of the time and still help build a dynasty.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3

16 hours ago, JaboVancouver said:

Dale Tallon had 5 1st rounders in his tenure as the Hawks GM. Toews and Kane were homeruns, Skille, Olsen and Beach were busts. So you can be wrong 60% of the time and still help build a dynasty.

Your facts don't belong here, Jabo!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, JaboVancouver said:

"You have to get bad before you can be good"

Tallon was hired as GM in 2005 - demoted in 2009

He had only three top ten picks, those named, so he was 100% on top ten picks, like most GM's are. Benning has had 5 top 7 picks, all could have been and should have been sure things, especially with all the data out there available to be looked at.

Name one other GM over the last 10 years that has blown two top 6 picks.

• Confused 1