The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks just took a big L

Virtanen

10 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

I been freaking telling you Benning weisbrod linden is really going to put us in a deep hole. We will literally have zero offence in the future. 

FIRE JIM BENNING WEISBROD AND FIRE LINDEN TOO HE SHOULD BE DOING HIS JOB PATHETIC!

NOOOO! I used my minus on OP :(

8 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I'm ok with this pick. Many scouts/GM'S say if there is a choice between top D or top Forward, always take the D. Great hockey sense...always beats the forecheck, gets the puck out of his end.

Surprised JB couldn't have dropped down and pick up a 2nd or 3rd and still select Juolevi.

OMG did Keith Tkachuk ever pack on the beef

Exactly! Expected him to trade down or at least take a future first line replacement (Tkachuk). I'm shocked by this pick and now nothing till round three. We better get some UFAs this summer. Very disappointed Dubois went third.

Just now, oldnews said:

What do you know?

That Dubust reminds me a lot of Bonk/Gratton.  Matured early in a weak league and physically dominated in spite of not having top-end skill.  Both were serviceable NHLers but were low end 2nd/high-end 3rd liners.

1 minute ago, Bandwagon38 said:

From the highs of thinking we might land Jesse Puljajarvi to picking Olli over a Tackuck...I like the pick but I think it could come back to haunt us when  in two years we still don't have a 1st line!

We have 1/3 of a future first line (Boeser) but we could have had 2/3s of one today.

I think Columbus taking Dubois was the catalyst that caused this pick, I bet Dubois was the forward Benning wanted but with Virtanen. Horvat Boeser, we got players that play a strong game I aslo think Tkachuks skating was a factor, Benning might think that Tkachuk cant skate at the pace other prospects in our systems can, or perhaps we dont have the playmaking center that Benning thinks Tkachuk needs.

I really wanted us to take a forward Duboiis was my fave but Joulevi was the dman I liked the most, Hutton looks like he can be a great 2way dman so I dont think Sergachev addressed our needs, Joulevi is going to be a great offensive dman that we could really use.

Im on the fence about this one, this could turn out to be a great pick, but if Joulevi isnt putting up at least 40+ points every year in his prime than it will be a wasted pick. Only time will tell, im not furious but still scratching my head a little.

1 minute ago, Bingo Chili said:

for a team thats struggling to score especially in the playoffs the last few yrs they made it, they skip tkachuk whos the type of player that scores goals and make a difference in the playoffs.

By the time Tkachuk is playing in the NHL, our offensive needs might be addressed already. Drafting isn't for immediate needs, it's for building the future of your team. And as of right now, the future of our defense looks a lot weaker than our future forward group. We needed a top defensive prospect with #1 potential, and we got it.

Wiesbroad for Gm draft bust of 2016 

this is is despicable we live in western conference .lowest scoring team  almost in league JB you you make me sick . Drafting out of your Amagus ? Insane team has Subban on farm with same skill set an higher upside potential.for undersized player . Look to finish bottom again 2017 good luck with free agents

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

That Dubust reminds me a lot of Bonk/Gratton.  Matured early in a weak league and physically dominated in spite of not having top-end skill.  Both were serviceable NHLers but were low end 2nd/high-end 3rd liners.

You do nothing but piss and moan.

I'm thrilled that you're disappointed.  It fits your gig.

Archived