The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

hyper00

9 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Hischier and jokiharju this year, svechnikov next year. how amazing would that be

if we draft top two. then yes. or patrick. but if we don't and there's a good chance we fall AGAIN. then vilardi, middlestadt. i don't know much about glass. but he better not be related to tanner. because tanner was terrible. 

I would take a flyer on Ostap Safin for our 2nd round pick. He is a big winger (6' 4"), with good skill and speed. Here is his scouting report from elite prospects:

A competitive, 200-foot player that can fit in a power or finesse role. Skates very well, with balance and noteworthy speed, and handles the puck with ease and control at top speeds. Displays a dangerously accurate shot that he is never hesitant to use; always a threat in the offensive zone. Uses his frame well, to protect the puck, as well as to impose physically upon the opposition. Defensively stable and actively cuts off passing and shooting lanes. Could be more creative, but is more of a straight-line player. Potential is that of a top six forward that can complement similarly high-caliber players. (Curtis Joe, EP 2016)  

• Upvote 1

if we get a top 3 picks, i wouldn't mind trading it to arizona or the Aves for their 2018 first rounder...the top 3 picks in that years draft, looks Godly. Then in a perfect world, we will have the 1st and 2nd overall in 2018 :wub:

Andrei Svechnikov

Joseph Veleno

Rasmus Dahlin

Like seriously, most experts have Nolan Patrick rated 1st overall and top out as a 2nd line center??  This might be one of the worst draft ever. But the last 2 yrs draft's 1st and 2nd overall ppicks was pretty amazing.

Edited by Ichiban604

5 minutes ago, Ichiban604 said:

if we get a top 3 picks, i wouldn't mind trading it to arizona or the Aves for their 2018 first rounder...the top 3 picks in that years draft, looks Godly. Then in a perfect world, we will have the 1st and 2nd overall in 2018 :wub:

Andrei Svechnikov

Joseph Veleno

Rasmus Dahlin

Like seriously, most experts have Nolan Patrick rated 1st overall and top out as a 2nd line center??  This might be one of the worest draft ever. But the last 2 yrs draft's 1st and 2nd overall ppicks was pretty amazing.

Since When do scouts know the projections of every player? in that case Horvat should be a third line Stud the rest of his career and Virtanen should be the next Lucic

Something tells me Benning really likes Necas. He plays with energy (and hounds the puck), has great speed, excellent balance, and has a pass-first mentality. He also has tons of room to grow.

He also has that quiet confidence that Juolevi exemplifies, and that's something I love in a draft eligible prospect. 

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

You gotta love Casey Mittelstadt. Definitely a player I have in my top 5 with his name highlighted. After Patrick and Hischier, he's my pick. 

This is where I am at too. I think if we get a lottery pick it has to be Patrick, Hischier, Mittelstadt. I am high on CM, I think we have a need for a dynamic puck distributor like him. I think he would mesh well with Brock as the triggerman.

• Upvote 3

Eemeli Rasanen with our 3rd rounder, could be a great pick. Guy is a Finnish RHD, 6´7´´ and 210lb. He Is putting up points in the OHL. Wears #77 and has a wicked hard shot. I can imagine our D lines now:

Tryamkin - Liljegren

Juolevi - Rasanen

Brisebois - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson?

I like it. Kid looks lanky and uncoordinated right now but has good smarts. As he gets stronger and faster he should continue to develop. Plus I hear he Is tough and plays the body. Could be a good shut down Dman who can complement Juolevi with a hard shot and physicality.

Edited by monkey2

8 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Middelstadt seems like the type of guy to me that would either stay 4 years in college or leave us when he becomes a UFA to return to Minnesota lol

this is based on....? 

30 minutes ago, monkey2 said:

Eemeli Rasanen with our 3rd rounder, could be a great pick. Guy is a Finnish RHD, 6´7´´ and 210lb. He Is putting up points in the OHL. Wears #77 and has a wicked hard shot. I can imagine our D lines now:

Tryamkin - Liljegren

Juolevi - Rasanen

Brisebois - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson?

I like it. Kid looks lanky and uncoordinated right now but has good smarts. As he gets stronger and faster he should continue to develop. Plus I hear he Is tough and plays the body. Could be a good shut down Dman who can complement Juolevi with a hard shot and physicality.

I don't think he'll make it to the 3rd round.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Going to make a prediction here..  

We don't win a draft lottery spot, we end up picking 6th. We take a defence man with Middelstadt and Glass still available and CDC goes bat sh*t like last year.

If we pick up a guy like Liljegren I think most of us won't go bat sh*t.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Canucks take Nicholas Suzuki imo.

I find it interesting how Suzuki is ranked so low (mid-late 20s) with those stats; it might be his size but even then he's 5'11 and not tiny like Yamamoto. 

With that being said, I don't think we take him unless we trade down to the teens. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, funkyfresh said:

I don't think he'll make it to the 3rd round.

That Is precisely what would make it such a great pick! I think he would be the perfect long term D partner for Juolevi though and a pick like this excites me. I'm even okay if we do not draft Liljegren and instead we take Pettersson or Glass or Hischier such that our D looks like:

Tryamkin - Stecher

Juolevi - Rasanen

Brisebois - Neill

Hutton - Gudbranson

Edited by monkey2

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

this is based on....? 

being a pouty kid who just wants to complain for no reason apparently

A draft pick we haven't even got yet

A selection we haven't even made

A player we don't even know will be available when we pick or we may have a higher ranked oppty 1 or 2

And apparently he's already not wanting to sign with us!

AKA a draft pick that we don't even have rights to yet and creating 4 waterfalling / dependent negative hypothetical situations in order to create an imaginary situation to complain about

LOL wow down a rabbit hole of hypochondria or what?

Edited by BoDangles53

2 hours ago, monkey2 said:

Tryamkin - Liljegren

Juolevi - Rasanen

Brisebois - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson?

Oh god, could you imagine Tryamkin, Gudbranson and this kid on the same team? Bruisin' D.

• Upvote 1