The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jakob Stukel | LW

thejazz97

12 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Regina completes the sweep over Calgary with a 5-1 win today and Stukel's season is done. One assist in four playoff games, 23-50-53 in 70 regular season games.

Assuming he's eligible for a Comets ATO?

• 3 months later...
54 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Kind of late, but Stukel was flying in the prospects game - outskating pretty much everyone. He might be another darkhorse prospect.

Thing is he can skate like the wind, but kind of feels like the rest of his ability (mind, hands, thought process) is lagging behind.  Kind of like Mason Raymond.

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Thing is he can skate like the wind, but kind of feels like the rest of his ability (mind, hands, thought process) is lagging behind.  Kind of like Mason Raymond.

If he can reach a Mason Raymond level that would be fantastic value for a 6th round pick.

It will be interesting to see if he goes back to Calgary or jumps up to pro this season. My guess is one more year of junior couldn't hurt.

9 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Kind of late, but Stukel was flying in the prospects game - outskating pretty much everyone. He might be another darkhorse prospect.

I think that's the problem about Stukel. 

He gets by mostly on speed but doesn't process the game well enough and has below-average skill. He's usually trying the same moves when he's not trying to burn by defenders with pure speed. When he's faced with semi-decent defenders, he struggles to score. 

Cant really complain about the pick though since he's a sixth rounder. Him making the AHL in a permanent top 6 role would be a win in my books. 

On 2017-04-02 at 5:44 PM, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

His break aways are Bure like. With the speed and hands he has I am a little surprised he hasnt scored more at the junior level.

It is a long shot for his hands to catch up to his speed. If he can learn some solid two way play he could be a modern day Dean McCammond or Carl Haglin. 

Good for creating turnovers, gets people out of their seat for breakaways, but rarely scores. 

A Mason Raymond who can hopefully stay on his skates.  

Not bad if he can get there. 

EmW

On 02/04/2017 at 1:44 PM, Bobby_Lu1ngo said:

His break aways are Bure like. With the speed and hands he has I am a little surprised he hasnt scored more at the junior level.

Good God. He doesn't have a scorers skill set. His brain doesn't work nearly as well as his legs, he's a bottom six guy. 

On 31/03/2017 at 3:20 PM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Yep, don't know if he'd play any games there unless there's some injuries. But it wouldn't hurt for him to be around a pro team for a couple of weeks, and maybe he could sneak into a game once the Comets' playoff fate is determined one way or the other.

Well if the NHL roster looks like so...

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Goldobin 

Eriksson Sutter Granlund 

Molino Gagner Rodin

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Juolevi Stecher 

Holm

Utica should be very good. Especially if it's true Dahlen will be there like I read in his thread...

Virtanen Gaunce Dahlen

XXXXXX Chaput XXXXXX

XXXXXX McEwen XXXXXX

XXXXXX Cassels XXXXXX

Pedan Subban

McEneny XXXXXX

Brisebois XXXXXX

Then my man Demko.

Team will be a playoff team, hopefully they make a run.. I'm expecting Demko to have a monster year

7 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Well if the NHL roster looks like so...

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Goldobin 

Eriksson Sutter Granlund 

Molino Gagner Rodin

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Juolevi Stecher 

Holm

Utica should be very good. Especially if it's true Dahlen will be there like I read in his thread...

Virtanen Gaunce Dahlen

XXXXXX Chaput XXXXXX

XXXXXX McEwen XXXXXX

XXXXXX Cassels XXXXXX

Pedan Subban

McEneny XXXXXX

Brisebois XXXXXX

Then my man Demko.

Team will be a playoff team, hopefully they make a run.. I'm expecting Demko to have a monster year

Gaunce would never clear waivers to Utica. More likely Boeser starts in Utica. Is Dorsett your 13 forward? 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Gaunce would never clear waivers to Utica. More likely Boeser starts in Utica. Is Dorsett your 13 forward? 

Vegas didn't take Gaunce. What makes you think somebody else would put in a claim on him pre season. Of course he could be claimed, but I would say it's more unlikely than likely. Everybody had a full year to look at him last season.

4 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Vegas didn't take Gaunce. What makes you think somebody else would put in a claim on him pre season. Of course he could be claimed, but I would say it's more unlikely than likely. Everybody had a full year to look at him last season.

Because he's a 23 year-old forward on the rise with excellent defensive numbers last season. Vegas saw more value in Sbisa but that doesn't mean the other 29 NHL teams would see value in picking him up for free.

18 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Because he's a 23 year-old forward on the rise with excellent defensive numbers last season. Vegas saw more value in Sbisa but that doesn't mean the other 29 NHL teams would see value in picking him up for free.

They selected Sbisa with the intention of trading him but that hasn't happened yet. He way well end up in the opening night lineup for Vegas it appears. The contract might be a barrier to movement there.

Archived