The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

7 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

Not even close.. Petty sure Edmonton, Buffalo, LA, and a few others would still be ahead of us. 

If we got Patrick or Hersh, then maybe in a few years. 

I doubt it, since Villardi is a Horvat-Type of a player, very well rounded, with no weaknesses - in the defensive or offensive zone.

Overall, I'd rather have 2 Jonathan Toews/Bergeron (ceiling for horvat-Villardi IMO) than the quintessential 'high offence-high defence' 1-2 combo of top 2 centres, because two top quality 2-way centers are much more wearing down to play against.

4 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

This was a reason why I was hoping we could've squeezed Lazar from Ottawa.

Considering the price, surely we could've matched that.

Is a package of 

Sbisa and Subban

That far from Calgary package if 

Jokipaka and 2nd?

I know Calgary got a 2nd rnd pick but there should be a case of Sbisa being better than Jokipaka? I'm sure fans here would've agreed with even Sbisa and our 3rd would be fair

IMO, Lazar should turn into something. I know we've paid dearly for trading picks for hunches and it has bitten us before (2nd for Vey) but this is something equally tempting. 

Calgary has their young fast forwards, but we don't.  Lazar is a better fit for them.  We needed speed in our youth.  

14 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

I doubt it, since Villardi is a Horvat-Type of a player, very well rounded, with no weaknesses - in the defensive or offensive zone.

Overall, I'd rather have 2 Jonathan Toews/Bergeron (ceiling for horvat-Villardi IMO) than the quintessential 'high offence-high defence' 1-2 combo of top 2 centres, because two top quality 2-way centers are much more wearing down to play against.

Have you seen his skating? Definitely a weakness,

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

We clearly have very different opinions on Villardi. Personally, I hope we don't draft him. That said I would take:

McDavid - Draisaitl 

Eichel - ROR

Kopitar - Carter

Over two clones of Horvat (and I love Bo). 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

i don't think so. i saw a few windsor games. he isn't blazingly fast but he is above average in the OHL. 

I like Vilardi but to say his skating isn't a weakness is just not true. There's been plenty of times where he should have a breakaway but the defense catches up to him. He's shifty but his acceleration and top end speed are poor. If those weren't issues he'd be in the discussion for first overall, not third. 

This draft seems to have a ton of Centermen at the top, which should help fill that organizational need.

Would be thrilled if we nabbed Liljegren (sp) and tried to move Tanev for a Center. 

Olly and Timmy driving play while Nikita and Guddy knock heads would be fun to watch.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Upvote 3

On 2017-03-05 at 2:23 PM, missioncanucksfan said:

Ya that's the style we're leaning towards as well and Lazar coulda been a gem for us

Goldobin

Lazar

Dahlen

Cond. 4th

Hansen

Burrows

Sbisa

3rd

Wouldvery been accepted by every Canuck fan

Lazar required to be protected in the upcoming exp draft

Hes One of those overrated world juniors players that people that only watch world juniors flock towards 

I put him in the same category as duclair, mantha,petan just to name a few 

he has zero goals and one assist this season ......hard pass 

• Upvote 1

On 2017-03-05 at 2:23 PM, missioncanucksfan said:

Ya that's the style we're leaning towards as well and Lazar coulda been a gem for us

Goldobin

Lazar

Dahlen

Cond. 4th

Hansen

Burrows

Sbisa

3rd

Wouldvery been accepted by every Canuck fan

Sbisa and a 3rd for Lazar.   

Not a chance in hell I'd take that deal.  

Lazar is as over rated as it get.  

Sbisa is one of our best all year.  

Dmen have higher value.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Dmen have higher value.  

Good, I'm not the only one who thinks Lazar is super overrated.

My friends were upset when we didn't trade for him but I told them to kick rocks. 

• Upvote 3

Considering that most scouts say the difference between the players ranked from 5 -20 aren't all that different.  Unless we land a top 5 pick, depending where we pick id love to trade down to acquire another pick or prospect.

Besides Patrick, Hischier, Liljegren, and Vilardi, the rest are about the same.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY

7 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Dmen have higher value.  

Not just that but do people realise that with an eye for talent that JB has, there is a strong chance we are throwing away a very good player every time we add a pick now.

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Considering that most scouts say the difference between the players ranked from 5 -20 aren't all that different.  Unless we land a top 5 pick, depending where we pick id love to trade down to acquire another pick or prospect.

Besides Patrick, Hischier, Liljegren, and Vilardi, the rest are about the same.

I'm of the same opinion. Though I have Mittelstadt in the top 4.

Top 4 or either trade down to say a 10-15'ish pick and grab somebody like Pettersson + extra return or see if you can't move the pick in a package for a Reinhart type.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Lazar required to be protected in the upcoming exp draft

Hes One of those overrated world juniors players that people that only watch world juniors flock towards 

I put him in the same category as duclair, mantha,petan just to name a few 

he has zero goals and one assist this season ......hard pass 

I'd put Lazar in Cody "Future" Hodgson territory

14 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Good, I'm not the only one who thinks Lazar is super overrated.

My friends were upset when we didn't trade for him but I told them to kick rocks. 

The mighty Flames development system will make him a star, as they did with Granlund, Baertschi, and Shinkaruk.

43 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

The mighty Flames development system will make him a star, as they did with Granlund, Baertschi, and Shinkaruk.

Sooooo...misuse him for a few seasons and trade him to us for a 2nd?