The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Juolevi recently ranked #9 here

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2016/08/top-25-ohl-prospects-summer-of-2016.html

1. Mitch Marner
2. Dylan Strome
3. Matt Tkachuk
4. Christian Dvorak
5. Pavel Zacha
6. Alex Nylander
7. Logan Brown
8. Jakob Chychrun
9. Olli Juolevi
10. Mikhail Sergachev

IMO Tkachuk should be behind Dvorak and Brown is a bit too high for me. 

1. Marner

2. Dvorak

3. Strome 

4. Zacha

5. Sergachev

6. Juolevi

7. Brown

8. Chychrun

9. Tkachuk

10. Nylander

3 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

A blogger, who else?

I wonder where guys like Burrows, Marchand (The Rat Basterd) and Keith were ranked during their development?  Every guy develops at a different rate.  Some of the ones on that list may actually bust, especially the Leaf Smurfs.  

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder where guys like Burrows, Marchand (The Rat Basterd) and Keith were ranked during their development?  Every guy develops at a different rate.  Some of the ones on that list may actually bust, especially the Leaf Smurfs.  

Marner won't bust- he may end up being as good as Kane...wait and see the kid is elite in every way.

7 minutes ago, Nuckles80 said:

Marner won't bust- he may end up being as good as Kane...wait and see the kid is elite in every way.

He'll be good, but not Patrick Kane good. I've watched him and when not playing in the ohl he's been not noticeable or ok at best. At the same time he's been a star in the ohl but I see more 60-70 point scorer, probably not a PPG guy.

Edited by Rex425

2 hours ago, Rex425 said:

He'll be good, but not Patrick Kane good. I've watched him and when not playing in the ohl he's been not noticeable or ok at best. At the same time he's been a star in the ohl but I see more 60-70 point scorer, probably not a PPG guy.

Knights season ticket holder here. I think you are selling Marner a bit short. You are right, at the juniors he wasn't at his best, but he still dominated in the final game and scored two game tying goals to try and keep Canada in the game.

He was arguably more dominant than Kane as I watched them both in London. Marner really dominated the OHL playoffs and memorial cup, so I am not sure about the whole not noticeable outside the OHL thing, because he had a record setting memorial cup and I believe averaged almost 4 points per game. Easily the most dominant Knight I remember, him and Kane were very similar in terms of impact on the Knights.

I see Marner hitting PPG alot in his career. He won't put up Kane type numbers though imo. His IQ is through the roof, his hands and vision are elite, and his edgework is fantastic. His shot and straight line quickness are definitely behind Kane at the same age though, although Marner is the much better defensive player and can throw hits/be a pest.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

Knights season ticket holder here. I think you are selling Marner a bit short. You are right, at the juniors he wasn't at his best, but he still dominated in the final game and scored two game tying goals to try and keep Canada in the game.

He was arguably more dominant than Kane as I watched them both in London. Marner really dominated the OHL playoffs and memorial cup, so I am not sure about the whole not noticeable outside the OHL thing, because he had a record setting memorial cup and I believe averaged almost 4 points per game. Easily the most dominant Knight I remember, him and Kane were very similar in terms of impact on the Knights.

I see Marner hitting PPG alot in his career. He won't put up Kane type numbers though imo. His IQ is through the roof, his hands and vision are elite, and his edgework is fantastic. His shot and straight line quickness are definitely behind Kane at the same age though, although Marner is the much better defensive player and can throw hits/be a pest.

That's fair.

18 hours ago, GoBoGo53 said:

Juolevi recently ranked #9 here

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2016/08/top-25-ohl-prospects-summer-of-2016.html

1. Mitch Marner
2. Dylan Strome
3. Matt Tkachuk
4. Christian Dvorak
5. Pavel Zacha
6. Alex Nylander
7. Logan Brown
8. Jakob Chychrun
9. Olli Juolevi
10. Mikhail Sergachev

IMO Tkachuk should be behind Dvorak and Brown is a bit too high for me. 

1. Marner

2. Dvorak

3. Strome 

4. Zacha

5. Sergachev

6. Juolevi

7. Brown

8. Chychrun

9. Tkachuk

10. Nylander

Tkachuk had 107pts in 57 games(1.88ppg) and plays a hard physical game, might surprise some and become the best player taken in the 2016 draft.  I would say it's fair on his part.

Edited by Standing_Tall#37
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Tkachuk had 107pts in 57 games(1.88ppg) and plays a hard physical game, might surprise some and become the best player taken in the 2016 draft.  I would say it's fair on his part.

It's all speculation at this point.  What's more important to winning a Cup: an elite number one Dman, our a top first line forward?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It's all speculation at this point.  What's more important to winning a Cup: an elite number one Dman, our a top first line forward?  

Well exactly we have different needs. We needed to rebuild starting from the backend. Having an elite forward is the least pressing need on the Canucks at the moment.

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Well exactly we have different needs. We needed to rebuild starting from the backend. Having an elite forward is the least pressing need on the Canucks at the moment.

With the additions of Gudbranson and Juiolevvi, maybe that elite top line forward (young) is our biggest need now?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With the additions of Gudbranson and Juiolevvi, maybe that elite top line forward (young) is our biggest need now?

As long as we keep Hutton and Tanev, I think Edler should be moved for a young forward with potential if we could swing that deal. I know we won't get a top 3 guy under the age of 25... But maybe a top 6-9 player that has potential to be a game changer 3-4 years down the road.

Unless we have a surprising year we should be able to land a decent forward in 2017 with a #5-10 pick.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, iinatcc said:

What about "OJ"? :ph34r:

Oj reminds me of the Simpsons variety.  Too much controversy.  I think bc has had enough controversy in the last decade.  

Besides he's our 1st top 5 pick since sedins. Rather have a positive reference lol. Just me being me 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe?

We need a young puck wizard, somebody whose skills rub off on the whole team like the Twins, or Bure, or Nazzy did. My pipe dream would be Sam Reinhart. One of the smartest young forwards and best passers in his age bracket. Boeser and Reinhart would be brilliant together.

I don't really want Landeskog though at the price it would take. I still think Bo could easily be our version of Gabe.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

As long as we keep Hutton and Tanev, I think Edler should be moved for a young forward with potential if we could swing that deal. I know we won't get a top 3 guy under the age of 25... But maybe a top 6-9 player that has potential to be a game changer 3-4 years down the road.

Unless we have a surprising year we should be able to land a decent forward in 2017 with a #5-10 pick.

I think you meant to say, 'if we have another injury riddled season we may end up drafting in the top ten.'

:D