Sign in to follow this  
thejazz97

Jakob Stukel | LW

Cool name. 

Picks are long shots at this stage. I have no problem taking some local talent here. The motivation of playing for his hometown team might be enough for him to exceed expectations. If not, oh well it's par for the course.

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

Man, he really set off when he got traded to the Hitmen.

But,  but,  but the Hitmen don't know how to handle prospects......can't send our guys there,  must demand he be traded to KEL^_^!

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Cool name. 

Picks are long shots at this stage. I have no problem taking some local talent here. The motivation of playing for his hometown team might be enough for him to exceed expectations. If not, oh well it's par for the course.

This pick is better than the Lockwood pick.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Looks good. Great name too. 

I keep thinking of Bruno Stachel in The Blue Max.

1 minute ago, Stanky Legs said:

This pick is better than the Lockwood pick.

I disagree, Lockwood looks really solid.  All the tools to be a pro

• Upvote 2

Here is your Shinkaruk replacement for those who miss him.  Similar strengths and weaknesses without the dangle. 

Good shot decent passer with some speed. Defensively needs work and doesn't play a physical game.  Sounds like he replaces "Get Shinky with it"

I watched him a couple of times, he has great speed. And even last year I thought he was noticeable. 

• Upvote 2

I like this and the Candella pick. I know nothing aboutthem, I just ike their names.:bigblush:

3 minutes ago, mpt said:

I disagree, Lockwood looks really solid.  All the tools to be a pro

Yea, just wait until the u20's and I think people will be having a different tone.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea, just wait until the u20's and I think people will be having a different tone.

We'll see, I'm interested to find out.  You can't expect a guy to stand out as a 3rd rounder, obviously he's a project, but he looks like he has the skill set.  Can he bulk up and put it all together?  Only time will tell

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mpt said:

We'll see, I'm interested to find out.  You can't expect a guy to stand out as a 3rd rounder, obviously he's a project, but he looks like he has the skill set.  Can he bulk up and put it all together?  Only time will tell

For sure. I just think players with his skill set tend to do well in those tournaments.

The fact that Michigan recruited him says alot. They have their own scouts with a good eye for talent, and clearly see something in him.

• Upvote 1

He missed his entire 16 year old season with injury. So for all intents and purposes his past season was his 2nd season in the WHL, not third, even though he was technically an overager

Finally a BC boy drafted in this draft ...we missed out in the 3rd round (Josh Anderson-Naniamo) and in the 5th (Beck Malenstyn-Delta)

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

For sure. I just think players with his skill set tend to do well in those tournaments.

The fact that Michigan recruited him says alot. They have their own scouts with a good eye for talent, and clearly see something in him.

The good thing about those tournaments though, is you can really see the skill set of those type of players, if you have the skills you have the skills, the question is can you use those skills among men.  If you don't have it, you don't have it and there's no hope

Certainly speed and a cool name seem to stand out. Reading a bit on him seems like if he doesn't fit in as a top 6 eventually he could be effective as a top 9 player using his speed and finding opportunities to contribute.