The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Everyone seems to conveniently be forgetting that Las Vegas is gifted the 3rd overall odds. This is not the year to tank, just more likelihood of being pushed back.

And how did that work out for us 

looks like this draft is top heavy with centres which is good for us

top 10 will get a decent centre prospect 

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Everyone seems to conveniently be forgetting that Las Vegas is gifted the 3rd overall odds. This is not the year to tank, just more likelihood of being pushed back.

good point. But I think from 3-7 there are guys who are pretty close to equal

Vilardi/Tippett/Rasmussen/Hischier/Comtois/

Edited by Canucks Curse

5 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

good point. But I think from 3-7 there are guys who are pretty close to equal

Vilardi/Tippett/Rasmussen/Hischier/Comtois/

Do these guys look to be improvement over Baer or Granlund though?  Who is the most skilled player in the draft?  Maybe that's who we should pick, if not getting Patrick?

11 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Two goals and an assist including the OT winner for Kailer Yamamoto tonight. Puts him two back of the WHL lead in both points and goals... the way our season's going though, we'll likely be picking a bit higher than where he'll end up being ranked (due to his size).

No thx to kailer, our top 6 lacks size and skill and atcthe top of this draft there are way better options: Patrick, vilardi, Tippett, hirschier, Rasmussen etc

12 hours ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

Nico Hischier another 3G and 4 point night. Up to 34 points in 21 games. Don't want to jump the wagon here but a finesse C like this would be perfect for a guy like Boeser. 

Yeah dude looks awesome maybe we could arrange a trade for Ericcson where we eat cap and trade him for a first

• Upvote 1

I'm really impressed with Nico Hischier. He's always played in the older age group and when he plays with his own he dominates. Played in the World Juniors last year as a 16 year old and also two Ivan Hlinkas. He's got great edge work, crafty with the puck, and seems like a very smart player. I would rather Hischier over Tippett and Comtois right now.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, junglesniper said:

I'm really impressed with Nico Hischier. He's always played in the older age group and when he plays with his own he dominates. Played in the World Juniors last year as a 16 year old and also two Ivan Hlinkas. He's got great edge work, crafty with the puck, and seems like a very smart player. I would rather Hischier over Tippett and Comtois right now.

I would honestly settle for any of those three. They will easily make an immediate impact to the team if they make it. But with some college players coming to the big club next season, it would be wise to send them back to juniors 

52 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

What do people think of Rasmussen ?

He is on the younger side of the draft ( turns 18 on March next year) but is humongous : 6 foot 5 and already 200 lbs+ .

He also has 17G, 26 points in 21 Games and is a center-man.

Is he a potential 1C ?

Anything is possible but projects more as a 2/3 because he plays a pretty simply game, nothing flashy. Obviously nothing wrong with that but doesn't have the creativity such as a Logan brown (from last years draft) who is comparable in size. 

18 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

No thx to kailer, our top 6 lacks size and skill and atcthe top of this draft there are way better options: Patrick, vilardi, Tippett, hirschier, Rasmussen etc

I got to disagree the kid is small but has heart and skill, i for one would love to see him in Canucks uniform.