The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

Another option is a trade with Calgary

Calgary has made it clear that they want a top 4 RD who can log big minutes and help them go deeper in the playoffs. Tanev would be a perfect option. 

The price for a top 4 D man in the league now is a 1st + 

Benning has made it clear that a defenceman would need to come back. Rasmus Anderson is a 2015 right shot defenceman 2nd round pick by Calgary who would be a good addition to our depth. 

To Calgary: Chris Tanev

To Vancouver: 2017 16th pick + Rasmus Andersson 

With our 5th we pick: Cody Glass

With our 16th we pick: Erik Brannstrom 

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Not even going to try to predict 33rd+, this draft is WAY to volatile. Damn near anyone could still be there at 33.

That is the point of why I wanted to see who everyone though would be there.  It is a guess.....nobody is going to hold you to it.

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

That is the point of why I wanted to see who everyone though would be there.  It is a guess.....nobody is going to hold you to it.

I'd need to see who's still available. Far too fluid.

3 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Another option is a trade with Calgary

Calgary has made it clear that they want a top 4 RD who can log big minutes and help them go deeper in the playoffs. Tanev would be a perfect option. 

The price for a top 4 D man in the league now is a 1st + 

Benning has made it clear that a defenceman would need to come back. Rasmus Anderson is a 2015 right shot defenceman 2nd round pick by Calgary who would be a good addition to our depth. 

To Calgary: Chris Tanev

To Vancouver: 2017 16th pick + Rasmus Andersson 

With our 5th we pick: Cody Glass

With our 16th we pick: Erik Brannstrom 

I'd ask for Kylington, Andersson and the 16th if we're trading to Calgary. In comparison to one of the top defensive defensemen in the league, those three prospects may never even be prominent NHLers. 

Edited by TheHitman
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Derp... said:

I would rather pick 7 and 21 than 5 and 33. I would even throw in an extra prospect or something if New York needs it. 

I'd do this all day. 2 1sts is better than one any time. You have the luxury of choosing kids who have the potential to be studs and stars in the league. However, you can find all throughout the draft as TL mentioned so maybe staying at 5 may be a smart move

4 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Necas, Suzuki, or Yamamoto would be better selections than Rasmussen. 

Lets hope Benning can pull off a trade to land us some more top prospects!! 

Necas is a beast! would be extatic if we got him + the 5th

• Upvote 1