The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Thanks captain obvious. Probably should step up his work out game and go everyday twice a day. No need for recovery days to build muscle or strength after 2 years of major injuries right?

Didn't see your above posts at first,

Yeah working out 4-5 times a week along with ice time and dry-land training is a lot of physical activity, you can get a lot of mass only from working out 4-5 times a week let alone factoring in specialized training and dieticians 

Edited by logic
  • Like 1

I'm not even the biggest OJ fan but the dudes numbers speak for themselves.. everybody looks at his D+1 numbers as disappointing but I see them as impressive simply by comparing the numbers of the teams top 3 scorers in both years.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

He was the Fortnite bandit wasn't he?  Otherwise why add mature off the ice - aside from Fortnite no one said a peep about OJ's maturity level.  

If we're basing one's maturity level based on if they play video games, I think we need to figure out what is actually considered 'mature' at that point.

Are all people who watch TV lazy? Are all people who work for the city lazy? Many stereotypes to be had!

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

He was the Fortnite bandit wasn't he?  Otherwise why add mature off the ice - aside from Fortnite no one said a peep about OJ's maturity level.  

Although fingered as the culprit, I thought it turned out to be Patrik Laine

6 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Juolevi perfomes well in exhibition game and takes Fanta's spot. lets go. 

As the #7?  How is he going to improve?  Better he play major minutes (in a full healthy season) on the Comets than spot duty on the bench. For just this mini-season?  Well that’s different.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

4 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

number 7? would be number 6

Based on a few scrimmage games?  Despite all the injuries we’ve had on the blueline, OJ hasn’t even gotten in one NHL so far.  It’s because he wasn’t ready.  I don’t think he’s suddenly developed THAT substantially (mainly because of his injuries) to be NHL ready.   But only my opinion.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

He couldn’t stay healthy in JRs he couldn’t stay healthy in the minors 

but by some miracle he’s going to be able to stay healthy in the NHL. Good luck with that.
The only thing he’s proven since his draft year is that he is Very very injury prone. 
He was a terrible draft pick.

(hindsight wasn’t and isn’t required)

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

On 6/24/2020 at 9:21 AM, Tracksuit said:

He couldn’t stay healthy in JRs he couldn’t stay healthy in the minors 

but by some miracle he’s going to be able to stay healthy in the NHL. Good luck with that.
The only thing he’s proven since his draft year is that he is Very very injury prone. 
He was a terrible draft pick.

(hindsight wasn’t and isn’t required)

Wow. I thought I was the most negative guy on cdc regarding a Juolevi! Guess not. My argument is that injuries curtailed his development - but argued that a specific issue was the problem - his injury hampered his pivot to the left, which meant that it affected his gap when defending and his acceleration and general mobility. However, after his being brought to Vancouver for some treatment last year, I thought his play had markedly improved - and that was without a year of training while healthy. For me, the jury is still out, I want to see him 100% fit (or as near to it as possible for a pro hockey player - they are almost always nicked up one way or another). I think this long layoff - if he has put in the work - could really tell the story on him. My argument has always been that as he is, he is not ready because he was not healthy. He just turned 22 a month ago - definitely not too late for a defenceman.

Edited by Ray_Cathode
Spelling
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Wow. I thought I was the most negative guy on cdc regarding a Juolevi! Guess not. My argument is that injuries curtailed his development - but argued that a specific issue was the proble - his injury hampered his pivot to the left, which meant that it affected his gap when defending and his acceleration and general mobility. However, after his being brought to Vancouver for some treatment last year, I thought his play had markedly improved - and that was without a year of training while healthy. For me, the jury is still out, I want to see him 100% fit (or as near to it as possible for a pro hockey player - they are almost always nicked up one way or another). I think this long layoff - if he has put in the work - could really tell the story on him. My argument has always been that as he is, he is not ready because he was not healthy. He just turned 22 a month ago - definitely not too late for a defenceman.

His lack of durability is proven and that’s not even in an 82 game grind against the size and Hits he’ll Face in the nhl. 
Another year in the minors won’t hurt anyone.... well except probably him again. 

17 hours ago, Tracksuit said:

His lack of durability is proven and that’s not even in an 82 game grind against the size and Hits he’ll Face in the nhl. 
Another year in the minors won’t hurt anyone.... well except probably him again. 

At barely 22 years of age....nothing is proven...including durabliity....as far as that goes ...you could say with better believability  that Tanev has a proven "lack of durablility" and yet he had a healthy season.

Tell me all about it when Oli is 25 and is still on the shelf...

• Cheers 2

23 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

At barely 22 years of age....nothing is proven...including durabliity....as far as that goes ...you could say with better believability  that Tanev has a proven "lack of durablility" and yet he had a healthy season.

Tell me all about it when Oli is 25 and is still on the shelf...

I suspect that you are responding to a poster who considers 22 to be very old, and who can't really imagine a grownup changing at all. 

• Haha 4

On 6/23/2020 at 2:56 PM, Tre Mac said:

On 6/23/2020 at 6:23 PM, Googlie said:

Although fingered as the culprit, I thought it turned out to be Patrik Laine

I seem to recall the person who originally made the tweet (Jeff Marek maybe) about a “major franchise’s top prospect falling behind in his career on account of a video game addiction” came out and said it was NOT Juolevi after people ran with that idea. I think Jakob Zboril was the next prospect people seemed to think was the subject of that tweet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/4/2020 at 4:44 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

I have a feeling, just a feeling...  We'll see Olli Juolevi #48 play a game. Maybe 3?

This play in & play off year! 

Who is getting injured?    Gotta be at least 3-4 guys out before OJ gets in

On 6/24/2020 at 10:30 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

Wow. I thought I was the most negative guy on cdc regarding a Juolevi! Guess not. My argument is that injuries curtailed his development - but argued that a specific issue was the problem - his injury hampered his pivot to the left, which meant that it affected his gap when defending and his acceleration and general mobility. However, after his being brought to Vancouver for some treatment last year, I thought his play had markedly improved - and that was without a year of training while healthy. For me, the jury is still out, I want to see him 100% fit (or as near to it as possible for a pro hockey player - they are almost always nicked up one way or another). I think this long layoff - if he has put in the work - could really tell the story on him. My argument has always been that as he is, he is not ready because he was not healthy. He just turned 22 a month ago - definitely not too late for a defenceman.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On June 24, 2020 at 7:44 AM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Based on a few scrimmage games?  Despite all the injuries we’ve had on the blueline, OJ hasn’t even gotten in one NHL so far.  It’s because he wasn’t ready.  I don’t think he’s suddenly developed THAT substantially (mainly because of his injuries) to be NHL ready.   But only my opinion.

Juolevi has had injuries that have slowed his progress..Last season 2018-19  GP 18 -- PTS 13 had major knee injury  and would of play some NHL games that season with all Defence injuries... 2019-2020  GP 45 -- PTS playing in all roles PP -PK against  other teams top lines...

I still believe Juolevi will be a #3 D man for many years..

Juolevi 22 - 6'3  

• Cheers 1