The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

Here is what his coach said last week:

A summary:

- He's been outstanding with handling the situation.

- It was hard to lose him after he was having a great year last year.

- Off to a great start again.

- Playing a ton of minutes.

- People here on the west would be pleasantly surprised in the evolution of his game and what he has added to his repertoire.

- First guy over the boards on PK, leads team in blocked shots on PK, horse in different areas, part of the PP, does a lot of great things.

- The way he moves the puck, his hockey sense is ELITE.

- Wasn't sure what was going to happen with hip issue, thankfully it was nothing major.

- Olli really enjoys playing the game right now and is thriving and fits into the positive culture of kids that are in Utica.

- This is the beset RJ has seen Olli mentally and physically.

Doesn't scream bust to me.  Joulevi will be a solid top 4 for us.  He was always going to be a longer term project, everyone knew that when we drafted him, injuries have just pushed that back.  He is 21 years old with 3 years pro experience and is a smart player with size and strong skating, way too soon to write him off.

People who actually care about Juolevi's progression are the ones who will care about his PROS and CONS to his development. It's clear to me that people like Fred65 and Drakrami are ONLY interested in the cons, so much so that they'll exaggerate the cons.

Fred65 has been rambling about Juolevi's minuses all thread long, regardless of the fact that he's been refuted several times over. He obviously doesn't care about Juolevi. He just wants to bash him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Neat. How many nhl points is joulevi on pace for this season?

Has he even played an NHL game yet?

How do you know he won't get called up and pot 40 pts for the rest of the year? Your logic is just AMAZING in trying to bash Juolevi. The real answer is: NO ONE KNOWS.

If you think you know Juolevi won't make it, you are rather presumptuous. No legitimate insider has ruled out Juolevi from ever making it to the NHL. Might not be this year but he'll get a long look next year, that's for sure. He's also only 21.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Has he even played an NHL game yet?

How do you know he won't get called up and pot 40 pts for the rest of the year? Your logic is just AMAZING in trying to bash Juolevi. The real answer is: NO ONE KNOWS.

If you think you know Juolevi won't make it, you are rather presumptuous. No legitimate insider has ruled out Juolevi from ever making it to the NHL. Might not be this year but he'll get a long look next year, that's for sure. He's also only 21.

You’re amazing. You’re awesome. How am I bashing anyone. You’re pretty sensitive eh? I’m sorry I hurt your little feelings. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Neat. How many nhl points is joulevi on pace for this season?

Joulevi isn’t an NHL prospect. 

you can tell a lot about someone’s knowledge of a player when they screw up the spelling. It’s really weird because it’s easy to see the spelling on stats websites.. those things that you watch instead of actually watching him play. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

You’re amazing. You’re awesome. How am I bashing anyone. You’re pretty sensitive eh? I’m sorry I hurt your little feelings. 

Keep it in the politics/off-topic thread.  you're way to full of angst to discuss hockey objectively

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Drakrami said:

I just drool when I think about if we had drafted Tkachuk instead. Gritty 80 point top LW. We could be quite a good team right now. My jaws just dropped when we drafted Juolevi instead of Tkachuk, never expected it to happen since Tkachuk was such an obvious choice. 

The story on Juolevi has yet to be written, so wipe your chin... er, both of them.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Do you find that walking around with your mouth hanging open and drooling while spouting crap and trolling gives you a lot of credibility? 

lol. Ashamed to see you are a Canucks fan. No manners. No class. Can't take an opinion that's different from yours. Childish insults? rofl. Get a life/grow up. 

• Wat 1

People just need to get over that draft. The draft is far from a guarantee and mistakes happen. Benning easily won the 2017 draft and his other years are pretty good too. We got lots of NHL players in the pipeline..Pod, Lind, Rathbone,Madden, Diepetro just to name a few. All but one of those wasn’t drafted in the first round which is incredible. So just suck it up and let’s calm down and let OJ play and maybe he will become a top 4 still. If not we’ll so be it. 

• Upvote 1