The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Nation back in force with Nolan Patrick as the target?

Vinny in Vancouver

I love the Juolevi pick as I think he has Lidstrom potential. But I don't think he is ready for the NHL this year. Craig Button (who I know isn't the best scout) said that he thinks there will be 4 franchise centre men in the 3 drafts: McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, and Nolan Patrick. If we're not going to get a stud C like Stamkos, I personally would love to see the Canucks tank to get Nolan. My only problem is coming up with a catchy slogan for this:

• No-Wins for Nolan
  • No Playoffs means NP

:P

I hate the whole concept of tanking.  It's an insult to every current member of the team who is trying their best to win.  And if they aren't trying to win they shouldn't be on the team.  There are many ways to build for the future but intentionally losing is just plain cowardly, not to mention stupid.   Even if a team does come in last it is still not a guaranteed first overall pick.  Do you seriously think that Henrik and Daniel want to lose just to get a chance at a good pick?   Win now and win later.  And if we can't win, we're going to die trying (and entertain the audience along the way).  Go Canucks Go!

This years lottery is proof that you don't have to tank to have a high draft pick. Ya the leafs got number one pick, but if you finish anywhere in the bottom 10 you have a shot at the top 3. Columbus and the jets finished better than us and still picked ahead of us. I see us battling for a wild card spot next year anyways, I don't see us in the bottom 10 of the league 

2 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

Remember how some of you celebrated losing to the Jets last year because we would finish with better odds? They just drafted second overall...

Play to win, always.

If the Canucks out tanked the oilers we would of had the fin. So tank nation still makes sense, but don't worry next year Benning will make sure were mediocre enough. Teams like Calgary, Oilers and Jets trending upwards, playoffs ?

9 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I love the Juolevi pick as I think he has Lidstrom potential. But I don't think he is ready for the NHL this year. Craig Button (who I know isn't the best scout) said that he thinks there will be 4 franchise centre men in the 3 drafts: McDavid, Eichel, Matthews, and Nolan Patrick. If we're not going to get a stud C like Stamkos, I personally would love to see the Canucks tank to get Nolan. My only problem is coming up with a catchy slogan for this:

• No-Wins for Nolan
  • No Playoffs means NP

:P

Button would be the first to say that

Patrick isn't in the same group as the rest

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

If the Canucks out tanked the oilers we would of had the fin. So tank nation still makes sense, but don't worry next year Benning will make sure were mediocre enough. Teams like Calgary, Oilers and Jets trending upwards, playoffs ?

That's not how that works, Desi.

1 minute ago, Winter Soldier said:

That's not how that works, Desi.

enough mr winter, count the days of this management,also when things get written in stone this might easily be the worst management we have had in some time. Why the heck is HANSEN and Edler still here?

Benning needs to wake up, Shaw got 2 2nd rounders we should have been dealing Hansen, but I gaurantee you Benning is thinking playoffs. This guy needs to go, no hamhuis trade and now Edler and Hansen remain why? 

Just now, Rush17 said:

We won't be tanking with one or both of Erikkson and Lucic on board lol.

yes we will be in a solid 7-10 place, don't forget the teams around us today have gotten much better

Calgary- improved their goaltending

Oilers - got better and now have lee-way to move for a key defencemen

Jets- also got better, were fighting for a playoff spot last year.

looking in so far even a lucic won't make much of a difference on this team. This team freaking needs to start selling players like HANSEN and Edler yet they are sitting there doing god knows what. This is the same management who failed this fanbase on TDL, and now they seem to be heading that way at draft day. 

Archived