The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

I was looking at the schedules for the teams around us.

Detroit 6 of 12 vs playoff teams

Arizona 6 of 12

Dallas 6 of 12

New Jersey 4 of 12 

Carolina 6 of 12

Vancouver 8 of 12

I would say we have the toughest schedule of everyone. I never thought it would be possible but we realistically could finish 29th. We play Arizona once which could be all the difference.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

I was looking at the schedules for the teams around us.

Detroit 6 of 12 vs playoff teams

Arizona 6 of 12

Dallas 6 of 12

New Jersey 4 of 12 

Carolina 6 of 12

Vancouver 8 of 12

I would say we have the toughest schedule of everyone. I never thought it would be possible but we realistically could finish 29th. We play Arizona once which could be all the difference.

I remember last year being very happy that Columbus won their last game of the year to put us lower in the standings at 28th in the league... but I guess better odds are better odds. Hope for the best.

Edited by HomeBrew

5 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

I remember last year being very happy that Columbus won their last game of the year to put us lower in the standings at 28th in the league... but I guess better odds are better odds. Hope for the best.

The way I look at it is we'll likely drop 3-4 spots depending on how the Vegas thing works. No way we pick 1 2 or 3. So odds aside the lower we finish the higher our pick will be. We finish 29th. We pick 5th. I'll be okay with that.  

6 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

The way I look at it is we'll likely drop 3-4 spots depending on how the Vegas thing works. No way we pick 1 2 or 3. So odds aside the lower we finish the higher our pick will be. We finish 29th. We pick 5th. I'll be okay with that.  

End the season with a faint gasp of life and let`s hope the stars align to get a little lotto luck this time ::D We need it badly.

2 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

I agree. We obviously want pick #1 or #2 (for the GMs sake they might prefer pick #2 so there is no second guessing) but from pick #3-#6 its a crap shoot in determining who the best players out of those ranked in that range are. 

35 minutes ago, Qwags said:

What does next years draft look like? Better or worse?

I'm curious too. I just cant imagine this tbing being turned around by next year. It is probably going to be another growing pains year. Sedins declining a little more but still sharing similar minutes to Horvat and Baertschi line while 3rd and 4th lines kids are working out the kinks. When is the next strong draft at the top end.

51 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Stacked. At least 3 franchise players going in the top 5 (Rasmus Dahlin, Andrei Svechnikov, and Jack Wise). 

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, winthecup said:

I agree. We obviously want pick #1 or #2 (for the GMs sake they might prefer pick #2 so there is no second guessing) but from pick #3-#6 its a crap shoot in determining who the best players out of those ranked in that range are. 

Just to discuss further the players if be happy with (in no particular order)

Patrick

Hischier 

Vilardi 

Mittlestadt

Liljegren

So if we finish second at least 1 player I want will be there at 5.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Just to discuss further the players if be happy with (in no particular order)

Patrick

Hischier 

Vilardi 

Mittlestadt

Liljegren

So if we finish second at least 1 player I want will be there at 5.

My thoughts exactly,  Leaving the draft with one of those 5 will be a successful draft for the canucks 

• Upvote 1

^^^ to further your guys point. Everyone wants the same players for 1/2 spot... So let's say we pick anywhere from 3-7 what is everyone's top 3-4 forwards and top 2d they would like to draft. With my extensive 5mins of research I'll start with in order

F- Mittelstadt, Vilardi, Tippet (our rw is getting crowded but who doesn't like a pwf game) and Rassumsen is huuuge 

D- Makar, Valimaki, Liljegrin all possible plus some big boys if we wanted more DFD which I don't think Benning does.

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

1 hour ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

I'm curious too. I just cant imagine this tbing being turned around by next year. It is probably going to be another growing pains year. Sedins declining a little more but still sharing similar minutes to Horvat and Baertschi line while 3rd and 4th lines kids are working out the kinks. When is the next strong draft at the top end.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Stacked. At least 3 franchise players going in the top 5 (Rasmus Dahlin, Andrei Svechnikov, and Jack Wise). 

Say if we finish in the 5th or 6th spot next year's draft. Would our 1st plus Tanev be a good idea to move up and select Dahlin, Svechnikov, or Wise?

17 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

My thoughts exactly,  Leaving the draft with one of those 5 will be a successful draft for the canucks 

I assume if we land Liljegren that our defensive core is done. Well probably even have to trade a defensive asset to avoid a log jam.

I'm okay with that