The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tank Nation back in force with Nolan Patrick as the target?

Vinny in Vancouver

25 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

Remember how some of you celebrated losing to the Jets last year because we would finish with better odds? They just drafted second overall...

Play to win, always.

And that late 3 game winning streak cost us Puljujarvi.  

our team is tanking how so we are going for a few first line wingers in free agency  and have a rock solid dcorp now  plus excellent goaltending prospects plus boeser, hutton, horvat, virtanen, tryamkin, gudbranson, juolevi as part of our young core how are we gonna be as bad as you make out to be. Most of the horrible gillis cntracts are gone  so ya we are gonna do great next yr

19 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

yes we will be in a solid 7-10 place, don't forget the teams around us today have gotten much better

Calgary- improved their goaltending

Oilers - got better and now have lee-way to move for a key defencemen

Jets- also got better, were fighting for a playoff spot last year.

looking in so far even a lucic won't make much of a difference on this team. This team freaking needs to start selling players like HANSEN and Edler yet they are sitting there doing god knows what. This is the same management who failed this fanbase on TDL, and now they seem to be heading that way at draft day. 

Oilers better yes, Winnipeg better yes, Calgary better possibly.

Elliot has still a lot to prove in the post season. I think they should of ponyd up and got either bishop or fluery imo.

But look at us last season a year removed from the post season with a year fully of injuries. It's hard to gauge where we will be given those circumstances.  

I think we're a top 3 pacific team next year. Edmonton is the big question. Pulvi will make them a lot better but they need a d so let's wait and see. Calgary will get better as their youngsters age.  But we're still a really good team

21 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

yes we will be in a solid 7-10 place, don't forget the teams around us today have gotten much better

looking in so far even a lucic won't make much of a difference on this team. This team freaking needs to start selling players like HANSEN and Edler yet they are sitting there doing god knows what. This is the same management who failed this fanbase on TDL, and now they seem to be heading that way at draft day. 

you should become a oiler or leaf fan   im pumped for bennings team coming up next yr  no more rolling over getting bullied by teams like bruins or kings  tryamkin and gudbranson change the dynamics of this team  eriksson and lucic  would be a home run stamkos would be a grand slam

26 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Some teams get better, some get worse......can just as easily be said that LA, Chicago, and St Louis all got worse.

34 minutes ago, LolClarkson said:

Button would be the first to say that

Patrick isn't in the same group as the rest

I'm curious, what would make you say that? Have you seen him play in the WHL? The kid's already an amazing force at both ends of the ice. Watch him this year, and barring injury, he'll get even better.

3 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Do you EVER quit whining?  Seriously, your broken record act is asinine.

did I whine at the Baerstchi contract, NO did I whine at the Demko signing. I only voice my opinion when I know its a huge mistake. Look if they were going to after Olli then they should have atleast traded with flames and got something in return. Remember how Burke got us the Sedins', its called wheeling and dealing I seriously don't know if Benning is a good negotiator, so far I think he's not he seems to over-pay many trades.

Just now, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

did I whine at the Baerstchi contract, NO did I whine at the Demko signing. I only voice my opinion when I know its a huge mistake. Look if they were going to after Olli then they should have atleast traded with flames and got something in return. Remember how Burke got us the Sedins', its called wheeling and dealing I seriously don't know if Benning is a good negotiator, so far I think he's not he seems to over-pay many trades.

You speak as if you could do better,  but frankly if you were given the position of GM, you'd probably s×!+ your pants and sell the team. 

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

And what if one of the teams we moved behind were as high on Juolevi as Benning was? Then we lose out on the guy we want.

50 minutes ago, Barry_Wilkins said:

Yes, let's tank 11 months before next season ends! You must be so excited to see the Canucks lose all season on purpose starting in a few months for a 20% chance to pick your new saviour.

I get why you're upset, but I think I'm being realistic. Allow me to explain. I would love to see this group of Canucks win, but imho, just looking at the other teams in our division, we're not matching up very well. There are only so many ways you can improve your team: draft, trade, free agents, improvement of existing players, better coaching.

• In the draft, I don't think we got a player who will help us this year.
  • In the free agent list, I know it's debatable, but I personally think only a Stamkos is good enough for us to move up to the next level.
  • On the trade front, Gudbranson will help, but he's not going to score. To get talent in a trade, you need to give up talent and our AHL stable is bare and a lot of our guys are old (and no, Sbisa, doesn't count as talent). 
  • Our young guys are talented but very inexperienced. Our old guys are...getting older.
  • We still have Willie.

We're going to need a number 1 centre soon to replace Henrik. I believe that future number 1 centre is currently not on our team. That's why I'm looking to see where we can get one. Enter Nolan Patrick.

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

how good is Joulevi, you could have still gained a pick and got Chychrun or the Russian.

w/e its done with now

I keep hoping one of the Betman, "we have a trade" announcements is us trading Sbisa, or Hansen, or Edler to get some more picks...I keep being disappointed:(   who do we have to trade for a second Desi?

You think tank nation would've gotten the memo the Canucks are a cursed team when we dropped to #5. We could finish dead last next season and the Canucks will more assuredly be picking outside of the top 3 again.

Tanking simply won't work for this club. If we want the #1 pick then it's up to Benning to wheel and deal for it. Makes far more sense than wasting a season for a lotto chance that'll never go in our favour.

Archived