10 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Does that really say much? I mean it's nice, but not important. 

I'd say it is pretty impressive that he is on top of that list as a Dman with over 50 games and 2 injury riddled seasons. He is beating out offensive forwards like Dahlen and Shinkaruk, Jasek, Lind etc. Shinkaruk was near the top of the AHL in scoring when he was with the comets. I don't know how transferable that is for forwards heading to the NHL as Virtanen is the only NHLer on that list and is ranked 17th. Juolevi leading the way as a dman is at the very least positive.

On 1/23/2020 at 7:53 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

Says a lot for someone who is suppose to be a bust???

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

33 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Says a lot for someone who is suppose to be a bust???

And hes only +1 better than the worst U-22 in comets history, and in mich fewer games!!!

• Haha 1

I think the comment about him being excellent at shot blocking and on the PK was really promising.

Him having a good first pass is something I think all of us already knew as well as being patient with the puck. 

I am interested in his PP point shot. I would like to see him develop this as a weapon like Salo did. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Davathor said:

And hes only +1 better than the worst U-22 in comets history, and in mich fewer games!!!

So lots of games to improve that useless stat is what you’re saying! 

10 hours ago, Davathor said:

You seem to be pretty happy about that statistic. Perhaps you're on the wrong board?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Davathor said:

You should check out this Matthew Thiessen asshole and his stats on the prospect page. 25.99 GAA, .500SV%. So easy to hate on, and so little effort required.

Really the biggest bang for your buck. :frantic:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Davathor said:

You know, when you are saying stupidly negative things about Canucks players /prospects to troll the Canucks fans, you should try not to get so excited that you drool like that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think the comment about him being excellent at shot blocking and on the PK was really promising.

Him having a good first pass is something I think all of us already knew as well as being patient with the puck. 

I am interested in his PP point shot. I would like to see him develop this as a weapon like Salo did.  

He hasn't gone a clapper, more like a seeing eye kind of shot I think

On January 23, 2020 at 7:53 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

It says something positive about a Canucks prospect. Evidently not the sort of thing that would interest you.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

You know, when you are saying stupidly negative things about Canucks players /prospects to troll the Canucks fans, you should try not to get so excited that you drool like that. 

Now that our team is winning and our more divisive prospect (OJ) is doing way better, and Jake is playing good too, and how we clearly won the Miller trade it’s pretty clear who the Trolls are.  

We should have an emoji called:  “Whack A Troll”.  A poster, like yourself, gets this positive emoji for killing a Troll.  

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Funny Alf ;)

My take on it is

Not every player is 6-4 240#, can skate like the wind, shoot over 100mph,has high hockey IQ, and puts up the points

I don't get offended with people talking about, what a player needs to work on

This is after all a discussion board, I think everyone should be able to see the negative comment and be able to decide if it is a valid concern (for them) or not, without taking offense or calling them a troll, because they disagree  for stating something?

There are 2 sides to every story, I for one enjoy hearing both sides (as long as it is done with maturity and respect)  and making my own mind up

That is what discussion is, and the intent of this forum I believe

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Now that our team is winning and our more divisive prospect (OJ) is doing way better, and Jake is playing good too, and how we clearly won the Miller trade it’s pretty clear who the Trolls are.  

We should have an emoji called:  “Whack A Troll”.  A poster, like yourself, gets this positive emoji for killing a Troll.  

Yeah, when things aren't going that well for the team, the trolls pretty much dominate CDC, but they really do stand out now. It's funny how hard some of them have to reach for pretexts to be upset over, now that the team and most of their prospects are doing well.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/22/2020 at 7:26 PM, redhdlois said:

so when Hughes isn't skating the puck out we'll have this pass as an option. Nice.

Its ridiculous for some people to be calling this kid a "bust".

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Davathor said:

I’d like to see the stats on how many Defenseman drafted in the top 5 overall, play in the minors over the age of 21.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

He hasn't gone a clapper, more like a seeing eye kind of shot I think

Yeah it’s pretty impressive. His goals from the point just look like cheeky wristers but they find holes. Similar to his passing. 

• Upvote 1

Just taking a look at Juolevi's stats, his +/- has taken a serious hit over the last couple of games. For those watching the games, is that more a product of the team's overall play as of late or is it more on Juolevi himself?