The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

4 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

While Tchapuke is costing Calgary 8-10 million a year (next contract)...we will be paying Oli on an entry level contract...for what will be Edler's smarter replacement...

Okay. For starters, at this rate the Canucks will be lucky for Juolevi even playing an NHL game at the rate he’s going. Second, MT is a fantastic player who has earned whatever contract he gets next. He’s exactly the kind of player the Canucks could use in the top 6 regardless of how much money he’s going to make. Tkachuk is the type of player we all love to hate cause he’s a punk but would love to

have him on our team. Kind of like Marchand. Classy hockey doesn’t win you cups. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Most people seem to forget that OJ had also just come off being voted the Best Defenceman at the WJHC when the Canucks drafted him.  He beat out a lot of other highly-touted young D for that award.

Werenski was named best D - Juolevi made the All-Star team as the other D.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they won't. Ever. its going to be a new perfume, "Obsession by Tkachuk" 

Well if they had to pick between Petey and MT I bet they all take Petey.  If Back to the Future taught me anything, and it has, is the butterfly effect would mean we would never of drafted Petey or Hughes had we taken MT.  No need to generate 1.21 gigawatts folks, whats done is done.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

Well if they had to pick between Petey and MT I bet they all take Petey.  If Back to the Future taught me anything, and it has, is the butterfly effect would mean we would never of drafted Petey or Hughes had we taken MT.  No need to generate 1.21 gigawatts folks, whats done is done.  

Jim's drafting has been great. He's earned the benefit of the doubt on why he chose to pass on Tkapuke. 

Oh and people seem to forget, MT's disappearing act in the playoffs sent the F'Lames in the direction of trading for Lucic to add toughness. 

I'll say it right here: MT's actually a bit of a p*ssy. He can't even intimidate Doughty. Ever since he had to drop the spearing, etc. he hasn't intimidated anyone. He disappeared last playoffs. He can't carry his team out of trouble this year. 

Maybe Jim did know what he was doing. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

Okay. For starters, at this rate the Canucks will be lucky for Juolevi even playing an NHL game at the rate he’s going. Second, MT is a fantastic player who has earned whatever contract he gets next. He’s exactly the kind of player the Canucks could use in the top 6 regardless of how much money he’s going to make. Tkachuk is the type of player we all love to hate cause he’s a punk but would love to

have him on our team. Kind of like Marchand. Classy hockey doesn’t win you cups. 

If we had him ...we couldn't afford EP or BB or QH...at least one of those and I would rather have those...TPuke is not turning Calgary into a cup team and by the time Oli is in his prime Calgary will be back to the bottom...while we are perennially good due to our depth and quality. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'll say it right here: MT's actually a bit of a p*ssy. He can't even intimidate Doughty. Ever since he had to drop the spearing, etc. he hasn't intimidated anyone. He disappeared last playoffs. He can't carry his team out of trouble this year. 

Maybe Jim did know what he was doing. 

Now you are just being ridiculous.  MT is a good player so no need to try to start calling him no good just because the Canucks don't have him.  That is just stupid.

Edit: holy cow....some posters here are OBSESSED with Matthew Tkachuk to the point where they need to start saying he is not a good player lol. He is 36th in the league in scoring and is a pain in the arse to play against. I get that some posters don't want to keep hearing the Tkachuk vs Juolevi thing but you don't need to start being dumb and saying MT is no good when clearly he is a top line player in the NHL. Grow up.  :picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2