im on the mittelstadt train big time.

baretschi Horvat Boesser

dahlen Mittelstadt Goldobin

gaunce Gaudette virtanen 

boom!

Boeser with Mittelstadt, Boho with Goldobin. But yes

As a hockey player I can tell you not a lot of guys could pull that off

22 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

well, that's the question isn't it. if Dahlen is a natural centre, then we may draft a winger, instead at the upcoming draft. 

but if there's doubt whether Dahlen can be a top centre in the league, then we gotta take a centre in the draft. 

Pretty sure Gaudette is a centre and he is projecting very high.  We may have our 4 pivots moving forward.  Horvat, Gaudette, Sutter and Chaput

4 hours ago, monkey2 said:

I like Pettersson too. Seems like a playmaking puck hound. I am excited for the combine to get some info on his size and athleticism. Everything that I have read on him says he is between 155 and 165 lb at 6'1" or 6'2". Which is quite small.

he was listed as 6' 1" and 157 lbs at world juniors.

http://www.worldjunior2017.com/en/games/2017-01-05/SWE-vs-RUS/#statistics-tab

2 hours ago, Bandwagon38 said:

Pretty sure Gaudette is a centre and he is projecting very high.  We may have our 4 pivots moving forward.  Horvat, Gaudette, Sutter and Chaput

unfortunate that Gaunce isn't on that list. 

horvat, dahlen, gaudette, gaunce - how about that? 

On 2017-03-09 at 9:45 PM, Camel Toe Drag said:

And I think DeNiro isn't wrong where a player in this draft COULD become a franchise player. But the difference is that no one is being projected to be a franchise tagged player thus there is no point selling the farm to move to draft a player who we are not 100% sure what we have in him. 

Benning is cocky when it comes to drafting. He won't trade blue chip assets to move up 2-3 spots. He will think he can get a good player anywhere in the first round. 

On 2017-03-09 at 10:25 PM, AV's Coin said:

What about D Men from London ;)

We can't lose with Juolevi. Elite hockey iq being moulded by the best junior coach in the CHL. 

On 2017-03-10 at 1:12 AM, N4ZZY said:

but we need centres, since we don't really have depth there. 

Depends as well where Dahlen is going to be playing. Is he going to be a top centre in the NHL? or is the organization going to turn him into a winger? 

Winger. He's skilled but not very big ...

Dahlen is good along the boards for a smaller guy. I think he'll be able to step in and play centre if truly needed, but will be more effective on the wing. Didn't have a great game yesterday. Timra was not good as a team though

Any names to watch out for the second round? We potentially could end up with the 31st pick + our 2nd + Columbus 2nd.

Just now, Brobidus said:

Any names to watch out for the second round? We potentially could end up with the 31st pick + our 2nd + Columbus 2nd.

Anderson-Dolan, Ivan Lodnia, Kole Lind, Henri Jokiharju to name a few. 

Would love either Lodnia, or Lind. 

16 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

::D

Rasmussen is a safe player to take.  All accounts say he`s got top end character and maturity, he gets 90% of his offence from standing within 2 feet of the crease.  The unknown is if hes closer to Mark Scheifele or Bryan Boyle.   As I said, safe bet to be a solid NHLer, but not exactly the player type thats having success in the current NHL.

Id be phenominally happy with any of:

Hischier

Patrick

Vilardi

They will be in the NHL within a year imo.

I assume Liljegren will go in the top 5.  Given the need for dmen in the NHLs bottom feeders (Arizona, Colorado, Detroit, Buffalo, Dallas), theres a decent chance Mittelstadt will be available between picks 7-10.  He will be a solid pick outside the top 5.

Tippet is a strong prospect, but with Boeser and Virtanen, I feel like we have Tippets game elements covered on the RW.  Tolvanen is another uber skilled winger, but again with recent pickups Goldobin and Dahlen along with Granlund and Baertschi, his addition could also be somewhat redundant, though he would likely serve as an upgrade down the road, the clear cut need for this team is a legit top 6 center, and (still) top pairing PPQB Dmen.

15 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

We need to drop in the standings because Elias Pettersson is the guy I want. Already plays well with new Canuck Jonathan Dahlen.

Previously, I was not into this guy, but WOW!, those are some slick hands! If he can show that be can put on some muscle I would consider taking him. I still feel like one hit from a guy with the size of Tryamkin, who has 100 lbs on him, and I think he is done. 

17 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

::D

Button has an interesting top 15:

1. Nolan Patrick

2. Nico Hischier

3. Gabe Valardi

4. Cale Makar

5. Timothy Liljegren

6. Own Tippett

7. Elias Pettersson

8. Michael Rasmussen

9. Cody Glass

10. Miro Heiskanen

11. Martin Necas

12. Eeli Tolvanen

13. Casey Mittelstadt

14. Nick Suzuki

15. Jusso Valimaki

The two real surprises for me are Cale Makar and Miro Heiskanen. These guys were not on my radar at all. Anyone have any insights on these players?

52 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Previously, I was not into this guy, but WOW!, those are some slick hands! If he can show that be can put on some muscle I would consider taking him. I still feel like one hit from a guy with the size of Tryamkin, who has 100 lbs on him, and I think he is done. 

Button has an interesting top 15:

1. Nolan Patrick

2. Nico Hischier

3. Gabe Valardi

4. Cale Makar

5. Timothy Liljegren

6. Own Tippett

7. Elias Pettersson

8. Michael Rasmussen

9. Cody Glass

10. Miro Heiskanen

11. Martin Necas

12. Eeli Tolvanen

13. Casey Mittelstadt

14. Nick Suzuki

15. Jusso Valimaki

The two real surprises for me are Cale Makar and Miro Heiskanen. These guys were not on my radar at all. Anyone have any insights on these players?

I think both deserve to be in the top 10 with the years they've had. I like this 1rst round D class better than last years. I would be happy if we came out of this draft with Patrick, Hischier, Liljigren, Pettersson, Mittelstadt, or Maker.

12 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

unfortunate that Gaunce isn't on that list. 

horvat, dahlen, gaudette, gaunce - how about that? 

Nazzy you might find Gaunce in Las Vegas unfortunately. The Canucks will lose someone, he has a high chance of being selected

59 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

Nazzy you might find Gaunce in Las Vegas unfortunately. The Canucks will lose someone, he has a high chance of being selected

Nope. Very unlikely.  He hasn't produced out of the world numbers that would make Vegas even consider picking Gaunce. They'd pick Sbisa who is in a midst of his best season in a while over Gaunce who has untapped potential but has produced very little. He's getting closer to scoring his 1st though. It will come

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Nope. Very unlikely.  He hasn't produced out of the world numbers that would make Vegas even consider picking Gaunce. They'd pick Sbisa who is in a midst of his best season in a while over Gaunce who has untapped potential but has produced very little. He's getting closer to scoring his 1st though. It will come

It's probably coming down to Gaunce or Sbisa and there are 30 other teams to choose from as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they found 8 other dmen better than Sbisa from the other teams. If I was building a team I'd pick Gaunce in my bottom 6 before I picked Sbisa. I honestly wouldn't be surprised either way so don't rule it out.

If we draft LW Ryan Peohling and Benning trades with Buffalo for RW prospect Cliff Pu we could have a line:

Peohling- Chaput -Pu

hahahah

8 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

yeah. i think your right. Sbisa most likely will be selected by Vegas other than Gaunce. And Sbisa is young enough to grow with the young core down in LV. 

On 2016-12-20 at 10:53 PM, sharbinder said:

Garteig is actually 25 years old... not young at all. We are due for another goalie. Likely a 17 year old CHL or USHL goalie in a later round 4-7.

What happened to Maxime Comtois?? I thought he was supposed to go top 5