The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

Vilardi is on a deep WIndsor team that will be hosting the Memorial Cup in may. Considering he is on a stacked team Vilardi will have to create his own spotlight over the course of the season and playoffs.

Fun Fact: He is 11 months younger than Nolan Patrick.

16 hours ago, Derp... said:

Middelstadt has been my top forward pick for the Nucks since the summer, and all he does now is lead the USHL in scoring. His hands are elite. This is the guy you want centering Boeser.

Or on the opposite wing as Boeser. If we drafting outside top 2 then Midd should be a strong consideration.

Another college committed player.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

The dream

Net the #1 or #2 overall pick, and find a way in to the top 10 again (Tanev or Edler + trade) and draft Liljegren and Foote allowing us over the next 2-3 seasons to draft nothing but high risk high reward offense 

Knowing Foote/Liljegren will be 2-3 years away it would give us the chance to bring it all together within a season or two.  

For the first time in canucks history having pedigreed D men worth the name in Juolevi/Foote/LIljegren and knowing that at some point we'd have a Norris finalist out of the 3 of them

Would that be the sexy pick people keep demanding?  No, of course not...but but but the Sedins we need da scoring.  If people haven't noticed we've only held the lead once this year and for the 2nd year in a row rank bottom 5 thus far in blue line scoring and over the past 4 years have been consistently in the bottom 10.

Pairings and depth for fun and no not in proper lh/rh format in 4 years

Juolevi/Liljegren

Gudbranson/Stecher

Tryamkin/Foote

Subban/Brisebois

Is it sexy?  No.  But putting that in front of Markstrom/Demko is the building from the net out approach we've seen benning take in his career

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Or on the opposite wing as Boeser. If we drafting outside top 2 then Midd should be a strong consideration.

Another college committed player.

Not really sold on Vilardi quite yet. Apparently his skating isn't good either.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Not really sold on Vilardi quite yet. Apparently his skating isn't good either.

As we build for the next decade/speed and skating need to be 1-2 on our needs simply to keep up with where the league is heading, hell our division.  Keeping up to McJesus and the Edmonton gang as well as what Calgary is doing will be paramount if we ever want to see playoffs.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Vilardi is on a deep WIndsor team that will be hosting the Memorial Cup in may. Considering he is on a stacked team Vilardi will have to create his own spotlight over the course of the season and playoffs.

Fun Fact: He is 11 months younger than Nolan Patrick.

I agree. This is a player that's really intriguing me. If we land a top 5 again and he's available, I would draft him as well. But another prospect that would be worth picking if he slips is Comtois.

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 1

Mckenzie said that Patrick missed last years draft by 5 days. Had he been eligible for last years draft Mckenzie went on to say that Patrick would not have been a top 3 pick. Also says that he's more likely to be a really really real good 2nd line center and an okay 1st line center. Button thinks he's a franchise centerman, and is just as good as the previous 1st overall picks.  

Mckenzie also says that he's the unanimous choice for the 1st overall pick by a landslide. Liljegren being the only threat at this point.

Not flashy, does not have the wow factor, but big, strong, physical, shoot first type. Kind of like our very own Trevor Linden. He's the type of player we're gonna need that'll shutdown the likes of EDM, CAL, ANA, LA, SJ, etc. He's also captain material and a leader. As much as I like Liljegren, Patrick is a Benning pick. This is the kind of player Benning secretly jacks off to. Get a guy like Landeskog right beside Patrick, and we'd be set for YEARS.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Mckenzie said that Patrick missed last years draft by 5 days. Had he been eligible for last years draft Mckenzie went on to say that Patrick would not have been a top 3 pick. Also says that he's more likely to be a really really real good 2nd line center and a good 1st line center. Button thinks he's a franchise centerman, and is just as good as the previous 1st overall picks.  

Mckenzie also says that he's the unanimous choice for the 1st overall pick by a landslide. Liljegren being the only threat at this point.

Not flashy, does not have the wow factor, but big, strong, physical, shoot first type. Kind of like our very own Trevor Linden. He's the type of player we're gonna need that'll shutdown the likes of EDM, CAL, ANA, LA, SJ, etc. He's also captain material and a leader. As much as I like Liljegren, Patrick is a Benning pick. This is the kind of player Benning secretly jacks off to. Get a guy like Landeskog right beside Patrick, and we'd be set for YEARS.

I almost think you'd need a player like Patrick Kane beside him more than another gritty, two-way player.

• Upvote 1

Just now, c00kies said:

I almost think you'd need a player like Patrick Kane beside him more than another gritty, two-way player.

Boeser can be that. Doesn't have to be as good as Kane but Boeser can do just fine. 

Panarin comes to mind but idk if Chicago would ever trade him.

13 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Boeser can be that. Doesn't have to be as good as Kane but Boeser can do just fine. 

Panarin comes to mind but idk if Chicago would ever trade him.

I am also hoping Boeser can be that. Landeskog might be another good complementary player for those two, but even on the second line he'd be good.

9 hours ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

I'm more focused on our 2nd round pick this year. The last time benning had a 2nd round pick he ended up getting us a future elite goaltender. I want benning to find us a future top 6 fwd/top 4 dman with that pick.

Same here. Especially having Torts 2nd as well. Benning will easily be able to find some gems in the 2nd round easy

2 hours ago, KKnight said:

Been watching game highlights of that kid. Wow! what a player. Im still obsessed over Adam Boqvist. I still think the number 1 pick next year is Joe Veleno though. 

Jake Wise and Joel Farabee from ushl, Filip Zadina, Rasmus Dahlin and Alexander Khovanov in Europe,  next year's draft is going to be stacked with top end talent.