Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I think more than Tkachuk being inferior, he would actually play the same and make the canucks better which means we might be drafting 8th or 9th instead of 5th to get Petey. We might then draft 10th the following year and have Bouchard instead of Hughes. 

So yes, in hindsight, i world not change a single thing. 

Oh god imagine the Oilers with Hughes. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I think more than Tkachuk being inferior, he would actually play the same and make the canucks better which means we might be drafting 8th or 9th instead of 5th to get Petey. We might then draft 10th the following year and have Bouchard instead of Hughes. 

So yes, in hindsight, i world not change a single thing. 

We might is right

I understand this is just a discussion board where we all spitball ideas like we would if hanging with a friend ,but

with a Lottery system ,we also might have remained  with the exact same pick , we might  have moved up too :)

That is like saying if we hadn't drafted Boeser or EP we wouldn't have got Hughes (Oh wait, that is your logic) :)

It could have been better for sure, I doesn't appear to be too bad right now

but I think more than not wanting a Tkachuk family member , they drafted for a position (which we still need more of)

Drafted Boeser as Best player available and where he was ranked

Gambled on EP somewhat  based on draft ratings  as Best player available (huge score)

Hughes another Best player Available that fell to use and a position we desperately needed was a huge score (why Benning was excited at draft)

By this time next year , we should hopefully have an idea of what kind of NHL player OJ will be, I think he will get in a few games this year to show what he needs to work on to play at this level for next year, and the rest will be up to him and his health

• Hydration 1

Soooo if everyone can move on from what ifs and pretending to know the future...

Anyone know what happened to Olli? He's listed as injured for today's game.

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Soooo if everyone can move on from what ifs and pretending to know the future...

Anyone know what happened to Olli? He's listed as injured for today's game.

sneezed and tore a ligament

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Sorry to say, but OJ is a bustaroo.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

You were doing so well until you mentioned Myers.:bigblush:

Maybe it's just me but I feel we're a much better team with Myers...

LOTS of people said the same thing about Edler not too many years ago even after he proved himself 2011...

Our team seems much better this year with Myers to me. 

Game winner tonight to boot to further prove my point.  

:canucks::towel::canucks:

Edited by CoolCanucklehead
  • Like 2
  • Hydration 2

1 hour ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

LOTS of people said the same thing about Edler not too many years ago even after he proved himself 2011...

In his current role he’s fine no doubt and he helps the team. It’s when he’s elevated that worries me, and let’s b real we’re one injury away to Tanev or Edler before we see Myer in an elevated role and with regular defensive gaffs. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

In his current role he’s fine no doubt and he helps the team. It’s when he’s elevated that worries me, and let’s b real we’re one injury away to Tanev or Edler before we see Myer in an elevated role and with regular defensive gaffs. 

And when that injury to Tanev or Edler comes, how do you think we would look without Myers? You think we would be better off elevating Stecher or Benn or Fantenberg? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The reality is, Olli has had major back and knee surgeries the previous two years, and now, is apparently having hip problems.  This is all before playing a minute of NHL action.  I like him, I like the way he plays the game, but his lack of physicality has stood out ever since I started watching him last year in the A. 

As for the injury not being serious, unfortunately, management has little credibility on that score.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dungass said:

The reality is, Olli has had major back and knee surgeries the previous two years, and now, is apparently having hip problems.  This is all before playing a minute of NHL action.  I like him, I like the way he plays the game, but his lack of physicality has stood out ever since I started watching him last year in the A. 

As for the injury not being serious, unfortunately, management has little credibility on that score.

Definitely the game is much faster, the players are bigger, stronger and their shots harder in the NHL and is will be even harder not to be injured

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2020 at 5:50 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Nothing serious.

Bruised ego from reading all the crap on these boards.  He'll be fine

On 1/4/2020 at 5:13 PM, Alflives said:

Sorry to say, but OJ is a bustaroo.  

Get outta here with the bustaroo stuff on our prospects...your fur is getting in a ball again and this time the table have turned and it is you not supporting our prospects...

Go cough up fur balls on some other teams prospects....

@....Woo is good but for now at least Bahl is better...

• Haha 1
  • Burr 1

On 1/5/2020 at 10:33 AM, Dungass said:

Sad but true.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:08 PM, CoolCanucklehead said:

You watching ;)