hyper00

2017 NHL Draft - Chicago, Illinois June 23-24 2017

Going to make a prediction here..  

We don't win a draft lottery spot, we end up picking 6th. We take a defence man with Middelstadt and Glass still available and CDC goes bat sh*t like last year.

Eemeli Rasanen with our 3rd rounder, could be a great pick. Guy is a Finnish RHD, 6´7´´ and 210lb. He Is putting up points in the OHL. Wears #77 and has a wicked hard shot. I can imagine our D lines now:

Tryamkin - Liljegren

Juolevi - Rasanen

Brisebois - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson?

I like it. Kid looks lanky and uncoordinated right now but has good smarts. As he gets stronger and faster he should continue to develop. Plus I hear he Is tough and plays the body. Could be a good shut down Dman who can complement Juolevi with a hard shot and physicality.

Edited by monkey2

Middelstadt seems like the type of guy to me that would either stay 4 years in college or leave us when he becomes a UFA to return to Minnesota lol

8 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Middelstadt seems like the type of guy to me that would either stay 4 years in college or leave us when he becomes a UFA to return to Minnesota lol

this is based on....? 

30 minutes ago, monkey2 said:

Eemeli Rasanen with our 3rd rounder, could be a great pick. Guy is a Finnish RHD, 6´7´´ and 210lb. He Is putting up points in the OHL. Wears #77 and has a wicked hard shot. I can imagine our D lines now:

Tryamkin - Liljegren

Juolevi - Rasanen

Brisebois - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson?

I like it. Kid looks lanky and uncoordinated right now but has good smarts. As he gets stronger and faster he should continue to develop. Plus I hear he Is tough and plays the body. Could be a good shut down Dman who can complement Juolevi with a hard shot and physicality.

I don't think he'll make it to the 3rd round.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Going to make a prediction here..  

We don't win a draft lottery spot, we end up picking 6th. We take a defence man with Middelstadt and Glass still available and CDC goes bat sh*t like last year.

If we pick up a guy like Liljegren I think most of us won't go bat sh*t.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Canucks take Nicholas Suzuki imo.

I find it interesting how Suzuki is ranked so low (mid-late 20s) with those stats; it might be his size but even then he's 5'11 and not tiny like Yamamoto. 

With that being said, I don't think we take him unless we trade down to the teens. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, funkyfresh said:

I don't think he'll make it to the 3rd round.

That Is precisely what would make it such a great pick! I think he would be the perfect long term D partner for Juolevi though and a pick like this excites me. I'm even okay if we do not draft Liljegren and instead we take Pettersson or Glass or Hischier such that our D looks like:

Tryamkin - Stecher

Juolevi - Rasanen

Brisebois - Neill

Hutton - Gudbranson

Edited by monkey2

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

this is based on....? 

being a pouty kid who just wants to complain for no reason apparently

A draft pick we haven't even got yet

A selection we haven't even made

A player we don't even know will be available when we pick or we may have a higher ranked oppty 1 or 2

And apparently he's already not wanting to sign with us!

AKA a draft pick that we don't even have rights to yet and creating 4 waterfalling / dependent negative hypothetical situations in order to create an imaginary situation to complain about

LOL wow down a rabbit hole of hypochondria or what?

Edited by BoDangles53

2 hours ago, monkey2 said:

Tryamkin - Liljegren

Juolevi - Rasanen

Brisebois - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson?

Oh god, could you imagine Tryamkin, Gudbranson and this kid on the same team? Bruisin' D.

• Upvote 1

Robin Salo could be a good get. He's on pace for roughly the same amount of points as Ristolainen in his draft year. 
Still don't get how Erik Brannstrom gets rated so low. 

This draft has some potentially nice gets.

3 hours ago, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

This is where I am at too. I think if we get a lottery pick it has to be Patrick, Hischier, Mittelstadt. I am high on CM, I think we have a need for a dynamic puck distributor like him. I think he would mesh well with Brock as the triggerman.

It's the offensive instincts that has made me really high on him. I mean, this is not the most modest scout report out there but.. come on. He's got dynamic offensive instincts that I have a tough time not licking my chops over.

An electric offensive presence on the ice, Casey Mittelstadt brings the complete package of speed, skill, and hockey sense. He competes hard with every shift, and has the dynamic puck skills to keep up with his creativity, which is a hallmark of his game. His awareness is all-encompassing, and he never puts his teammates in positions where their time and space will be bottlenecked. Bigger players don't phase him, as he thinks the game analytically and will find chinks in the opposition's armor on the fly. As a result, Mittelstadt is often seen forcing more complicated plays that the opposition won't be able to read in time. On top of all this, he can play a north-south game, and his transition game is already at an elite level. He's a complete player with the predatory instincts necessary to succeed as a consistent and, perhaps, dominant point producer at the next level. - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=300831#sthash.AxFQYDBq.dpuf

Casey Mittelstadt seemingly had no trouble making the leap from high school to United States Hockey league play. His 16-game stint to start the season had him leading the league in scoring with an 8-13-21 (goals/assists/points) line when he returned to Eden Prairie for the high school season. Mittelstadt’s decision to return to Eden Prairie set off a chain of events that persuaded second-year draft hopeful Nick Leivermann and highly-regarded 2018 eligible Jack Jensen, along with the rest of Eden Prairie’s core, to return.

Mittelstadt has stated on numerous occasions that the main reason he decided to play another season of high school hockey was to win a Minnesota state championship with his friends after Eden Prairie fell one game short in 2016.

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Upvote 1

On 3/18/2017 at 5:15 AM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I just see Stecher being our Barrie type D that can be the PP QB, or even hutton being our Ehrhoff.  Enough to be our PP QB so that's why I don't see it as a really team need.  Liljegren is the only player that we can say is a chance of being better than Stech and Hutton,  but the question becomes how much?  Is he a karlson or a Fowler, because if he's a Fowler, is it worth selecting a top pick on a slight improvement over what our own players will become

I understand the sentiment.

Personally, I'm as excited as all get up we have some rookie D that look exciting.

But our top scoring D, rookie or otherwise, has 21 points. There is every reason to still be looking to load talent on our blue line?

9 hours ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

I'm not sold on Lligren 

i think a lot of people put him in there top 10 just because they know and have heard about him in the past 

I don't know if I would use my top 10 pick on this guy 

Benning usually surprises most the time so I think he's gonna pick a guy like glass and it ends up working out for us 

Liligren scares me. I have never seen him play and don't know him but his numbers scare me, though his tournament numbers admittedly look good. Based on the information available to me I don't get it as a pick that high, but I am no scout.

9 hours ago, monkey2 said:

Tryamkin - Liljegren

Juolevi - Rasanen

Brisebois - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson?

Jeez, he's putting up some very good points.

Eemeli Rasanen
Defense
Born Mar 6 1999  -- Joensuu, Finland 
Height 6.06 -- Weight 205 -- Shoots R

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----
Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016-17  Kingston Frontenacs         OHL    66    6   33   39   41
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's also right handed..

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jam126 said:

Oh god, could you imagine Tryamkin, Gudbranson and this kid on the same team? Bruisin' D.

That's the type of D core i have always dreamt of. Skilled, fast, tough, and hard hitting. Intimidating in their prime of 5 years time.

Edited by monkey2

As long as dont take Rasmussen, Tippet im pretty much good. Not that excited about this years draft. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, KKnight said:

As long as dont take Rasmussen, Tippet im pretty much good. Not that excited about this years draft. 

Rasmussen also had a wrist injury earlier this month and is out for 3-4 months. And Tippett's too one-dimensional and not exactly a need considering we have Boeser and Virtanen.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I understand the sentiment.

Personally, I'm as excited as all get up we have some rookie D that look exciting.

But our top scoring D, rookie or otherwise, has 21 points. There is every reason to still be looking to load talent on our blue line?

Using the first year point total isn't that best idea.

Burn up 16 points in his first full season, and only 25 the year following.

Head man need 3 years to finally crack the 26 points.

Keith's first year he only put up 21 points in 82 games.

Even Karlsson is only slightly out producing Stechers rookie season

I'm not saying we are golden on the point, by all means take a D this year but I wouldn't be using our best pick in the last 20 years on a player that could very likely hit a similar ceiling to two players already in our system.   Unless we are sure Liljegren will amount to more (I wouldn't take Makar in the top 8), i'd be taking Hischier, Patrick, Vilardi, Mittelstadt long before I take a D.  I'd say a point producing center is more important team need, than a D right now. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat
  • Upvote 3